Login

russian armor

Germans are bad

PAGES (10)down
27 Dec 2013, 18:26 PM
Patrion 14

How about you bar democracy and fill in world wide influence and power? :)
27 Dec 2013, 18:29 PM

How about you bar democracy and fill in world wide influence and power? :)

That happened the moment they banned Nullist.
27 Dec 2013, 18:30 PM
Patrion 14

That happened the moment they banned Nullist.

lol, good one ^^
27 Dec 2013, 21:11 PM

Permanently Banned
Is very hard to not loose when you got a russian with Su85 with Much more FOV than the german tanks, and with mortar, mg's, spams, that dont give you chance to take off, or the german tanks are blinds and drunks? The scoop upgrade is with "bad" commanders...
27 Dec 2013, 21:25 PM

Essentially, what this game is is a gimmicky side (Sovs) vs a not so gimmicky side (Ost)

You can see with the emphasis that was given earlier, the Sovs clearly have an upper hand now vs the Ost, now that the doctrines are reinforcing gimmicks.

This is not so true in the past where, minus how the T-34-76 was, tank battles were pretty much how they should have been - The germans having clearly superior armour and the Russians just outnumber the armour and tries to flank. It was clearly possible for the Russians to win, but it required more work. Now the germans, despite having solid armour units, have to work for kills.

Hehe, funny, a non-Russian game having Russian bias. Made my day.
27 Dec 2013, 22:53 PM
Donator 22

Germans aren't bad.... we are friendly people and everyone loves our beer & Autobahnen :P
28 Dec 2013, 01:02 AM

Just played first time since bf4 came out... there is no balance at all now. relic listened to the soviet whinegirls and now we have this pile of crap.
28 Dec 2013, 01:04 AM

Just do something with ost sniper... it feels so damn weak
28 Dec 2013, 01:25 AM

Their are current 2 problems for the germans.

one the recent double scatter on the move penalty has hit the p4 the hardest of all medium tanks out their. from my perspective tier 3 of the germans right is looking very bad indeed. this causes some problems with soviet t-34 as the germans have no good units to cost effectively counter t-34's

Second is the CP change which is blatant favor for the soviets as they have far more call ins then the germans. people right now skip tier 3-4 and are hoarding fuel for kv-1 or t34-85. and these units right now can arrive more quickly now then the german tier 3.
28 Dec 2013, 06:52 AM

I don't think Germans would be so hard pressed if their Pak guns weren't so vulnerable, as they are quite good at killing enemy armor when they don't miss every other shot.

The problem is everything in the Soviet arsenal is good at killing Paks - Shocks, snipers, precision mortars, Zis barrage, Katyushas, you name it. Those things are also all good at killing everything that can protect a Pak and everything that can substitute a Pak.

This problem gets exponentially worse as the game mode gets bigger, so while might not feel like a big issue in 1v1, it is quite easy to feel it in 2v2+. Germans are only winning in team games due to broken Tiger Ace and Opel Blitz spam.

I think we need to do some sort of challenge: play Germans without using Elite doctrine in all game modes and see how many games you can win.

And inb4 accusations of neo-nazism, I play both sides.
28 Dec 2013, 07:25 AM

Germans are a bit weaker right now because the meta game has been to spam low tier units until call-in tanks.

T34-85s and KV-1s come 2cp earlier than Tigers, giving Soviets the edge.

1CP shocks might be a bit too early as well (it seems to be the majority opinion here).
28 Dec 2013, 12:04 PM

I always thought that taking away the PaK cloak ability has really hurt the Germans.

No longer can you lay in wait for an enemy tank and wait for the right time to spring your trap. Instead you essentially have to leave your PaK inside of your base. (For fear of it getting 2 shotted by a T-34.)

Another thing that I thought was strange is the idea that as soon as you are in range of a vehicle you can throw an anti-tank grenade or fire a panzerfaust, even if the vehicle has moved well out of range. It just seems like a gimmick when you see Soviets throwing grenades 30 meters and damaging drive trains.

At the moment Armour in the game is almost a joke. It's a strange day when you see Panzer IV's and Ostwinds reverse and almost pushed back my Conscripts due to anti tank grenades and damaged drive trains and even if you move out of range you will still get a grenade to the engine because you went within the circle for a split second.

I think both sides have obvious advantages and disadvantages, but in all honesty the constant doctrines and new units just make it so hard to balance the game to a decent standard. I know it has been said many times before but who in the world thought that the Tiger Ace was a good concept? It just doesn't make sense.
28 Dec 2013, 12:49 PM

Just played first time since bf4 came out... there is no balance at all now. relic listened to the soviet whinegirls and now we have this pile of crap.

Aren't you the same guy from the official forum who only plays AI skirmish and cry that everything is OP?

This topic is hilarious tbh. Germans are not bad, I would say they are much stronge now than they were a patch ago. I still didn't make up my mind in regards to Shock Troops and Guards being 1cp, as I need more games and we are in holiday season right now. Personaly I don't have problems dealing with ST using German T1, but oveall balance can be affected because of this.
I watched the famous OMGPOP! game and he simply outplayed his opponent so yes, you can even spam T-43/85 when you are dominating.
Speaking of T-34/85, it can fight equal fight with PzIV but to call it OP, only because it can fight back or actually penetrate Panther frontaly?
28 Dec 2013, 12:57 PM

Oh yeah....also the only viable commanders are the TA and the ass gren dude. While the soviets comms are much more usefull.
Germans are UP in this patch, it is easy to win as a soviet; they only have to abuse.
28 Dec 2013, 13:02 PM

Aren't you the same guy from the official forum who only plays AI skirmish and cry that everything is OP?

This topic is hilarious tbh. Germans are not bad, I would say they are much stronge now than they were a patch ago. I still didn't make up my mind in regards to Shock Troops and Guards being 1cp, as I need more games and we are in holiday season right now. Personaly I don't have problems dealing with ST using German T1, but oveall balance can be affected because of this.
I watched the famous OMGPOP! game and he simply outplayed his opponent so yes, you can even spam T-43/85 when you are dominating.
Speaking of T-34/85, it can fight equal fight with PzIV but to call it OP, only because it can fight back or actually penetrate Panther frontaly?

It beasts the P4s, because they are cheaper to get and they come in pairs, even Guard Motor has marked target ability + guards who can button so.........goodnight for that P4.

Also, you forgot that the russians can easily wipe out the german squads, vice versa the germans struggle killing the russian squads (I dunno who had the idea to give the russians flame tanks and HE shells when the germans need them much more). This puts the germans on the backfoot.
28 Dec 2013, 13:38 PM

They come in pairs but you pay for each of them so in theory you should have equal number of PzIV on the field and you should have your tanks earlier unless outplayed by your opponent.
You can always go for Panthers whenever you see Guard Motor being used just to be absolutely sure however a pair of PzIV or a PzIV supported by a PaK or StugIII should do the trick.
If you loose to a pair of T-34/85 while having a pair of PzIV then that's not a balance issue.
28 Dec 2013, 14:04 PM
Patrion 14

The T-34/85- (2) PIV is pretty equal imo. If however, you get mark target, the PIV's are in a bad spot. That imo is the problem now, the Germans have the better tank (Panther) but in 1v1, Panthers are a rare thing. The current meta allows soviets to hold on long enough,saving fuel for a call in tank and that's where the germans struggle to keep up. 1Tiger versus 2T-34/85 is viable, getting a pak helps a lot but paks nowadays are a joke. Decrewed very easily and not always accurate. In this patch, soviets win.
28 Dec 2013, 16:27 PM
Patrion 14

^ What he said.
28 Dec 2013, 16:34 PM

They come in pairs but you pay for each of them so in theory you should have equal number of PzIV on the field and you should have your tanks earlier unless outplayed by your opponent.
You can always go for Panthers whenever you see Guard Motor being used just to be absolutely sure however a pair of PzIV or a PzIV supported by a PaK or StugIII should do the trick.
If you loose to a pair of T-34/85 while having a pair of PzIV then that's not a balance issue.

that's half true, you will never see 2 85's vs 2 pzIV cause germans have to pay for teching which is about the cost of a tank,given u skip t2 which add other costs,instead russians can just skip all techs and go straight for 2 medium armor without building cd on 7 cp,really embarassing,the only thing keeping at bay this spam is the tiger which casually is another call-in-notech-bomb.
28 Dec 2013, 18:12 PM

Snf 23-9 in favor of Soviets...

That "famous" series was won by who was fortunate enough to be the Sov faction.
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 101
unknown 19
South Africa 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %