Login

russian armor

Why is IS2 so godly, and tiger is so shitty?

10 Jan 2014, 10:58 AM

Why do people always consider tanks going head to head, when this almost never happens on the battlefield? There are other units on the field?

And I agree with Barton, Tiger is a shitty tank and definetly not a shock unit.

And with this, I think it is possible to say that T4 does work in 1v1. Knowing this I would actually rather tech, build T4 and make a Panther than wait for 720 MP (?) to trinkle into my bank.

I think gradually spending MP and Fuel (in this case) with teching is safer than saving up for a tiger that really isnt that good. And then you have a Panther! :)

If you manage to tech to t4 before an IS2 comes out you are in a really good position. That is also because you know he had to really commit the MP and Fuel to get it out.
10 Jan 2014, 11:10 AM

Tiger beats IS-2 1 on 1 almost every time as stated above many times.
10 Jan 2014, 11:58 AM

Agree with esky bro<3 its a shame to open a thread like this.
The IS-2 is more AI than AT for 240 and 760 mp it is realy weak. Lost last match my is-2 vet 2 against 2 stugs which penetrated all The time in front armour. And This damn slow turret is The biggest shit! The is-2 had never in history so slowly turret like they show in This Game. The Tiger with his costs of 200 fuel will always ein against The is-2. Hoping for a big nerf soon.
10 Jan 2014, 12:09 PM

Hoping for a big nerf soon for IS-2 that is?

IS-2 is realy weak? That tank can one-shoot your grens/pgrens, beat paks head-on, beat german t3, only thing it struggles is Tiger and well microed Panther.

Tiger is good AT and bad AI. SU85 outrange it, guards can button it, conscript can at nade it (since tiger AI is bad), t34 can ram it.

If i see 2 tigers I just get zis/su85 + guards/scripts for stun, if i see double IS-2 i go "O shit there goes my infantry".
10 Jan 2014, 12:56 PM

Brummbar is awful.

The brumms anti inf is insane!? it oneshots zisguns frequently from what ive seen.
10 Jan 2014, 13:19 PM

i think im close to giving up on this forum, this forum is more pro german than pro balance. yes is2 1 shots paks and guards nade 1 shot grenadiers from time to time.

isu152 is a piece of shit that is pretty much anti all which i agree that its range and destructive capability is tad too high, shocktroopers are durable and difficult to dislodge, it is a problem when used enmassed.

people dont realise ost mortars are more consistent in hitting units and wiping, bundled nades have potential to squad wipe, same with rifle nades. brumbars are insane against infantry (not sure what you guys are smoking). incendiary rounds makes weapon teams almost useless and comes on a 1cp unit, its like cheap version of incendiary barrage that soviet gets.

elefants denys tanks and impregnable from the front, while soviets have to FLANK WITH AT GUNS to damage elefants or lollygag with the ptrs for 10mins to do some damage? t34/85 shots bounce off tiger rear armour(WHAT). ost units have such huge dps that even retreating dont save units from getting wiped.

and all these because of what?

DEUTSCHLAND STAHL > STALIN
10 Jan 2014, 13:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 13:19 PMwongtp
i think im close to giving up on this forum, this forum is more pro german than pro balance. yes is2 1 shots paks and guards nade 1 shot grenadiers from time to time.

isu152 is a piece of shit that is pretty much anti all which i agree that its range and destructive capability is tad too high, shocktroopers are durable and difficult to dislodge, it is a problem when used enmassed.

people dont realise ost mortars are more consistent in hitting units and wiping, bundled nades have potential to squad wipe, same with rifle nades. brumbars are insane against infantry (not sure what you guys are smoking). incendiary rounds makes weapon teams almost useless and comes on a 1cp unit, its like cheap version of incendiary barrage that soviet gets.

elefants denys tanks and impregnable from the front, while soviets have to FLANK WITH AT GUNS to damage elefants or lollygag with the ptrs for 10mins to do some damage? t34/85 shots bounce off tiger rear armour(WHAT). ost units have such huge dps that even retreating dont save units from getting wiped.

and all these because of what?

DEUTSCHLAND STAHL > STALIN

Lul Wut. Stalin Wood > Kruppstahl
10 Jan 2014, 13:40 PM

Tiger usually wins against IS-2 from front that is true, but RNG plays a lot of roles in this. Crew shocks are important.

I agree with slother, when I see IS-2's I get very nervous. When I see a tiger I say better get a zis or a single squad with a single shrek.

I am also wondering now why do go with panthers instead of Tigers. I have been trying them out quite a bit, and I agree for what they do panthers are just better.

@wongtp if you don't want to be here go. The forum is here for discussion even if that means you don't like the discussion.
10 Jan 2014, 13:52 PM

ZiS against Tiger?
They are scratching the paint rather than doing damage up front. Half of the shots don't penetrate.
10 Jan 2014, 13:57 PM

ZiS against Tiger?
They are scratching the paint rather than doing damage up front. Half of the shots don't penetrate.

My point was when I see a Tiger I need to supplement my AT not create a new army. When I see an IS-2 I need to immediately figure out how to create an ad hoc group to take it on, with no less then 3 dedicated AT units and two AI units. Or if I think I have time to build a new detachment to take it on.

Also high vet zis (which will get there quickly with hits to a Tiger) is nothing to sneeze at. They are deadly, and in some cases can even cloak.
10 Jan 2014, 14:04 PM

10 Jan 2014, 14:10 PM

And do people even consider the blitz + smoke for Tiger vs Secure sector for IS-2? Tbh, secure sector is one of the most useless ability in the game whereas blitz...
10 Jan 2014, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 12:56 PMMackie

The brumms anti inf is insane!? it oneshots zisguns frequently from what ive seen.

Panzerwerfer also does that and is much cheaper.
10 Jan 2014, 14:34 PM

brumbar one-shoting zis gun? probably, but only if crew bunch up or weapon itself is damaged.

One panzerwerfer killing full health zis? Nope, maybe two but not always.

And not every doctrine have tiger and smoke, then again it lately got nerfed to 40muni with muni starved faction like ostheer u wont see it spamming both abilities at the same time.

I am also wondering now why do go with panthers instead of Tigers. I have been trying them out quite a bit, and I agree for what they do panthers are just better.

IS-2 will hit field before u get Panther + Tiger has better AI. And its safer to go tier3 and then if needed call the Tiger.
10 Jan 2014, 15:11 PM

If the anti vehicle tank (Tiger) goes head to head with the anti Infantry tank (IS2) it barely wins. Thats just silly imo.
10 Jan 2014, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 14:34 PMslother
brumbar one-shoting zis gun? probably, but only if crew bunch up or weapon itself is damaged.

Lol, I just watched an SNF that had the Relic developer on it. I think it was Barton against someone on Semois. Barton built a Brumbar and Ami got all pumped, you know how he gets. There was this big build up to it's first shot and then it killed like 1 member on a Zis squad and then there was this awkward silence, lmao. It was hilarious. Might have to find that clip.
10 Jan 2014, 16:50 PM

Lol, I just watched an SNF that had the Relic developer on it. I think it was Barton against someone on Semois. Barton built a Brumbar and Ami got all pumped, you know how he gets. There was this big build up to it's first shot and then it killed like 1 member on a Zis squad and then there was this awkward silence, lmao. It was hilarious. Might have to find that clip.

You have to use the attack ground just to the left or right and slightly behind the gun shield, the auto-aim has a nasty habit of aiming for that one guy that is way far away from the rest of the squad, it's annoying as hell.
10 Jan 2014, 17:49 PM

The 1v1 match vs a tiger and IS2 is heavily RNG dependent. Sometimes the IS2 will get multiple crew shocks in a row forcing a tiger to run, sometimes it will get none. Ive seen tigers stand up to 2 IS2 and vica versa. Its kind of stupid and random. But I think stats wise the Tiger wins.

I agree the IS2 is a damn good all purpose tank. Wipes infantry clean off the map all over the place. There is no amount of micro that can prevent squads from not bunching, that's just a fail of the AI.

But none of these tanks needs buff/nerfs. PLEASE
10 Jan 2014, 18:29 PM

The Tiger definitely needs a buff for cost. I would recommend a range buff.
10 Jan 2014, 18:41 PM

All tanks should lose native crew shocks, except maybe 152 and brumbar. Heavy tank battles decided by rare events is stupid.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★