Login

russian armor

Returning Player: So, which vehicles do I … ?

29 Dec 2013, 04:52 AM

Hey guys,

So I'm an exclusive Ostheer player who started playing again this past week –– I wasn't able to play while away at school, so this has been my first time playing online since August, really. Definitely some new things to get used to.

One of my bigger questions pertains to which vehicles to use. I'm a huge fan of the PGrens, and back in the day my strategy typically revolved around PGren/Panzer 4 combos roaming the field, raising hell.

Now, however, I've been seeing, and using myself, more Brummbären and Tigers. Is building T3 worth it anymore? I love me some Ostwinds and P4s (if only for nostalgia's sake), but I'll admit that I'm not the greatest at not getting my tanks blown to hell because I get a wee bit over zealous.

Long question short: which tanks to you end up using; why do you prefer the ones you use over overs; and should I skip T3 and opt to save straight to T4 with Panthers and the Sturmpanzer?

(If it makes a difference, I prefer to play 3v3 and 4v4, but tailor the answer to whatever type of games you prefer.)
29 Dec 2013, 11:39 AM

3v3's and 4v4's are complexly different to 1v1's...
as you'd never build t4 in 1v1 unless you were smashing your opponent

i'd suggest playing 1v1
you start at the bottom of the ELO if you don't play it
30 Dec 2013, 23:38 PM

3v3's and 4v4's are complexly different to 1v1's...
as you'd never build t4 in 1v1 unless you were smashing your opponent

i'd suggest playing 1v1
you start at the bottom of the ELO if you don't play it

+1

Team matches can be fun, but it's 1vs1 that really forces you to learn about your doctrines/units/tactics etc.
31 Dec 2013, 21:23 PM

Thanks guys -- I'll probably end up trying out some 1v1s in the near future. Could be Ostwinds and P4s in the future for me.
31 Dec 2013, 21:52 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I like getting shreks + pak for AT, and then getting an Ostwind -> P4. Ostwind deals with infantry and T70s really well. With the shreks and AT gun you should be able to kill or at least chase off any T34s.
8 Jan 2014, 19:55 PM
Patrion 26

Thanks guys -- I'll probably end up trying out some 1v1s in the near future. Could be Ostwinds and P4s in the future for me.

If you manage to beat early shocks in a 1v1, sure thing go for it =)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★