Login

russian armor

Does the AI blow or repair bridges?

12 Dec 2013, 19:29 PM

Do they? I've never witnessed it. And while we're on the subject, how come in both CoH1 and CoH2 the Wehrmacht can't wire bridges? Did they never do it in real life?
12 Dec 2013, 19:32 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

CPU doesnt repair bridges and it doesnt attack them.
Ofcourse it might fire barrages if you have units there or something like that.
13 Dec 2013, 06:03 AM

This is one thing that bothers me sometimes about sequels in games.

In CoH1 the AI knew, and did repair bridges if you destroyed them. In CoH2 the AI has no idea how to do it. So now all the AI does when you have blown up all the bridges is run with all their units to the closest points on their side of the river nearest to wherever they're trying to attack you. Which just make them look really stupid and allows me to rocket or artillery fire them easily.

While on the repair subject, a friendly AI do know that your own engineers are able to repair their tanks, and thus crowd your engineers sometimes in the hopes that you will repair their tanks for them, this is when they don't have engineers of their own nearby and also of note this has not been happening too much, but when it does it makes it hard to move your stuff around because of them crowding you.

One thing that's cool though, the Soviet AI know how to use artillery pieces, not the German AI though, as appose to CoH1 where no AI knew how to use them.

Lastly I'm glad the AI don't know how to blow up bridges, that might currently break the game against AI on some maps.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight