Login

russian armor

Why is IS2 so godly, and tiger is so shitty?

10 Jan 2014, 04:18 AM

First, I am not talking about the OP Ace one, and Relic should not buff IS2 to insane level because of the Ace.

Tiger should be fearsome, but now it's performance is just like a fatter overpriced panzer 4, without decent penetration and splash damage, slow firing and slow maneuvering. Stalin infantry can even dance in front of it.

IS2 can now one shot squad wipe, one shot killing PAK, that's not reasonable. Even the Tiger Ace cannot do that.
10 Jan 2014, 04:47 AM

Well, for starters the IS-2 has a 122mm gun with HE rounds, while the tiger has an 88mm gun with HE rounds (I believe). That explains the squad wipe ability of the IS-2. I'm not totally familiar with the penetration tables but I think the the Tiger should penetrate every tank the Russians have nearly 100% of the time aside from the front armor on the IS-2.

IS-2 vs Tiger is pretty evenly matched from my experience, with who has better tank micro being the victor (IE stuttering your tank for each shot)with a bit of RNG.

If you're looking to 1 shot Russian squads go for the sturmpanzer IV, thing is awesome.
10 Jan 2014, 05:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 04:47 AMWilliG
Well, for starters the IS-2 has a 122mm gun with HE rounds, while the tiger has an 88mm gun with HE rounds (I believe). That explains the squad wipe ability of the IS-2. I'm not totally familiar with the penetration tables but I think the the Tiger should penetrate every tank the Russians have nearly 100% of the time aside from the front armor on the IS-2.

IS-2 vs Tiger is pretty evenly matched from my experience, with who has better tank micro being the victor (IE stuttering your tank for each shot)with a bit of RNG.

If you're looking to 1 shot Russian squads go for the sturmpanzer IV, thing is awesome.

First, I just watched a shoutcast from propagandacast, showing 2 Tigers facing a single IS2, need to run away.

Second, who cares reality.

Third, brumbar Strumpanzer IV never do squad wipe, their anti infantry ability is even worse than Ostwind.
10 Jan 2014, 05:30 AM

The Tiger costs 200 fuel and the IS-2 costs 240 fuel..... If you expect Relic to buff the Tiger, then make it 240 fuel and make it significantly better. Also you have to keep in mind that it's much easier to perform squad wipes with the IS-2 since Germans have 4 man squads.
10 Jan 2014, 05:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 05:00 AMPorygon

First, I just watched a shoutcast from propagandacast, showing 2 Tigers facing a single IS2, need to run away.

Second, who cares reality.

Third, brumbar Strumpanzer IV never do squad wipe, their anti infantry ability is even worse than Ostwind.

Brummbar is awful.
10 Jan 2014, 05:36 AM

I don't know if it's changed recently, but back before they disabled mods, I tried Tiger vs IS-2, and in a straight-up fight the Tiger won 3/3, coming out with anywhere from a sliver of health to half health.
10 Jan 2014, 05:37 AM

brummbar could use a 15% splash damage increase
10 Jan 2014, 05:40 AM

Stat wise, the Tiger has higher health and armour than the IS-2, but the IS-2 has higher penetration and damage than a Tiger.
10 Jan 2014, 06:53 AM

Tiger fires twice as fast as the IS-2. Tiger also has more health

Tiger vs Is-2 ... tiger will win all times.

try to get tiger to vet 2 if you can.. than the +10 range and massive accuracy buff kicks in..watch the tiger shred everything.

tip : in team games if one mate is elite troops.. he can vet the tiger upon spawn :)
10 Jan 2014, 07:00 AM

Why get a Tiger when you can get a Panther?

IMHO, a well-microed Panther is worth just as much, if not more, than a Tiger, plus it leaves doctrine choices open (I felt the same in vCoH, except for the part where a Tiger is badass as all hell and had that "oh s**t" factor).
10 Jan 2014, 07:02 AM

Tiger beat IS-2. Soviet infantry dont have AT power. I like IS-2 more AT and less AI.
10 Jan 2014, 07:04 AM

I believe the Tiger beats the IS-2 in 1on1 very slightly. IS-2 is undoubtably better against infantry though. If anything, the Tiger is OP because it's significantly cheaper.
10 Jan 2014, 08:01 AM

This thread is so fail. Everyone knows the tiger owns the Is-2 1vs1...other circumstances not withstanding. The Is-2 is godly as an all purpose tank, destroying infnatry so hard, but is usually easily countered by german heavies. If anything, I think the IS-2 needs a buff vs. the big cats headon.

AiR's Tiger Armee here vs. several IS-2s, note the vet 3 IS-2 was nearly helpless 1vs1 with a unvetteed and damaged tiger iirc. http://www.coh2.org/replays/12355/heavy-tank-battle-of-the-year-mvgame
10 Jan 2014, 09:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 08:01 AMEsky
This thread is so fail. Everyone knows the tiger owns the Is-2 1vs1...other circumstances not withstanding. The Is-2 is godly as an all purpose tank, destroying infnatry so hard, but is usually easily countered by german heavies. If anything, I think the IS-2 needs a buff vs. the big cats headon.

AiR's Tiger Armee here vs. several IS-2s, note the vet 3 IS-2 was nearly helpless 1vs1 with a unvetteed and damaged tiger iirc. http://www.coh2.org/replays/12355/heavy-tank-battle-of-the-year-mvgame

R

N

G
10 Jan 2014, 09:20 AM

I think the duel comes down to whichever causes more crewshocks. IS-2 tends to do that quite a lot.
10 Jan 2014, 09:28 AM

IS-2 wiped full squads because grens are very close to each other and one shot usually kills at least 2 grens.

Tiger is full shitty tank, when it hits the field i don't fell it's a game changer

And sturmpanzer can also wipe squad if cons are close to each other, for example in some hole with yellow cover
10 Jan 2014, 09:39 AM

The problem with Tiger vs. IS 2 skirmish is that the russian player almost always has a Zis gun (or 2) ready to battle the Tiger because thats his only AT until he waits for the IS2.

PZG shrecks can only get a shot or two in and after that you risk losing your shreck squad to the enemey and thats almost gg that late in the game.

What I like to do is go T4 if I feel the IS 2 is coming. Panthers do really well against IS2s because you can do a lot of damage faster and you are also able to flank the Russian beast. I almost never kill an IS2 in one battle, but because you can repair your Panther relativly faster you can always put pressure on that IS2.

In the best case scenario you also have Tactical smoke to protect your Panthers.

It can be done with paks, stugs (with Vet1 stun ability) and shrecks, but that takes more micro and I dont really like Pak guns, too easy to decrew, especially with shocks on the field... or KV8 lol
10 Jan 2014, 09:42 AM

The Brummbar definately does not need to do more damage.

I guess those complaining about he Brumm are doing so because they use it for anti-tank purposes...
10 Jan 2014, 10:03 AM

The Brummbar definately does not need to do more damage.

I guess those complaining about he Brumm are doing so because they use it for anti-tank purposes...

LuL. Brummbar is so fail if the enemy has any clue what "micro" means....turretless inf killer so easy to avoid, get a crit on it and it's near useless, and it doesn't instagib or wipe half of a squad near as much as practically every peice of russian armour.
10 Jan 2014, 10:24 AM

A tiger vs a IS-2 usually ends with the tiger winning . if the is-2 wins you where unlucky. Of all the german tanks i feel that the tiger is best AI tank out their safe for the ostwind. High ROF and mg42 allows it to shew through the larger soviets squads. if your looking for an unit that can one shot a soviet squad then you will not find it ostheer arsenal.

@Volsky

I agree panthers are awesome AT tanks but current meta doesn't support them in 1 vs 1 battles. indeed its practical suicide ot go tier 4 these days.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
Germany 24
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 48

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %