Login

russian armor

Call in Quality disparity between factions

18 Jan 2014, 14:47 PM

After days of fighting off guards kv2 Isu 152's, shocks- kv8's- IS2's(in the same game even), I had to double check to see if ostheer was missing some kick ass call in doctrine.

Except for the tiger ace, all of Ostheer call ins/docs are lackluster. Even the elefant was non doctrinal till they moved it to a doc only. Why are all ostheer docs filled with lackluster weaksauce.

Grens in a useless half trak for the same cost of what it would cost to buy a half trak(thats better) and grens. Stuge? Ostruppen!!. The Tiger..meh The tiger is ok but for the price thats comparable to Soviets heavies it way under-performs. Assgrens are ok but after t2 become obsolete, especially with the new fascination with shock spam.

Some soviet docs have 3 kick ass call ins, while Germans only ever have one, and then any call ins in the doc feels like it was just randomly thrown in. I mean cmon, grens in a half trak, thats a call in? really? Grens with a anti tank rifle maybe but a half trak?PAANZERGRENS IN A HALF TRAK? How creative...... How about a call in inf unit that is resistant to kv8s, donning a experimental flame retardant combat suit.

Im also pointing at you community created doctrine creators. I mean you had the chance to bring the heat and we get tank traps...that don't trap tanks.... sigh....
18 Jan 2014, 15:42 PM

Im also pointing at you community created doctrine creators. I mean you had the chance to bring the heat and we get tank traps...that don't trap tanks.... sigh....

^This.
18 Jan 2014, 15:49 PM

The factions in this game were designed in this way.
Soviet rely on very potent call in units while Germans have solid base of core units while their call ins are more utility based. You don't need fancy off map units because what you can build from your base is more than enough to do the job! Every Soviet call in can be countered by them. Maybe it won't be a hard counter but it wouldn't be trying to take out a tank with a stick.

Seriously I have been playing nothing but Germans since the recent patch and the amount of bias you get these days is just enormous. Why don't you guys just stop play 3v3 all the time and try to play 1v1 instead and get some skill?
When I read statements like: "Tigers are worthless", "No point of getting a Panther, they're useless", "Brummbar is crap" it just buggers my mind.

Recent Shock cry when you only need a correctly used MG42 to control them and deny their presence is a great example. I mean it was hard to adapt at the beginning but after a while it turns out it's possible and I can see more and more people on this forum saying they don't have problems with Shocks anymore. Maybe it's not the game but something you do?
And in the end if you really can't beat anyone and everything else failed then just use the bloody Tiger Ace or Soviet Industry and just exploit them (this is a rubbish advice, I know, please don't do it).
18 Jan 2014, 16:17 PM

Agree with both of you. German call ins are just support units. But the Tiger is great.

But as Iz stated there is nothing thay cant be built non doctrine that cant beat the call ins.

Shock spam is annoying until you get good at leap frogging double MGs. Then its a lol retreat fest.
20 Jan 2014, 19:34 PM
Patrion 14

Soviet rely on very potent call in units while Germans have solid base of core units while their call ins are more utility based. You don't need fancy off map units because what you can build from your base is more than enough to do the job! Every Soviet call in can be countered by them. Maybe it won't be a hard counter but it wouldn't be trying to take out a tank with a stick.

Seriously I have been playing nothing but Germans since the recent patch and the amount of bias you get these days is just enormous. Why don't you guys just stop play 3v3 all the time and try to play 1v1 instead and get some skill?
When I read statements like: "Tigers are worthless", "No point of getting a Panther, they're useless", "Brummbar is crap" it just buggers my mind.

Recent Shock cry when you only need a correctly used MG42 to control them and deny their presence is a great example. I mean it was hard to adapt at the beginning but after a while it turns out it's possible and I can see more and more people on this forum saying they don't have problems with Shocks anymore. Maybe it's not the game but something you do?
And in the end if you really can't beat anyone and everything else failed then just use the bloody Tiger Ace or Soviet Industry and just exploit them (this is a rubbish advice, I know, please don't do it).

+1

I think the great amount of call-ins soviet has can be both seen as a bliss or a burden.
20 Jan 2014, 20:14 PM

+1

If anything Tiger overperforms for its current price.
21 Jan 2014, 22:44 PM

Tiger is actually way too effective for its price.
21 Jan 2014, 23:05 PM

+1

And whoever said the tiger is garbage must be doing something wrong. It is probably the single all around strongest call in in the game when looking at cost vs surviveability, and DMG both at and ai (I'm not counting the tiger ace because it shouldn't exist)
21 Jan 2014, 23:58 PM

My original post said the tiger is ok, the last poster is arguing against the fictional statement "the tiger is garbage". Besides, the topic is on overall amount and quality of call ins, not the utility of the tiger. The tiger is a decent tank, but i'll take an isu 152 any day, but that's also beside the point. The main point is ost docs may have one decent call in, and all other call ins really have 0 shine to them. This may change in future docs, but the pattern for ost seems to be ONE unit to make the whole doc purposeful as opposed to Sov docs, where there are up to 3 call ins, all which can make their presence felt on the battlefield.
7 Feb 2014, 23:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Jan 2014, 22:44 PMlink0
Tiger is actually way too effective for its price.

The amount of misses is just ridiculous, last games I have played it missed 4 times, 5 times in a row. You can't rely on your units, it's not stable enough.
8 Feb 2014, 00:02 AM

The Tiger tank, in my experience, kills or retreats a soviet infantry squad in 4-6 shots.

The IS-2 does the same in 2 shots. However, the tiger fires 1.5 times as fast.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★