Login

russian armor

Why is IS2 so godly, and tiger is so shitty?

10 Jan 2014, 19:07 PM

The Tiger definitely needs a buff for cost. I would recommend a range buff.

No, it doesn't. It's fine as it is right now.
10 Jan 2014, 19:13 PM

The Tiger definitely needs a buff for cost. I would recommend a range buff.

Really don't think so. Or what do you think of two t34/85 for 240 fuel? Tiger can beat both with no problems and is cheaper.
10 Jan 2014, 20:05 PM

If anything, the Tiger needs to be more expensive.

AT guns are quite good right now, they have the highest penetration values of any weapon in the game and are fairly cheap in this patch.
10 Jan 2014, 22:32 PM

To share my piece of experience (although I play compstomp mainly, therefore can't really comment on micro though)

If you want to thoroughly test the Tiger vs IS-2, then play the German Kharkov divide mission from the latest ToW on General, you'll face 2 unvetted and 2 vetted IS-2s. Played that about 3-4 times now (just for the bulletins) and never lost a Tiger to a IS-2 (if both were full health and the same vet lvl of course). In my opinion Tiger is ok as it is now, perhaps a tiny bit more of AT damage and bit better range at most. If I'm not mistaken Panther has somewhat higher penetration (and or AT damage?) due to its better gun but it's very very bad against infantry for that matter. I would choose the Tiger over the Panther any time.

About Brummbär, I think this unit is underestimated, it shreds enemy infantry, has decent armor, can take on a T-34/76, has crew shock... Yeah, its weaknesses are that it's a casemate tank and a long reload time, apart from that I think it's a fantastic AI tank :)
10 Jan 2014, 22:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 22:32 PMLutzow
To share my piece of experience (although I play compstomp mainly, therefore can't really comment on micro though)

If you want to thoroughly test the Tiger vs IS-2, then play the German Kharkov divide mission from the latest ToW on General, you'll face 2 unvetted and 2 vetted IS-2s. Played that about 3-4 times now (just for the bulletins) and never lost a Tiger to a IS-2 (if both were full health and the same vet lvl of course). In my opinion Tiger is ok as it is now, perhaps a tiny bit more of AT damage and bit better range at most. If I'm not mistaken Panther has somewhat higher penetration (and or AT damage?) due to its better gun but it's very very bad against infantry for that matter. I would choose the Tiger over the Panther any time.

About Brummbär, I think this unit is underestimated, it shreds enemy infantry, has decent armor, can take on a T-34/76, has crew shock... Yeah, its weaknesses are that it's a casemate tank and a long reload time, apart from that I think it's a fantastic AI tank :)

Pretty sure TOW tiger is not multiplayer tiger. Not just because of the abilities, but also because TOW tiger uses old vet system. So two are unfortunately not comparable.

Brumbar is fine vs. comp, but is incredibly underwhelming vs. humans.
11 Jan 2014, 01:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 12:09 PMslother
Hoping for a big nerf soon for IS-2 that is?

IS-2 is realy weak? That tank can one-shoot your grens/pgrens, beat paks head-on, beat german t3, only thing it struggles is Tiger and well microed Panther.

Tiger is good AT and bad AI. SU85 outrange it, guards can button it, conscript can at nade it (since tiger AI is bad), t34 can ram it.

If i see 2 tigers I just get zis/su85 + guards/scripts for stun, if i see double IS-2 i go "O shit there goes my infantry".

mean with "NERF" more AT dmg lesser AI dmg.
11 Jan 2014, 01:33 AM

Permanently Banned
Tiger in beta(april) was the best ^^
11 Jan 2014, 03:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2014, 01:33 AMakosi

I agree, if only Relic would reduce the pop cap of both Tiger and IS-2 but limit them to 1 tank only like vCOH, it will be perfect.
11 Jan 2014, 03:37 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 14:34 PMslother

And not every doctrine have tiger and smoke, then again it lately got nerfed to 40muni with muni starved faction like ostheer u wont see it spamming both abilities at the same time.

Smoke is mainly used to counter button which costs 40 muni and require a 60 muni upgrade, if Soviet goes shocks, before IS-2 hit the field, Tiger reigns supreme.
11 Jan 2014, 04:44 AM

a few patches ago the Tiger was nerfed. this was a mistake.
11 Jan 2014, 10:07 AM
Patrion 14

Just played a 3 v 3. We fielded 2 x IS-2 in the late game.

Enemy had some Panthers and a (sigh) Tiger Ace.

The first IS-2 got gibbed by a Teller / airstrike combo. It was literally screwed in five seconds. My IS-2 got hit by the Tiger and the Panther and was brewed up in a similar amount of time.

