Login

russian armor

Germans are bad

PAGES (10)down
25 Dec 2013, 16:42 PM

Get MG42 or a Sniper next time. The meta game has changed so you should adjust your build.
Shocks will annihilate Grens 1 on 1

The MG42 has seen better days. I think it's still an essential build especially against an early shock heavy force, but it's too easy to lose one right now. The increased damage from small arms fire is bad enough, but the setup/breakdown time is the killer. Half the time if you try to retreat a 4 man MG42 as soon as you think it's in danger the squad still dies. The guy packing up the MG almost always seems to die before the other squad member which resets the breakdown time and essentially dooms the unit. Now you've not only lost the manpower but the enemy will usually have some cons nearly to pick up the free MG42. You have to babysit your MG's almost as much as you do your snipers these days.

All said though, an MG42 / Sniper combo can wreck shocks if you can lead them back into the MG42 arc and get some quick shots off with the sniper. You just can't leave the MG on its own and you have to move it so they don't come back and set up a flank on it. Easier said than done throughout the course of a game.
25 Dec 2013, 18:37 PM

The German tanks are already powerful in this game, but not for the right reasons.

I also hate how Relic throws away reality to balance the game. Sure some parts of reality has to be thrown away to balance the game, but most aspect of reality is the best way to balance the game.

The eastern front is a more balanced match than any other fronts in the war. The Soviets have weaker equipment but were still able to win due to huge numbers, while the germans can have their strong expensive weapons while the soviets can spam there cheap units.

Instead, Relic wants to balance around gimmicky abilities instead of removing these stupid abilities to better balance the game.

We now have weak Stugs that depends on their Vet 1 ability to be useful. Ramming t34s, now they rely on RNG to win. Speedy Soviet snipers, and super accurate vet 1 mortar ability.

It's hard to balance the game when there are so many stupid ideas stuffed into the game that ruin balance yet Relic devs still wants to stick with them.
25 Dec 2013, 19:02 PM

Guys if u want a realistic game go to Men of War...
25 Dec 2013, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Dec 2013, 03:17 AMherrtin
Just wanna point out, I know it's a game but..

sorry my friend, that is the point, it is a game, i am not history buff (anyway not regarding military equipment specifications...) but there are tons of unhistorical elements in the game for the sake of balance and play-ability, IMHO i am happy with coh2 they way it is.

Actually speaking of tanks, historically the should not have hp at all, it is all suppose to be about penetrating / bouncing /not penetrating, modules working / damaged and crew members alive/ injured / dead.

Its not only the Damage mechanic, Tanks ranges suppose to be almost all across most 1v1 maps

the closest game to this model i know is WOT
now, can you imagine a WOT battle where you can call in a recon run? :)

Guys if u want a realistic game go to Men of War...

i watched some games of it on youtube, everything dies there so fast...
26 Dec 2013, 01:16 AM
26 Dec 2013, 02:51 AM

26 Dec 2013, 14:19 PM

Haha nice one :D I'm not pointing out that this game should be real as the ww2, but if you put massive blobs of t34 in the game you should improve german tanks range too then.
26 Dec 2013, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2013, 14:19 PMherrtin
Haha nice one :D I'm not pointing out that this game should be real as the ww2, but if you put massive blobs of t34 in the game you should improve german tanks range too then.

L2P. Watch some replays. Traint versus cpu and improve you poor skill.
26 Dec 2013, 22:36 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2013, 22:14 PMAradan

L2P. Watch some replays. Traint versus cpu and improve you poor skill.

At least have the decency to be polite man.
26 Dec 2013, 22:44 PM

At least have the decency to be polite man.

He propagate Nazi. This soldiers kill many peoples in occupy countries. Fight against fighters for freedom - partizans. They was traitors who fight on german side.

Sorry, i am angry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/369th_(Croatian)_Infantry_Division_(Wehrmacht
26 Dec 2013, 22:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2013, 22:44 PMAradan

He propagate Nazi. This soldiers kill many peoples in occupy countries. Fight against fighters for freedom - partizans. They was traitors who fight on german side.

Sorry, i am angry.

I'm not propagating Nazi, I'm just pointing out history facts, facts that occured back then. I'm just poiting that Croatia had a professional trained army back then who fought side by side with Germans in Stalingrad, nothing else.
26 Dec 2013, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2013, 22:47 PMherrtin

I'm not propagating Nazi, I'm just pointing out history facts, facts that occured back then. I'm just poiting that Croatia had a professional trained army back then who fought side by side with Germans in Stalingrad, nothing else.

OK, sorry. In my country nazi kill many peoples. England and France betrayal us and Soviets continue in occupation.

You realy think that german tanks are poor?
26 Dec 2013, 22:51 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2013, 22:44 PMAradan

Sorry, i am angry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/369th_(Croatian)_Infantry_Division_(Wehrmacht

You can't condemn him for things in the past. I understand your anger but you simply can't accuse people nowadays for things that happenned in the past. Remember that this is a game and not politics we're all talking about :)
26 Dec 2013, 23:09 PM

I have to say, CoH2 is the only game I've ever played where people are called Nazi sympathizers / Neo-Nazis just for wanting the 2 factions to be balanced. Not even CoH1 got that treatment.
26 Dec 2013, 23:45 PM

The germans are not bad. People just need to realize one thing: The soviets won the war through massively outnumbering the germans. Currently, the costs of units such as the T34/76 are balanced for their performance in-game against their german equivalents. If you want more realistic performances, the soviet units should all be much cheaper. This will just result in massive amounts of tanks flooding the map, which is detrimental to the overall game-play of the game.
26 Dec 2013, 23:52 PM

The germans are not bad. People just need to realize one thing: The soviets won the war through massively outnumbering the germans. Currently, the costs of units such as the T34/76 are balanced for their performance in-game against their german equivalents. If you want more realistic performances, the soviet units should all be much cheaper. This will just result in massive amounts of tanks flooding the map, which is detrimental to the overall game-play of the game.

Lol...what about the damn T-34-85s + Guard motor, one of the best OP doctrine of the soviet side. Also about the massive russian army, if microed well the germans can hardly kill a squad due to the squad sizes. The russians infact can do it with ease.

And I agree with the OP about the germans are bad in some points.

27 Dec 2013, 01:01 AM

Lol...what about the damn T-34-85s + Guard motor, one of the best OP doctrine of the soviet side. Also about the massive russian army, if microed well the germans can hardly kill a squad due to the squad sizes. The russians infact can do it with ease.

The problem is not that Soviet infantry squads are hard to wipe, it's that German infantry squads are easy to wipe.
27 Dec 2013, 01:18 AM

But the quality and effectiveness of german units were much higher. In this game most of the German units can't even compete one on one. Plus the fact they are outnumbered and grossly under supplied(muntions).
27 Dec 2013, 01:33 AM

how bout.. make grenadiers 5 men and soviet squads 8 men? :D
27 Dec 2013, 02:08 AM

I'm just saying balance the game in more realistic way. Make german armor lets say worse and make range better, make soviet armor worse but make it cheaper, make panzerfaust so it can destroy the engine in one blow, more dmg, more crushing more mayhem :) Make katyushas more devastating, make IS2 gun a bit more unprecise, soviet 6 man support units should die faster, MG42 should be as fearful as back in 40s...
PAGES (10)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 111
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak