Login

russian armor

G-43 vs SVT-40

5 Feb 2014, 08:36 AM

Really, I loved how they did it in Eastern Front Mod where you progressively upgraded your engineers to give them body armour and other stuff. I wish they had done that in CoH2 but obviously that'd be not possible now.

I wonder if an alternative AT weapon for shocks would be for every time they killed an enemy squad, they'd receive a one use only Panzershrek. Interesting mechanic and it'd represent what did happen where as the Soviets advanced they picked up tons of Panzershreks.

@ Someguy
Shock Armies as you say did exist and under them obviously would be shock troops, but they would come under the Guard Rifle Support doc (or whatever the one is with Con PPSHs, Arty and guards is called). Engineer Sappers IIRC correctly were separate units which would be attached for urban combat.
5 Feb 2014, 08:43 AM

Maybe not the topic, but I found it interesting: CH-40A - steel Vest model 1940.

In August 1942, a trial batch manufacturing in quantity of 500 pieces. Vest has been sent to the army in the paratroops

5 Feb 2014, 14:21 PM

Permanently Banned
Soo, for someones, the G43 is not ok?

But russian's running into you covered infantry, taking bullets, and no problem! Coming so close into your troops that kiss guys is ok?

6 Feb 2014, 04:48 AM

Umm... Could you suggest any alternatives...? Since currently if you stay at range as Soviets you're gonna lose.
6 Feb 2014, 12:59 PM

I just realised that CoH1 British Commandos were a more accurate representation of Assault Engineers than CoH2 Shock Troops are. Get in, wreck up some defences, demo-charge a bunker, and get back out.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 40
unknown 32
unknown 11
Germany 854

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %