Login

russian armor

For Mother Russia

22 Jan 2014, 08:26 AM
Patrion 15

Does anyone find the usefulness of this ability limited by the 2nd (negative) part of the ability?

I am confused on when I should be using this ability, because offensively any progress you make is negated by the fact that your units are too sluggish to really do anything after forcing your opponent off. I could see it being useful if it was cheaper and only affected units within a certain area, that way others could come along and cap behind your fatigued units. This makes much more sense thematically for the "counter attack" commander. I feel like this ability is either underused or misunderstood, can anyone clarify which situations it is best used in?
22 Jan 2014, 09:00 AM

I used it sometimes in 2vs2. Combined with shock troops it can do a lot of damage in a very short time even before it retreat. And your friend can compensated the negative effect phase But even in 1vs1, if you have done damage, even if you have to back after, you have take an advantage during the figth that can be used after (more troups, veterancy, etc....)

The most important thing is the speed bonus. Go in close combat at full speed. Stop for better accuracy. Kill everything around. Easy.

It can also force a fortified position. Or help to kill PAK quickly. No infantry can stop ST during mother russia bonus. (A build order something like C/C/C/ST/ST/ST can work well.)

Even conscripts, maxim, ziz can benefit a lot of the bonus. If the combat zone is very concentrate, it give you the advantage.

Of course you MUST NOT FIGTH during the negative part.

22 Jan 2014, 18:20 PM

This is a good idea for a thread. For motherland is good in theory but the execution of it is troubled IME. Personally, I've found the German 'tactical movement' to be more useful, but both abilities are not that useful. In any event, for the motherland is only good for swarming german infantry blobs which isn't always there. One still needs to worry about german tanks.

I tend to retreat penalty units if I get attacked.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 1
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment