Login

russian armor

German vet ability(Ace Tiger)

19 Jan 2014, 00:38 AM

So I hear a lot of people are not happy how this ability works. Some say its too cheap, others vet3 units like grens come to early etc... Anyway I came with new idea of how this could be solved, at least the way I see it.

Here it is:

The ability cost 50MP and 30F and gives you 1920xp(correct me if I am wrong here). Some cheap units will get to vet3, when the more expensive late game units will take more than one use to vet.

My solution is:

Keep the same price 50MP & 30F but change the xp to boost percent xp. For example you want to vet your gren squad, so your gren will not become instantly vet3 but get lets say 35% more xp per kill/dmg. This way you will still get your vet unit faster if you can keep it alive and soviet wont have to deal with vet3 unit right of the bat.

Looks like this 50MP 30F 35% boost xp gain.

Please keep it clean and dont troll.

Thanks, and let me know what you think guys.
19 Jan 2014, 00:53 AM

I'd say the ability is OK as it is now. You can deal with some early vet infantry. What you can't deal with is things like panthers getting cheap huge vet bonuses. Even more so in team games where 1 elite player could instantly give other players heavy tanks huge cheap XP bonuses.
19 Jan 2014, 01:05 AM
Donator 33

If giving knowledge ( VET )could happen in real life, schools would not exist! But yeah infantry vet early game doesnt usually have a big impact, since they will invest 20 fuel in to it, delaying them quite much in the early game
19 Jan 2014, 01:29 AM

I am not just talking about infantry but all the units. That gren was just example.
19 Jan 2014, 03:49 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Isnt it 55mp 20 fuel ?
If that was feasible to do, i´ll like it. Also, i dont think that you should be able to vet teammates.

If it´s not possible, what about a: 100MP - 20 fuel, 1100-1300XP
I think it will vet2/3 for 240mp units and wont be able to insta vet1 P4 (i think it would barely make a Stug vet1).
19 Jan 2014, 13:40 PM

There should be no buy able Vet ability in this game at all.
Maybe transform it to 10% gain experience increase like you get with some bulletins?
19 Jan 2014, 18:01 PM

I dont mind buyable vet for reasons noted above. But i dont think you should have it until 8cps or so and it shouldnt be used on a team mate thats just lame.

After all the vet wasnt too much of a problem and it didnt come so early.
19 Jan 2014, 18:28 PM

I don`t like the fact that in team games people spam this ability to farm their tanks to vet2/3 which means boring gameplay of passive camping -> steamroll. Imho the ability should be either limited to a single use per unit or should give diminishing bonuses when used repeatedly on the same unit.

I don`t mind the fact that it can be used on teammates` units as it promotes teamplay and cooperation.

As for the price, yeah it may be a bit too cheap atm.
19 Jan 2014, 18:53 PM

I like the idea of a massive CP change. That way it won't break the early game but act as an ability to replace lost veterancy by squad wipes. Also the recharge time should be massively increased to prevent spamming the ability and force players to think about wich unit to vet up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★