Login

russian armor

Congrats, you got me playing again

12 Dec 2013, 13:17 PM

Can I just say how awesome this patch is on a number of levels. It has really encouraged me to start playing again.

To list the awesome stuff they've done.

a) Not release any DLC commanders
b) Tone down Sov Industry and Tiger Ace.
c) With the changes to MGs, (and ninja changes to PPSH), change the meta from 6 grens vs 6 cons (which, lets be serious, was boring as hell).
d) Made sure Mud wasn't part of 1v1s or 2v2s (that is, it's more of a casual feature which should be where it stays)
e) Made AT guns more worthwhile.
f) Reworking commander CP points.

I think this is one of the few patches which has actually got a really positive review from the community!

Awesome patch, keep up the good work!
12 Dec 2013, 13:51 PM

Yep, same here. Played a few 1on1 games yesterday and had a lot of fun.

I really hope they will reduce the amount of DLC commanders in future, otherwise I will probably get pissed off again.
12 Dec 2013, 14:05 PM

Agree almost with everything, but Tiger Ace wasn't really toned down. Instead, now it has more strategical options as it can be used as a deterrent and defensive unit while the player waits for his income to come back.

At least the previous Tiger Ace was an all-or-nothing unit, now is just a "I'm-going-to-stop-all-enemy-push-with-this-Behemoth-while-I-wait-10-minutes-for-the-finishing-blow" unit.
12 Dec 2013, 14:45 PM
Coder Red Badge

Yeah, if it wasn't for the new Dota 2 update I'd probably start playing a little bit again. But I'll reserve my enthusiasm until I see the next round of DLC commanders. If they break the game as badly as the previous round did, it will very much be one step forward, two steps back.
12 Dec 2013, 14:50 PM

Permanently Banned
The real balance team is solid.

Good patch, real needed changes that cut through the bullshit.

DLC Commanders are a systemic earthquake for balance, and Im glad we got a short respite from those.

Very cool that you remembered the Camo fix, which was quite understated in public feedback, but important nonetheless.
12 Dec 2013, 15:07 PM
Donator 11

I agree, the MGs and Paks are now part of the game. I think the meta will be more varied for now at least.

Relic, please, no more commanders, again, if you promise this, I for one, will buy all the other DLC. People will support you for a good game and fair game if they feel your not milking us, look at Kickstarter projects and Steam early access.

I want to win because of strategies and execution not because I purchased a commander that my enemy can't even practice against and in some cases have a disadvantage.

If the game is fair, people will be fair with you. I would be more then happy to have, for example, spent money for all the skins for this game that I love and feel is being fair to me and at the same time, giving you the support you need money wise.

And for more money, add skins for infantries, maybe even different colors/structures for your base's buildings but nothing that effects gameplay.

Opposing Fronts was fine because it was an expansion that came out years after the original game and everyone had the same content for a fair price after years of playing the same game, but releasing new commanders every month that some people can have or other won't creates such a mess. Or just create a competitive pass, where for 30$ you get all current and future commanders, at least everyone that wants to play competitively will have the same content.
12 Dec 2013, 23:38 PM
Patrion 27

Turning Point is where everything started to gel but the DLC commanders completely overshadowed all of the balance and vet changes. This patch builds off it the last one perfectly and if patches continue down this trend I think we will all be very happy.

Things I'd like to see in the future:

*Hold-Fire for all units
*Fully customizable hot-keys IN-GAME
*Observation mode

-Fix Radio Intercept bug
-Fix Mechanized Grenadier Panzerfaust bug
-Moscow Outskirts back on 1v1 automatch
-Tiger Ace incoming and outgoing damage buffed and nerfed respectively
-Ostheer teller and Mine-Field minor cost reduction
-individual Panzershreck upgrades for PGrens
-PTRS upgrade for Guards optional
-Toggle button for moving turret on vehicles
-Fine tuning of bulletins
-The ability to rearrange our commanders in the menu

12 Dec 2013, 23:51 PM

Permanently Banned
lots of beta testers has final exams now. That is why is the balance is fcked up atm. :D
13 Dec 2013, 00:22 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

13 Dec 2013, 00:32 AM
Honorary Member Badge

im pretty sure they will release more dlc commanders in the future. but yea it is nice to see a break from them.

also the mud thing im pretty sure it will move to all modes soon enough. that is if they feel satisfied with it. :) the problem with new features isn't that they are bad is that they are way to much. like how game devs go way overboard with the bloom. :(

what i would love to see is them revert there old dlc model and move to infantry by base building skins and tank skins. then getting rid of dlc commadners slowly and replacing with skins. but that isn't ever gonna happen most likely. :(
13 Dec 2013, 01:00 AM

Nice to see positive feedback from some of the more critical posters =)

IMO, all patches have been consistently improving the game, but there is no question that at various times the game has needed some improvement :)
13 Dec 2013, 02:16 AM

Nice to see positive feedback from some of the more critical posters =)

IMO, all patches have been consistently improving the game, but there is no question that at various times the game has needed some improvement :)

I would agree that all patches on the balance side of things has continuously improved the game. However, many, myself included, consider the DLC commanders to be what makes most of these patches - one step forwards, two steps back.

That's why, IMO, the community has, on the whole, been very critical of the game of late.

But you know, I do have this philosophy - credit where it's due.
13 Dec 2013, 02:45 AM

It was all around solid, too, because they focused on stuff that REALLY matters...

The two thigns that stood out the most for me, was input lag and building cover. Those two were not just "imbalances" but true frustrations for any player.

AT gun and MG42 buff change the meta for the better and the CP reworking is icing on the cake for me.

I would like for them to take some time and revisit ALL the commanders, each ability individually (everyone has played them thoroughly by now) and see which abilities could use a CP rework. They have TWICE the range for experimentation now, its time to use it.

Its not perfect but, it was a good direction.
13 Dec 2013, 08:47 AM
Patrion 14

I keep commanderreleases and balance-patches separate. I have been satisfied with most of the stuff in the balancepatches. They are solid and thought out. Dont fiddle with a ton of stuff at the same time. Commander-releases seem to come from outer space though for some reason. Ive not been all to happy about all of them.

The only thing I really miss is a complete changelog so we dont have to look for ninja changes.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★