Login

russian armor

SNF Tiger Ace news

27 Jan 2014, 16:24 PM

^
Maybe they'll make it so you can buy more than one Tiger Ace per game? That could happen.

Suure they'll go that route.

After all they had training camps for tiger aces so they could afford to loose and replace them instantly.
27 Jan 2014, 16:53 PM

The power of the Tiger Ace should be its abilities, not its magic damage output and its stupid defense.

I stand for an ordinary vet 3 Tiger with a couple of good abilities, like self repair, target weak point, etc.
27 Jan 2014, 17:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2014, 16:53 PMGreeb
The power of the Tiger Ace should be its abilities, not its magic damage output and its stupid defense.

I stand for an ordinary vet 3 Tiger with a couple of good abilities, like self repair, target weak point, etc.

Yeah,so the tiger can stun su's and t34's,smoke and blitz away with its engine damaged and repair itself. come on..
27 Jan 2014, 17:22 PM

Yeah,so the tiger can stun su's and t34's,smoke and blitz away with its engine damaged and repair itself. come on..

I'd still take that over indestructible behemoth that 2 shoots all your armor and AT guns.
27 Jan 2014, 17:34 PM

Nerfing way too hard on this. I don't even think its going to be worth it as an Axis player anymore.
27 Jan 2014, 17:41 PM

Nerfing way too hard on this. I don't even think its going to be worth it as an Axis player anymore.

Well that's the point isn't it?

I'm sure there is a new DLC in the wings that'll be the next OP must have - all for the bargain price of $3.99.

Its as sure as sun rises and sets - one OP DLC is released and then nerfed as the next OP DLC is released....Just like how many Soviet Industry Commanders do you see being used these days?
27 Jan 2014, 17:51 PM

Well that's the point isn't it?

I'm sure there is a new DLC in the wings that'll be the next OP must have - all for the bargain price of $3.99.

Its as sure as sun rises and sets - one OP DLC is released and then nerfed as the next OP DLC is released....Just like how many Soviet Industry Commanders do you see being used these days?

True. Relic, if you're going to nerf it this bad just give us a normal tiger with normal cost at its normal CP and be done with it. Fucking it up twice is just going to piss everyone off.
27 Jan 2014, 17:55 PM

True. Relic, if you're going to nerf it this bad just give us a normal tiger with normal cost at its normal CP and be done with it. Fucking it up twice is just going to piss everyone off.

I rather unit be nerfed to to an underpowered state and then buffed till it's effective rather then having an blatently overpowered unit. Underpowered units don't ruin games.
27 Jan 2014, 17:57 PM

It will be, because it will not stop income completely anymore.
Just put a penalty on mp and stop fuel income.
This will end as soon as TA dies.

The point is to have all doctrines equally viable and powerful, just because it have 'elite' in the name doesn't make it an exception.
27 Jan 2014, 18:00 PM

Lose a Tiger Ace, and then the ability/penalties recharges if you spend 800 MP again. So you have 1 tiger ace max at any time during the game.

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2014, 16:24 PMKatitof

Suure they'll go that route.

After all they had training camps for tiger aces so they could afford to loose and replace them instantly.

This game was always loose on history.
27 Jan 2014, 18:02 PM

Lose a Tiger Ace, and then the ability/penalties recharges if you spend 800 MP again. So you have 1 tiger ace max at any time during the game.

This game was always loose on history.

King Tiger was only one.
Jadgpanther was only one.
TA is and will be only one.
27 Jan 2014, 18:04 PM

I rather unit be nerfed to to an underpowered state and then buffed till it's effective rather then having an blatently overpowered unit. Underpowered units don't ruin games.

Oh I feel your pain as I like to play both factions and dread seeing that Commander as you know it's going to come, but as far as OP DLC was concerned that was arguably the best going - G43's, Insta Vet and then the god mode Tiger - I've never lost a game when I used that DLC for that weekend, even managed to turn a 300-20 VP match around and hold out thanks to that one unit.

Its the epitome of OP.

Granted the next round of DLC will be equally troublesome I'm assuming....
27 Jan 2014, 18:21 PM

The unit needs a nerf, no denying that, but if its underpowered it simply won't be used anymore and there goes the heavy armour support for that doctrine - it will ruin games for axis players going up against IS2s.

Nerf away, but avoid the knee jerk reaction brought on by soviet bitterness. Be smart about it.
27 Jan 2014, 18:36 PM

^
The only thing I get elite troops doctrine for is the Tiger Ace. Smoke, and G43s are very good but not essential.

I don't buy veterancy- I think it's a waste of fuel outside of using it on the Brummbar or Panther. I usually buy zero veterancy and just divert the fuel for replacement tanks or new tanks.

If the Tiger Ace is nerfed to the point where it's more expensive than a regular Tiger, then I won't use this doctrine anymore.
27 Jan 2014, 18:39 PM

The unit needs a nerf, no denying that, but if its underpowered it simply won't be used anymore and there goes the heavy armour support for that doctrine - it will ruin games for axis players going up against IS2s.

Nerf away, but avoid the knee jerk reaction brought on by soviet bitterness. Be smart about it.

I'm just saying, from a balancing process standpoint, it's much better to shoot low then to keep a unit op and exploitable. If a unit is too weak then it just doesn't get used and doesn't effect as much. When a unit is op it becomes heavely used and effects the entire game. Remember guards motor was a heavely used doctrine even when the T34-85s were broken.
27 Jan 2014, 18:41 PM

A normal tiger is more than enough to take on an IS-2.
27 Jan 2014, 18:41 PM

This is why Im done with coh2. I'm tired of the doctrine of cutting the balls off units and abilities, and then buff them back up to mediocrity.
27 Jan 2014, 18:42 PM

This is why Im done with coh2. I'm tired of the doctrine of cutting the balls off units and abilities, and then buff them back up to mediocrity.

You would rather have OP P2W commanders and uber units that can swing around games and give undeserved wins?
27 Jan 2014, 18:48 PM

You would rather have OP P2W commanders and uber units that can swing around games and give undeserved wins?

I think we'd all rather the way Doctrines were in COH rather than the cash cow DLC route that COH2 has chosen to pursue.
27 Jan 2014, 18:50 PM

Well you are asking the wrong person, because I find coh2 boring as fu#@. Coho online had so many ridiculous op strats/abilities/units but it was loads of fun and most op things could be balanced out in the meta due to having so many options to craft your army. Coh2 has barely any real options and anything deemed to be op, or even moderately too good gets the balls cut off it. This seems double for the German side as german units tend to get nerfed into uselessness, then only after an uproar gets buffed to mediocrity.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 4
Korea, Republic Of 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment