Login

russian armor

No RNG mode

18 Dec 2013, 18:44 PM

hi relic, i know coh2 tries to be a realistic game and all these chances and probabilities should exist but there are some things that are in the game only because you like all these bullshit luck based events and you want to overload this game with randomness on porpuse(you kill your own game in short words), im talking about:
-vehicle abandonment
-ice break/ vehicle sunk
-stupid airplanes crashes into important units(most retarded feature i have seen in a game)

i propose you create an option for custom games (tournaments) to limit the RNG and avoid shitty games when a good player only loses because he gets really bad luck
maybe call it "Limited Luck" which does:

-vehicle abandonment removed
-ice break removed,the third explosive impact on a vehicle over the ice always triggers ice break now
-airplanes always crash off map now
-flamethrower critical removed or limited to only one unit kill by load
*and maybe this:
-small antitank weapons(ptrs, t70 for example) will never penetrate heavy tanks and they will always do a constant damage(very small damage).

I apologise for my bad english, im from LA(no br),but i think the title resumes it all
i really think this events are too extreme for a competitive game and only exist because of relics whim, maybe funny for 4v4 but not funny to spectate.
18 Dec 2013, 18:47 PM

It took them months for a chat room, do you honestly think they are going to develop a separate game mode? Come on...
18 Dec 2013, 18:55 PM
Patrion 14

I dont think there should be a specific game mode for tournaments. Not even a competetive player. Still, some of your points are very good.

1 - planecrashes. Fun when it happens to the other guy, not fun to be that guy. No reason for it to be in the game as it is right now.

2 - Flamethrower-crits, atleast happen to often and you risk losing to much. If this was slightly reduced penals, engies and pios would be more valid fightingunits overall.

As for breaking ice, think it works well and makes sense. Have no issues with it.

Abandoned vehicles tip the tide yes, but think it actually adds flavour and doesnt happen all that often. Think its ok.
18 Dec 2013, 19:00 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2013, 18:55 PMLe Wish
I dont think there should be a specific game mode for tournaments. Not even a competetive player. Still, some of your points are very good.

1 - planecrashes. Fun when it happens to the other guy, not fun to be that guy. No reason for it to be in the game as it is right now.

2 - Flamethrower-crits, atleast happen to often and you risk losing to much. If this was slightly reduced penals, engies and pios would be more valid fightingunits overall.

As for breaking ice, think it works well and makes sense. Have no issues with it.

Abandoned vehicles tip the tide yes, but think it actually adds flavour and doesnt happen all that often. Think its ok.

1- I have never experienced in 300 hours of gameplay a plane crush on units.
2- Penal falme doesn`t explode as far as I know, or it has even lower chance due to model count.
3-Breaking ice fun as hell, as for abandoned vehicles... If you gave it to the enemy your fault for not protecting it or destroying it when you had the chance.
18 Dec 2013, 19:01 PM

CoH2 without RNG is like Michael without Jackson.
18 Dec 2013, 19:02 PM
Patrion 14

Got roughly 500hrs under the belt and have had it destroy both own and opposing units. Doesnt happen often though, but if its so extremely rare, it shouldnt be in at all. It fkkn hurts when it crashes into your vet 3 schrecked up pgrens.

Never realised flamers dont explode on penals. :/ my mistake. Havent built them very often, and dont like to upgrade them because they might go up in flames, but if thats not the case then I might reevaluate the unit.
18 Dec 2013, 19:08 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2013, 19:02 PMLe Wish
Got roughly 500hrs under the belt and have had it destroy both own and opposing units. Doesnt happen often though, but if its so extremely rare, it shouldnt be in at all. It fkkn hurts when it crashes into your vet 3 schrecked up pgrens.

Never realised flamers dont explode on penals. :/ my mistake. Havent built them very often, and dont like to upgrade them because they might go up in flames, but if thats not the case then I might reevaluate the unit.

Plane crushes existed in VCoH, no one complained about them because it was so rare.
As for Penals I said I think, but I am pretty sure the percentage is the same as with pios and engies, but because Penos are 6 models while pios are 4 the chance becomes even smaller since there are more models to shoot at
18 Dec 2013, 19:18 PM

If you gave it to the enemy your fault for not protecting it or destroying it when you had the chance.

i give you a counter argument, If your opponent didnt dive with his tank foolishly and he lost it(abandon) in a huge battle and you capture it only because your enemy is retreating and without infantry when you have your last 3man squad remaining, why do you deserve the advantage? dont tell me you had success capturing it before your opponent because you precalculated everything and is all because of your skill that he had no troops and you did because that is imposible
If you didnt planify how to capture a enemy vehicle and only got lucky with the result, why do you deserve the advantage and win the game because of that?
18 Dec 2013, 19:39 PM
Honorary Member Badge

that would be like taking the company out of company of heroes. (honestly.)

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2013, 19:01 PMStoffa

this is better than what i said so yea this +1.
18 Dec 2013, 19:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2013, 19:01 PMStoffa

+1
18 Dec 2013, 19:50 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2013, 19:18 PMatwar

i give you a counter argument, If your opponent didnt dive with his tank foolishly and he lost it(abandon) in a huge battle and you capture it only because your enemy is retreating and without infantry when you have your last 3man squad remaining, why do you deserve the advantage? dont tell me you had success capturing it before your opponent because you precalculated everything and is all because of your skill that he had no troops and you did because that is imposible
If you didnt planify how to capture a enemy vehicle and only got lucky with the result, why do you deserve the advantage and win the game because of that?

My favorite quote "To the Victor goes the spoils"
If you lost an engagement it means you didn`t plan it through or didn`t realize that you were loosing the engagement or that the engagement wasn`t in your favor so you should back out. So an abandoned vehicle although is an RNG factor is still your fault due to poor planning of the engagement.
If the vehicle was abandoned right from the start of the egagement you either destroy it so your enemy doesn`t retrieve it or, if you have AT, leave it as a bait and then destroy it when it was manned by the enemy, result you get xp for destroying enemy vehicle and cause MP drain for the enemy and a potentially lost squad.
18 Dec 2013, 19:52 PM

Permanently Banned
So much noob advise in this thread.
18 Dec 2013, 19:54 PM
Patrion 26

Another troll showed up MVGame.
18 Dec 2013, 20:09 PM

Penal falme doesn`t explode as far as I know, or it has even lower chance due to model count.

flamers have the same chance to explode on penals as any other squad.
18 Dec 2013, 20:13 PM

Lol
v89
18 Dec 2013, 20:16 PM

God forbid something unexpected and exciting happens in a GAME, oh the horror!
18 Dec 2013, 20:16 PM
Coder Red Badge

Every game has RNG. Starcraft Brood War has RNG and it's arguably the most popular RTS of all time. Sure, it didn't have as much as CoH2 does, but it was still there. Dota 2 has an insane amount of RNG, and it's incredibly competitive. RNG isn't bad.

vCoH had as much RNG as CoH2 does, and it still had an extremely stable competitive scene. If you're better than your opponent, you will win more often than your opponent. They're dealing with the same conditions you are. Understanding what risks are worth taking is an essential part to improving as a player.

Stop complaining and start trying to improve. Learn about the system and figure out how you can exploit it.
18 Dec 2013, 20:23 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Dec 2013, 20:09 PMwooof

flamers have the same chance to explode on penals as any other squad.

I corrected my self in another comment if you haven`t noticed it =)
18 Dec 2013, 20:35 PM
Benefactor 355

This statement accurately describes at least 70% of balance conversations on these forums.
18 Dec 2013, 20:47 PM

Vehicles abandoned and breaking ice are great additions to the game.

The only bothersome RNG is the one that involves grenades and Pak/ZiS chances of hitting armor. Although maintining the random effect I would like a more regular outcome in them.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★