Login

russian armor

Rise of the Soviets

10 Feb 2014, 19:16 PM

Hi all,

Long time player of CoH (1 and 2), and I've noticed a disturbing trend recently. Am I missing something, or have the Sovs gotten way more powerful ? I never play Sov, so I'm not up to speed on their doctrines, but so far, I've been able to piece together the following:

They now have access to A-10 Warthogs, deploying laser-guided smartbombs (took out a full health Panther with one shot)

Their soldiers have been injected with the Super Soldier Serum (ran through two MG42s, and murdered two squads of PGs)

Put their factory workers on a strict diet of crack and coffee (fielded 5 T-34s in approx. 6 mins.)

Developed depleted uranium shells for their AT guns (took out a Panther with 2 shots).

Also, they've developed a clone army, allowing them to flood the field with cons.

That about cover it ? I don't have a replay, but used to win fairly regularly. Not all the time, but I certainly wouldnt get on a 5 game losing streak.

On the other hand, the Germans are having a bad day:

Dietrich mistakenly put the cardboard armor on my Panthers

The PGs have started accepting "special needs" recruits

Hans ( the Stuka pilot) forgot his glasses, or doesn't like his own guys, one or the other.

Do the Sovs have new commanders, or have the Germans been nerfed into the fucking ground ?
10 Feb 2014, 19:37 PM
10 Feb 2014, 20:05 PM

Ju is dis trol , oly yeezus
10 Feb 2014, 21:06 PM

Where can you download this mod?
10 Feb 2014, 21:24 PM

I'm not trolling. I have noticed a significant increase in Soviet power in recent games. I'm just wondering if there's been anything new.
10 Feb 2014, 22:23 PM

you forgot the IL-2 Strafing pilot has new high tech, modern HUD and guided shots in the plane allowing him to find a random squad/light vehicle in the map and 1 shot him on retreat
10 Feb 2014, 23:30 PM

You're right....I forgot to mention how grateful I was to be able to test the armor of the IS-2 by firing 3 salvos from 2 shreck squads, and not denting it. I like knowing that I helped the Russians to know that this tank is completely immune to infantry AT.
11 Feb 2014, 02:08 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

The best part was when he said this wasn't a troll.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★