Login

russian armor

Its me or the game is much more harder in 1v1 as German?

11 Dec 2013, 17:33 PM

Its me or the game is much more harder in 1v1 as German? Since a month or so, I started to feel strange can not win games as usual, my ratio was 1/1, now only outsmart true noobs, Soviet infantry is stronger? The tanks come sooner? It's amazing, can not only be only me.Whats going on?
PS: Once the Soviets managed 3 tanks in 15 minutes, is it possible?

Im a casual player of course.
11 Dec 2013, 17:36 PM

Permanently Banned
Balance is very complicated, especially with various DLC Commanders thrown in the mix.

You might want to familiarise yourself with possible Sov Commanders a bit more, and deliberately ingame try to detect exactly what build and Commander your opponent is going for.

Personally, Im awaiting the final result from the SNF Tournament in terms of what faction won the most.

Unfortunately, I'm anticipating a massive Sov majority from what I've seen so far... Hopefully, I'm wrong.
11 Dec 2013, 17:42 PM

Aside from some OP commanders on both sides, the game is well balanced in 1v1. Some units here and there could still use some tweaking, but these are very minor issues.
11 Dec 2013, 17:44 PM

Aside from some OP commanders on both sides, the game is well balanced in 1v1. Some units here and there could still use some tweaking, but these are very minor issues.

It's funny how you throw "OP" and "well balanced" in the same sentence ;)
11 Dec 2013, 17:52 PM

I think the new problem is with the new building cover system. Soviets have a very reliable tool to flush out infantry in buildings, moreso now. A Molotov has instaskilled numerous grens in buildings on multiple occasions. Grens still must swarm buildings or spend muni on a flamer (effectively canceling out a few strats) or buy a mortar (not a bad idea but sets u back if sov going conspam). That and the new quicker cp system seem to make the game go faster, but it helps both sides (faster ppsh? Faster g43 too).

I am not sure what is going on but it's to early to tell. May be a case of German players having to a adapt a bit with the new changes. So far balance seems fine, although I have gotten a few steam messages asking if I have more trouble with Germans now.
11 Dec 2013, 17:58 PM
Patrion 26

I think the new problem is with the new building cover system. Soviets have a very reliable tool to flush out infantry in buildings, moreso now. A Molotov has instaskilled numerous grens in buildings on multiple occasions. Grens still must swarm buildings or spend muni on a flamer (effectively canceling out a few strats) or buy a mortar (not a bad idea but sets u back if sov going conspam). That and the new quicker cp system seem to make the game go faster, but it helps both sides (faster ppsh? Faster g43 too).

I am not sure what is going on but it's to early to tell. May be a case of German players having to a adapt a bit with the new changes. So far balance seems fine, although I have gotten a few steam messages asking if I have more trouble with Germans now.

With the buildings nerf flames just instakill units in buildings. Mortar is not as useful as a flame against them. Also faster ppsh is ok, but faster Shocks is just rape.
I don`t know why relic is trying to make the game even faster than it was....
For me even before patch the games looked too fast.

As for the Riflenade, I suggest not wasting muni on it early on. Better save up for LMG and FHT.
11 Dec 2013, 17:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 17:36 PMNullist
Balance is very complicated, especially with various DLC Commanders thrown in the mix.

You might want to familiarise yourself with possible Sov Commanders a bit more, and deliberately ingame try to detect exactly what build and Commander your opponent is going for.

Personally, Im awaiting the final result from the SNF Tournament in terms of what faction won the most.

Unfortunately, I'm anticipating a massive Sov majority from what I've seen so far... Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Sometimes i do it,and I know that many people use new commander ,i dont,and as a 47 years old man ,i cant learn much more,I even dont like the new maps,but till now,a month ago,i use to have some fun with the game,but not now.In the last game semosky map,both controlling one fuel point,my opponent gets 2 T34 before I get one P4,and as I spent some munitions to destroy his clown cars,not even a bazooka to my PZGr. Its frustrating.
11 Dec 2013, 18:05 PM

Sometimes i do it,and I know that many people use new commander ,i dont,and as a 47 years old man ,i cant learn much more,I even dont like the new maps,but till now,a month ago,i use to have some fun with the game,but not now.In the last game semosky map,both controlling one fuel point,my opponent gets 2 T34 before I get one P4,and as I spent some munitions to destroy his clown cars,not even a bazooka to my PZGr. Its frustrating.

Have you tried skipping tier 2 entirely? Don't build the building and rush strait for a PIV. Then back-tech to tier 2 and get a PAK or two. How many grenadiers are you getting? Three or more are generally required to keep enough map control.

With the buildings nerf flames just instakill units in buildings. Mortar is not as useful as a flame against them. Also faster ppsh is ok, but faster Shocks is just rape.

As for the Riflenade, I suggest not wasting muni on it early on. Better save up for LMG and FHT.

Yes that's why I didn't even include rifle nades in discussion. To expensive and unreliable.

Agreed I don't understand why the game has been designed to go faster. The patch has created an unforeseen consequence, the game is faster. Faster shocks, tanks, shock units, etc.... Argh.

