Login

russian armor

Blitzkrieg Needs to Overheat

7 Feb 2014, 16:04 PM

If the T34's ram has been nerfed to high hell and beyond (unless blessed by the RNG gods), it doesn't make any sense the Blitzkrieg ability doesn't overheat after use. Every ability is a gamble and has a caveat, a explosive can miss, focus slows SU85 down; Blitzkrieg NEEDS to overheat after use. It's the only active non-passive unit ability that is all Pro and no Con.

in my opnion ram is not nerfed enough. seen plenty of games where oen ram turned the a battle compeletly around. for the record blitz is fine
7 Feb 2014, 17:09 PM

Blitz is fine, why we even talking about this. Look at the asymmetric design. Soviet have sight/range and Germans have the ability to close the distance (which can be mitigated by a cheap at toss or 25 muni mine). Just cause 1 game somebody used blitz to beat you doesn't make it OP. Jesus... You got to wonder why no top tier players post these "nerf/buff" posts all the time. It's always guys with most likely average skills. If I posted for everytime I got beat by something I thought was OP I'd have.... A lot of topic starters. Figure out ways to beat it, use your head and some tactics!
7 Feb 2014, 18:32 PM

Blitz is fine, why we even talking about this. Look at the asymmetric design. Soviet have sight/range and Germans have the ability to close the distance (which can be mitigated by a cheap at toss or 25 muni mine). Just cause 1 game somebody used blitz to beat you doesn't make it OP. Jesus... You got to wonder why no top tier players post these "nerf/buff" posts all the time. It's always guys with most likely average skills. If I posted for everytime I got beat by something I thought was OP I'd have.... A lot of topic starters. Figure out ways to beat it, use your head and some tactics!

You think this is bad? Have you looked at the quantity of shocks/guards qq threads? Lol

To clarify my position on this I don't think it needs to be nerfed, but I would very much like to see a drawback worked into it much like most soviet vet1 ability.

Sight: up range at cost of mobility
Capture: Capture territory but can't fire main gun

In my opinion it would be nice to see blitz be in line with these not a far outlier.
7 Feb 2014, 18:45 PM

It cost munitions.... Others don't. And I have been guilty in posting in those threads to but no real cries of NERf NERF! I Believe the balance isn't to bad right now (exceptions tiger ace and 1 cp guards. Sov windustry doesn't seem to bad anymore) and shouldn't be tinkered with to much. But blitz... Really?? Never even crossed my mind and I play me some soviets.
7 Feb 2014, 18:51 PM

It cost munitions.... Others don't. And I have been guilty in posting in those threads to but no real cries of NERf NERF! I Believe the balance isn't to bad right now (exceptions tiger ace and 1 cp guards. Sov windustry doesn't seem to bad anymore) and shouldn't be tinkered with to much. But blitz... Really?? Never even crossed my mind and I play me some soviets.

I tend to agree with you I post occasionally but try to stay away from blindley screaming nerf. I also think that in general the balance is pretty good right now (with the exception of tiger ace and opel blitz in anything larger than 1v1s)
7 Feb 2014, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2014, 08:45 AMWiFiDi
maybe make the engine slow down temporarily after using it, like fire up.

+1
7 Feb 2014, 20:50 PM

WTF!!!!!!!!!! Just AT nade the Panzer or button it with guards and problem solved!! No more cry, you want the soviets even MORE easy mode? Nerf the blitzkrieg ability..sounds like someone in a good match raped you, but thats all, just 1 match of the 5000 you can play...
7 Feb 2014, 21:23 PM

WTF!!!!!!!!!! Just AT nade the Panzer or button it with guards and problem solved!! No more cry, you want the soviets even MORE easy mode? Nerf the blitzkrieg ability..sounds like someone in a good match raped you, but thats all, just 1 match of the 5000 you can play...

Try play Soviets, before you advise someone how play them. At least once.
Kronosaur0s
7 Feb 2014, 21:41 PM

Ram is not free, since you will lose tank that costs a lot of manpower and fuel in attempt to kill tank that costs more. Well, against most decent players anyway. Or opponent might evade ram, and you just lost yourself a lot of manpower and fuel with nothing to show for.

You make it sound as if T34 comes away without a scratch after using ram ability.

Scope has count down timer, so once its up SU85 is very vulnerable to counter attack from which it cannot really escape. Like blitzckrieg ability for example

+1
7 Feb 2014, 21:42 PM

Ram is not free, since you will lose tank that costs a lot of manpower and fuel in attempt to kill tank that costs more. Well, against most decent players anyway. Or opponent might evade ram, and you just lost yourself a lot of manpower and fuel with nothing to show for.

You make it sound as if T34 comes away without a scratch after using ram ability.

Scope has count down timer, so once its up SU85 is very vulnerable to counter attack from which it cannot really escape. Like blitzckrieg ability for example

+1
7 Feb 2014, 21:42 PM

The personal attacks and conjectures aren't conducive to a discussion about balance Tristan44. Anyways, back on topic.

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2014, 07:19 AMENm!Ty
So on top of everything, this is all purely hypothetical?

I'm guessing you've played since beta, so you know that the T34 no longer causes a critical engine or gun damage every RAM and has a chance to only cause crew shock for a short duration since the August patch. The engine also overheats much faster in 2.5sec. If RAM fails, the engine overheats for half a minute, making it extremely vulnerable and unable to fight back.

To dig a another post up by another member of a forum: If a T-34 is hit by a Pfaust, the RAM stops dead; but if an AT grenade hits the Panther/Panzer Blitzkrieging, the ability's bonus modifiers remains active until the timer finishes, but can't be used until repaired. The same goes for buttoning, it doesn't cancel the ability, and the tank is free to blitzkrieg after the buttoning time finishes, or loses LOS, or is canceled from smoke. That's illogical, one tank receives a critical and loses the ability on the spot while the other receives a critical, but doesn't lose the ability instantly.

More German Doctrines have smoke than Soviet Doctrines have Guards, more chances of smoke as Germans than buttons as Soviets (another advantage). AT grens (and even Pfausts) have been balanced based on penetration and RNG (AT gren penetration 100, Pfaust penetration 140). I've seen AT grens bounce off vetted Panthers and Panzers, and my Pfausts doing little to a KV1. So an engine critical to either faction isn't guaranteed anymore since the August patch.

I haven't read any post providing a Con to using Blitzkrieg. The only Con I've seen was based on Player error and overconfidence, blitzkrieging their tank into a Soviet frontline of tanks and AT guns. It's essentially a "get out of jail free" card and can even outflank dedicated flanker units like the T34s. Every ability in the game is high risk, high reward. Even Recon planes are prone to AA attacks and can be shot down, resulting in muni wastage. Hunker down causes a tank unit to be immobile for a time, and can be flanked. "For the Motherland" increases combat effectiveness by 50% and runspeeds for all non-vehicle units for less about a minute, but receives a movement penalty after use. Blitzkrieg suffers none of that.
7 Feb 2014, 21:50 PM

Blitzkrieg is very strong ability and can save tank, or help in assault. But, i have no problem with them.
7 Feb 2014, 22:01 PM

I'd like to see it accelerate more and not going so fast.
C'mon guys, it's ridiculous how fast it's driving on top speed..
7 Feb 2014, 22:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Feb 2014, 21:23 PMAradan

Try play Soviets, before you advise someone how play them. At least once.
Kronosaur0s

I have no problem showing my only-german stats, in fact, my steam card is linked at the bottom of my precious Ka-50, if you were curious.
But crying for an ability that costs munition and is at Vet1, and can be countered by simply breaking the motor of the panzer is ridiculous.(At least that is what skilled soviets in 2v2 do to me)
8 Feb 2014, 02:41 AM
Patrion 27

How about making Blitzkrieg like Oorah! so you can't fire while on the move if it's active.
8 Feb 2014, 04:51 AM

My issues with BK is that it's a free "ATG? What ATG?" card that you can play to troll the hardcounter to tanks. You don't even need to have half-decent micro to DERP the nearest ATG. Can magic socks work? Yes. Will a half decent player kite them? Almost definitely. Guards? Right, I have them in my back pocket EVERY game, no matter the doctrine, hell, they spawn out of my Shock Troops asses like they're playing Battlefield. When you combine BK with Panzer-Get-Out-Of-Jail-Free-Card-ician, you end up with unkillable DERP Mark IVs and Panthers that just won't die. Overdrive was alright in vCoH because it was confined to the Cromwell, a tank with meh AT capability. When you give this shit to a Panther/Panzer IV that can troll anything, whether on legs or on treads, that's in front of it, it just gets silly. Do I have a nerf suggestion? No. But I personally don't ram anything unless it's a supertank or a Panther, and only when I have an ATG or at least two spare T-34s to back me up and actually kill whatever I rammed.

This "ermagerd, nurrrrrrrrrf" and "you're bad because you made a suggestion, kill yourself" BS is just childish. Grow up.

Make it reduce your fuel income like it did in vCoH (as did Overdrive).
8 Feb 2014, 06:13 AM

I have no problem showing my only-german stats, in fact, my steam card is linked at the bottom of my precious Ka-50, if you were curious.
But crying for an ability that costs munition and is at Vet1, and can be countered by simply breaking the motor of the panzer is ridiculous.(At least that is what skilled soviets in 2v2 do to me)

Your link steam card dont work.
Fight versus nascar panther is not as easy, as it seems.
And you have true, on this forum is many topic all about whine. Whine about every ability and unit in this game.

Soviets must mine roads. It work well and must repat lay another mine, after first explode.
8 Feb 2014, 06:33 AM

Counter argument to skilled Soviet players would be that skilled Ost players would build minesweepers to clear the road of mines for tanks. Mine's aren't the answers, nor AT grenades. They're just high risk, high reward tools (just fielded several Panthers last game and had ATGs bounce right off my Panther's frontal armor. Saving grace against the T34 rush as I blitzed away on Steppes from CP west of mid fuel all the way back to Base in 30sec). Even with those tools, they still don't address BK's ability still being active after buttoning and before engine crits.
8 Feb 2014, 12:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Feb 2014, 06:13 AMAradan

Your link steam card dont work.

Yes it does, click on the image and you will see my stats, at least works for me.

On topic: I agree with *How about making Blitzkrieg like Oorah! so you can't fire while on the move if it's active*, its a good one, In my opinion.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★