It was comedy gold for the Ost - 2 IS-2s destroyed in less than a minute.

The IS-2 isn't a win button. In fact, it's pretty situational and isn't a great 'breakthrough' tank in the way the Tiger can be.
11 Jan 2014, 10:33 AM

The only thing on the tiger that needs to be buffed is a slight speed increase.

It is sooooo slow its ridiculous like a lumbering whale wading through treacle.

You know as soon as it comes out it will be at naded and then watch it crawl.

Either buff the speed a little or reduce the chance of a at nade doing damage.

At this stage in the game soviet really should not be reliant on the at nade ability.

All it does is slow the thing down so it can be picked off by at gun, button and su85.
11 Jan 2014, 10:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2014, 01:33 AMakosi

While this is true you have to understand that the counters to the tiger back then where far more dangerous. t-34 usually could instantly disable your tiger with one ram su-85's could kite it to death. that is no longer possible in this current meta making tiger far more dangerous to the soviet player then they where in the past.
11 Jan 2014, 10:41 AM

ARGH double post
11 Jan 2014, 11:35 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2014, 10:33 AMr7Bashy
The only thing on the tiger that needs to be buffed is a slight speed increase.

It is sooooo slow its ridiculous like a lumbering whale wading through treacle.

Panzerkampfwagen IV (last version) : Road Speed :38 km/h
Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger : Road Speed : 38hm/h
Panzerkampfwagen V Panther : Road Speed : 55km/h

T-34/76 (1942 version) : Road Speed : 53 km/h
T-34/85 : Road Speed : 50km/h
SU-85 : Road Speed : 47 km/h
IS.2 : Road Speed : 37 km/h

Wiki source.

I know it's not an "Realistic game" blablaba... But this game is more and more corrupting the truth and the History. I will not talk about "lol" Blitzkrieg Ability, invincinble panther's front armor ; Also, no need to mention that IS.2 main gun was designed to deal with The Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger...

11 Jan 2014, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 08:01 AMEsky
This thread is so fail. Everyone knows the tiger owns the Is-2 1vs1...other circumstances not withstanding. The Is-2 is godly as an all purpose tank, destroying infnatry so hard, but is usually easily countered by german heavies. If anything, I think the IS-2 needs a buff vs. the big cats headon.

AiR's Tiger Armee here vs. several IS-2s, note the vet 3 IS-2 was nearly helpless 1vs1 with a unvetteed and damaged tiger iirc. http://www.coh2.org/replays/12355/heavy-tank-battle-of-the-year-mvgame
ITT OP bitches about a tank that is as slow as a Tiger, shots half as fast, does half as much damage to armor, and has the slowest turret speed of any unit. :facepalm: I wish they could ban people solely based upon their ineptitude.
11 Jan 2014, 19:46 PM
Honorary Member Badge

ITT OP bitches about a tank that is as slow as a Tiger, shots half as fast, does half as much damage to armor, and has the slowest turret speed of any unit. :facepalm: I wish they could ban people solely based upon their ineptitude.

did someone say ban, i like that word! :D

i think the tiger could definitively use a buff but i wouldn't call it shitty.
11 Jan 2014, 21:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post10 Jan 2014, 20:05 PMlink0
If anything, the Tiger needs to be more expensive.

AT guns are quite good right now, they have the highest penetration values of any weapon in the game and are fairly cheap in this patch.

+1
11 Jan 2014, 22:57 PM

Just played a 3 v 3. We fielded 2 x IS-2 in the late game.

Enemy had some Panthers and a (sigh) Tiger Ace.

The first IS-2 got gibbed by a Teller / airstrike combo. It was literally screwed in five seconds. My IS-2 got hit by the Tiger and the Panther and was brewed up in a similar amount of time.

It was comedy gold for the Ost - 2 IS-2s destroyed in less than a minute.

The IS-2 isn't a win button. In fact, it's pretty situational and isn't a great 'breakthrough' tank in the way the Tiger can be.

Youre insinuating the IS2 isnt as good as everyone says because it can be taken out by a teller and bombing strike? Thats totally irrelevant. I may damn well hope the other IS2 went down to a Tiger and Panther, if it didnt it would be ridiculous.
12 Jan 2014, 08:55 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Jan 2014, 22:57 PMStoffa

Youre insinuating the IS2 isnt as good as everyone says because it can be taken out by a teller and bombing strike? Thats totally irrelevant. I may damn well hope the other IS2 went down to a Tiger and Panther, if it didnt it would be ridiculous.

Agree. Teller mine with bombing run are among the things, that make company so good. :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★