Login

russian armor

I don't understand why VPs exist in comp stomp.

2 Feb 2014, 21:28 PM

You had a feature in vCOH that made it really easy to find custom games. I dont understand why you are wasting time and resources with all these workarrounds.

Probably because of reasons they have explained on average once per month and these workarounds are:

-implemented only because community was bitching for them(and by community I mean like 10 persons who periodically recreate the thread about it)
-not used by these 'big fans of the mode' even thou they perfectly know about it and while the channels are not completely empty, they still aren't used
2 Feb 2014, 21:38 PM

Probably because of reasons they have explained on average once per month and these workarounds are:

-implemented only because community was bitching for them(and by community I mean like 10 persons who periodically recreate the thread about it)
-not used by these 'big fans of the mode' even thou they perfectly know about it and while the channels are not completely empty, they still aren't used

So the community is to blame that they failed to implement some of the most basic multiplayerfeatures, and that poor workarrounds arent working proprerly? Dosent sound quite right.
2 Feb 2014, 21:50 PM

So the community is to blame that they failed to implement some of the most basic multiplayerfeatures, and that poor workarrounds arent working proprerly? Dosent sound quite right.

I'm not saying who is to blame or not.
I'm saying that these half arsed workarounds exist only because of this vocal minority and aren't even used by them.

Remember that this wasn't even supposed to be in game in the first place.
Fans of lobbies of noob stomps conveniently always forget about that.
2 Feb 2014, 21:59 PM

I'm not saying who is to blame or not.
I'm saying that these half arsed workarounds exist only because of this vocal minority and aren't even used by them.

Remember that this wasn't even supposed to be in game in the first place.
Fans of lobbies of noob stomps conveniently always forget about that.

If they wanted to please the players that wanted lobbies they should make lobbies, not workarrounds that nobody uses. You can hardly blame the people that wanted lobbies for the failed workarrounds.

As you said, this lobbies wasnt supposed to be in the game in the first place, Noun and Relic just cleverly avoided clarifying this before they sold the game, and later "forgot" to clarify wether they would be included after release.
2 Feb 2014, 23:41 PM

Players not using a half-assed, unintuitive "feature" that does a poor job of what it's designed to do? Big surprise!

1. join chat
2. "does anyone want to play a comp stomp?"
3. invite

soo unintutive
2 Feb 2014, 23:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2014, 23:41 PMwooof

1. join chat
3. invite

soo unintutive

do people even use chat lobbies?
3 Feb 2014, 07:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Feb 2014, 23:41 PMwooof

1. join chat
3. invite

soo unintutive

You're missing a bunch of steps:

1. Join chat.
3a. Realize there is no one there in the chat rooms because no one uses it.
or
3b. Realize that no one is paying attention to chat because no one uses it.
or
3c. You hit the jackpot and managed to find 4 people who want to play a comp stomp!
4. Argue over the game settings like map, computer difficulty, starting positions, resources.
5. People leave because you all disagree on the comp stomp settings
6. ????

As opposed to public lobbies, something that every single multilayer RTS game has had since the dawn of time, something that a $60 sequel strangely lacks when its predecessor already had the feature:

1. Browse through a list of public lobbies
2. Join a lobby that is configured to your liking
3. Wait for other players that are looking for a game that is configured exactly or similarly to the lobby you're in.
4. Play game because everyone already agrees to the settings by joining the lobby???
3 Feb 2014, 07:59 AM
Patrion 14

Lobbies at not in game because they don't want to split up the player base to much between auto match an custom games. Making player base thin. However if a player wants to play a compstomp, I actually agree it could be needed since the ai has poor vp management. And when looking for compstomps I'm not sure there are many benefits using just automatch compared to a lobby game. That said, they might not want to have lobbies for one game mode and not the other since that in it self would cause an uproar.
3 Feb 2014, 10:52 AM

Like to exaggerate, do we?
If tousands have quit because of no annihilation automatch, then probably still millions play VP games.

nope... Thousands of posts, threads and complains to Relic. People asking for their money back, etc

