Login

russian armor

Death to all the RNG gods

8 Jan 2014, 21:58 PM

If the RNG can't even out unless multiple games are played then the RNG is implemented poorly and skill is less important. RNG should balance out within each game - or close to it. Player skill should be the deciding factor in each game.

+1.

A better player should NEVER have to lose to a much worse player even for 1 game. You don't get to play against that same player 100 games over and over again.
8 Jan 2014, 22:44 PM

Sorry but I've never ever seen a soviet mine wiping out the whole squad at full health. I mostly play as Soviet (95% of all games) and I place mines in every game no exception. Never ever TM-35 killed a squad for me....
What happens is that the first mine kills two models, the second kills one more and leaves last model alive. It happened like 100 times and I've never seen a full health squad wipe with one mine

Well then spend more time playing Ostheer, if you are the one losing the squads you will notice it more often. About 25-33% of the times I hit a mine with German infantry it wiped the unit, and most of those times it was a full health squad.
8 Jan 2014, 23:56 PM

Permanently Banned
The grenades that stop the tank is a joke, you thrown in the front and boom the rear on the engine... Like the panzersfaust, same...

The anti infantry grenades i think ok, a little weak but ok, but the rifle grenade is strange, sometimes you kill 5, and in others, you thrown in the foot and dont kill any...
9 Jan 2014, 11:48 AM
Honorary Member Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jan 2014, 21:58 PMlink0

+1.

A better player should NEVER have to lose to a much worse player even for 1 game. You don't get to play against that same player 100 games over and over again.

That's not even true in games that have no RNG whatsoever, so if that's your objective, you are doomed to dissapointment
9 Jan 2014, 14:52 PM

That's not even true in games that have no RNG whatsoever, so if that's your objective, you are doomed to dissapointment

It's not like you play to the same skill level every single game... From my times playing chess I know there is approximately a 200 point discrepancy in my playing ability between morning and night. RNG should never be the deciding factor in a game. It should simply be how well each player is playing at the given time.
9 Jan 2014, 17:28 PM

no matter how many times you guys say it should NEVER happen, RNG isnt going anywhere. even if they change mines, ram, AT nades and everything else people hate, accuracy and scatter will always have randomness. lucky shots from a tank/mortar/sniper are enough to cost you a game under the right circumstances. you might as well just accept that theres randomness in this game. its here to stay.
9 Jan 2014, 19:14 PM

We do accept the RNG in this game, because that's a set in stone game design choice by the developers.
9 Jan 2014, 19:27 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2014, 19:14 PMlink0
We do accept the RNG in this game, because that's a set in stone game design choice by the developers.

Yea if there was no RNG we would have another SC skinned in WW2 theme. We don`t want that do we now? =)
9 Jan 2014, 20:20 PM

I like COH more than SC because I like COH's focus on small scale tactical positioning over the macro strategy/timing/scouting that starcraft focuses on. I hate the RNG in COH, but don't hate it enough to stop playing an otherwise great game.

I could not care less about the themes. Both themes are very cool.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★