VS

Katitiof's conspiracy theory of 10 people

Furthermore, most of COH2 players play skirmish and none of them couldn't care less that you feel better then them because you play 1v1; 2v2 or clarinet, I would presume.
Myself included
3 Feb 2014, 10:59 AM

Because despite what you may think, CoH1 Lobbies are another actually just as half-assed and deceptively unintuitive, and it also helped contribute to the downfall of that game.
3 Feb 2014, 11:04 AM

nope... Thousands of posts, threads and complains to Relic. People asking for their money back, etc

VS

Katitiof's conspiracy theory of 10 people

Furthermore, most of COH2 players play skirmish and none of them couldn't care less that you feel better then them because you play 1v1; 2v2 or clarinet, I would presume.
Myself included

Not to burst your little bubble there, but that have noting to do with what I've said.
Not to mention I have no idea where would you get what I "feel" like as there is absolutely nothing that would indicate it.

You might want to work on your reading comprehension and actually don't be so oversensitive.
3 Feb 2014, 11:15 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 10:59 AMTurtle
Because despite what you may think, CoH1 Lobbies are another actually just as half-assed and deceptively unintuitive, and it also helped contribute to the downfall of that game.

yup, that game died in like 6 months because to many casual players were stuck in lobbies waiting for a games to fill. As a result all hardcore fans quit playing COH because they couldn't stand waiting for 3 minutes for a 1v1 game.
Damn stupid casual players that would wait for 20-30 minutes to have a game mode they prefer. Whats even worse is that they could actually learn a thing or two by playing 1v1 automatch vs pro players, only if they were not so stupid and scared of playing vs my greatness.
Instead they just whinge and complain about noob mode and.... Wait what, Relic nerfed T70???? this games is shit. What were they thinking, everything is OP now. The game is UNPLAYABLE!!!!! Wake up relic
Thats what 'Pro' vs 'Casual' COH player debate sounds to me.......
3 Feb 2014, 11:24 AM

Not to burst your little bubble there, but that have noting to do with what I've said.
Not to mention I have no idea where would you get what I "feel" like as there is absolutely nothing that would indicate it.

You might want to work on your reading comprehension and actually don't be so oversensitive.

Really, how about 6 million posts on Relic.com where you argue endlessly with '10 people' who keep making new accounts, just to post crap about lobbies, custom games, etc.
And you keep explaining to them that "No one actually wants lobby, and that they were in fact same people making different accounts'

Anyway, I don't wanna argue with Nullist replacement about crap... Play what you want, think what you wish.

3 Feb 2014, 11:44 AM

Really, how about 6 million posts on Relic.com where you argue endlessly with '10 people' who keep making new accounts, just to post crap about lobbies, custom games, etc.
And you keep explaining to them that "No one actually wants lobby, and that they were in fact same people making different accounts'

Anyway, I don't wanna argue with Nullist replacement about crap... Play what you want, think what you wish.

You're talking about the long thread that is now long dead?
Dig it up and skim through it, you'll notice same people over and over and over with some random one posters who were never to be seen again on forums.

Oh and you're the one saying about constant new accounts, not me.
I know grasping on reality is tough sometimes, but at least please be able to tell the difference between you and other people words.
3 Feb 2014, 11:51 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

I think it would be best if you just could search for annihilation in automatch. Lobbies in vcoh worked but often you would join games where one faction was filled with friends or you would get kicked for negative w/l ratio (which for some reason counted games against computers and such as well)
3 Feb 2014, 14:18 PM

I dont understand why everything must be about winning/competivness(thats automatch for insn't it?).
In life everything is about that, thats why some people (me and others) choose to play GAMES (you know games? not real life) to have FUN and not trying to be the best. I dont want to destroy my nervs because i have to micro like crazy to get a win!!! I want to have FUN. I want to see where my Arty-shells land so i can enjoy the grafics of the game. So everyone who wants to be competitive (to be a Pro) can kiss my A.. because i (and others) don't want to.
I want to have FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN.
And therefor give the Pros the Automatch and give the rest (as you pros say "the Noobs", because everybody who plays anything beyond 1v1 Automatch is a Noob as the "Pros" say) the Lobbys they want so EVERYBODY is happy. All the Games have Maybe i don't know, 2000-5000 Pros (depants on the Game) but the Noobs are more....
So i rest my Case.

I dont want that COH2 becomes only a "E-Sport-Game", i can be but it can be also a "Having Fun-Game".
3 Feb 2014, 14:52 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Feb 2014, 10:59 AMTurtle

Exacty how did it "contribute to the downfall of the game". The game still has impressive numbers for its age, especially considering all the problems shifting to steam has caused, an last time I played I had no problems getting a game running quite fast. Fact is, a lot of people enjoy setting up theire own games, deciding gametype and maps, and avoiding players that are certain to lagg. If you preffer not to be given those options, just play automatch and enjoy. How would others having fun hurt you?
3 Feb 2014, 16:33 PM

I dont understand why everything must be about winning/competivness(thats automatch for insn't it?).
In life everything is about that, thats why some people (me and others) choose to play GAMES (you know games? not real life) to have FUN and not trying to be the best. I dont want to destroy my nervs because i have to micro like crazy to get a win!!! I want to have FUN. I want to see where my Arty-shells land so i can enjoy the grafics of the game. So everyone who wants to be competitive (to be a Pro) can kiss my A.. because i (and others) don't want to.
I want to have FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNN.
And therefor give the Pros the Automatch and give the rest (as you pros say "the Noobs", because everybody who plays anything beyond 1v1 Automatch is a Noob as the "Pros" say) the Lobbys they want so EVERYBODY is happy. All the Games have Maybe i don't know, 2000-5000 Pros (depants on the Game) but the Noobs are more....
So i rest my Case.

I dont want that COH2 becomes only a "E-Sport-Game", i can be but it can be also a "Having Fun-Game".

Come on.. you can't be that naive.

The reason why lobby games are the pits is because it gives the hosting players the ability to choose their opponents, and they're looking for easy pickings. So really you're either looking to swindle some noobs to join a game so you can troll them or you're naive and you're setting yourself up for a big disappointment.

Once in a while you might get lucky and find a game where you get to build your pretty arty and watch the fireworks but you'll still have to swim through shit 90% of the time.
3 Feb 2014, 16:41 PM

"2v2 noob game, 2 stars/lvl30 max"

you join in, you see a team of 2 5 star players.

thats pretty much a sum up of lobbies and the purpose they existed in vCoH.

the only real balanced games were custom games with friends, but these don't need custom lobbies to play together in coh2.

So the question is-does the game need a feature that is all about noob stomping by experienced, but horrible/bad players?
3 Feb 2014, 17:03 PM

"2v2 noob game, 2 stars/lvl30 max"

you join in, you see a team of 2 5 star players.

thats pretty much a sum up of lobbies and the purpose they existed in vCoH.

the only real balanced games were custom games with friends, but these don't need custom lobbies to play together in coh2.

So the question is-does the game need a feature that is all about noob stomping by experienced, but horrible/bad players?

Simply put, youre wrong.

Those of us who actually play custom games through lobbies, and not just bitch about them, and want it back have had a lot of great and balanced games on the maps we favour and with the gametype we like. You may claim that the public lobbies was all about stomping noobs, but then you clearly did it wrong.

Lets look at the facts: Smurfing is gone and there is no visible stats, so reintroducing lobbies wouldnt satisfy those who wanted to troll noobs. On the other hand, you can "smurf" by joining and quitting automatch games, and you can have your friends on teamspeak and automatch together if you want easy wins.

Lobbies allowes people to play the maps they want, the gamemode they want, they can talk with the other players and do some basic planning and you can filter out the players that would make the game lagg. Sounds like a great deal to me.

And if you dont like lobbies there is an extremely easy solution: Keep playing automatch. How would others having fun hurt you?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 42
unknown 39
Germany 15
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L