Unless we have access to current w/l ratios there is no point in discussing this since you don't have the stats to back up a point.
Stats for every patch, and a multitude of elos, would be very nice to have.
Unfortunately Relic seems to keep balance stats a secret on porpuse. People can't properly complain/argue about balance if they don't even know that there is an imbalance.
11 Dec 2013, 18:06 PM
Patrion 26

If you are not having fun in 1v1 I suggest trying 2v2 +
It`s a spamm fest but atleast you can rely on teammates to cover your mistakes.
I see 1v1 as a much more focus oriented than fun oriented. Meaning in 1v1 you rely on yourself and the bad micro of your opponent, if his micro is better than yours then its gg in most cases.
11 Dec 2013, 18:07 PM

Permanently Banned

Have you tried skipping tier 2 entirely? Don't build the building and rush strait for a PIV. Then back-tech to tier 2 and get a PAK or two. How many grenadiers are you getting? Three or more are generally required to keep enough map control.

Honestly, this isnt viable in 1v1.

Ost tech structure requires the BP expenditure, and you will bleed yourself dry of fuel getting T3 out and end up with a building, but no fuel to build anything out of it, as well as no AT because you have no T2.

If you do try this, fuel control is absolutely tantamount. Every drop matters at that point, as the leap to T3 and an actual armor unit, in terms of fuel cost, is very hard to accumalate so early on. Definately need a Fuel cache too (and what else do you do with the MP that you accumalate while waiting for Fuel to make the leap).

If Ost had a Commander that enabled skipping T2 with AT call-ins for MP, this might work. But it doesnt.
11 Dec 2013, 18:34 PM

Skipping tier 2 is viable, depending on the situation as seen in recent replays from top players.

That being said, you're right that it seems safer and more viable in 1vs1 to go with a pak or two before jumping to tier 3.
11 Dec 2013, 18:41 PM

I use to build every buildings.I get 1Gr.1Mg,1GR.1Mg then sometimes a mortar before build the next tier,then I get a PZgr and a half-track,I use to group a GR with a Mg and a PZGR without the bazooka and go allover the map looking for infantry fights,Its a non competitive strategy I know,but I look for some fun,then I build the next tier. But as i never had enough Gaz,not even a stug.lol.Then I saw the Russian tanks coming,
11 Dec 2013, 18:49 PM
Patrion 26

I use to build every buildings.I get 1Gr.1Mg,1GR.1Mg then sometimes a mortar before build the next tier,then I get a PZgr and a half-track,I use to group a GR with a Mg and a PZGR without the bazooka and go allover the map looking for infantry fights,Its a non competitive strategy I know,but I look for some fun,then I build the next tier. But as i never had enough Gaz,not even a stug.lol.Then I saw the Russian tanks coming,

Try Gren->Gren->Mg->Gren->MG/Sniper->T2->Halftrack->FHT->Pgren->Pak
Get Sniper only in case they have Shocks and try to set MG behind sniper to suppress cons who try to rush your sniper, while he picks up those shocks meaning the soviet player will have to bleed MP to reinforce them or combine them with cons which will make shocks less beefy
11 Dec 2013, 18:54 PM

If you're moving around with your MG's a lot, it gives the soviet player a chance to swarm you with conscripts. If you're building 2 Mg's, use one to lock down territory around your fuel point and the other to guard your cutoff point. Focus on just defending those 2 points and you'll be able to get a PIV out around the time a T34 hits the field. The key is not overextending your infantry and holding those two points.
11 Dec 2013, 19:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 17:44 PMPepsi

It's funny how you throw "OP" and "well balanced" in the same sentence ;)

It worked because I cleverly used the words "aside from" when referring to commanders.

On the topic of skipping T2 as Ostheer, it is viable. However, you can't do it with the standard 4-5 T1 units and then teching. You will need at least 6-8 squads including support weapons and push heavily on both fuels. Your high amount of infantry will push the soviets off the field if they don't also invest into a lot of infantry, which delays their tech long enough for you to get T3 units out in time to counter their tanks.

Of course it does not work against soviet imbastry, because they can pump out a T70 at 5:00 even when having very little territory.
12 Dec 2013, 02:46 AM

flamers have an accuracy off 11 (1100%) and i think they also negate dmg reduction through cover. if im right the builing changes with this patch didnt affect them at all (same with molotovs)

actually i think the building nerf is in favor of the germans. since its easier to clear bulidings without having to resort to using munitions for it
12 Dec 2013, 03:00 AM

flamers have an accuracy off 11 (1100%) and i think they also negate dmg reduction through cover. if im right the builing changes with this patch didnt affect them at all (same with molotovs)

actually i think the building nerf is in favor of the germans. since its easier to clear bulidings without having to resort to using munitions for it

I'm not sure, the patch cuts both ways...Rifle nades certainly seem better vs. buildings.

I don't know what it is, but the game just seems even more boring now. You can throw in all the "cool" unique units you want, something is just lacking. Everything is just too sequenced, as long as I do the right things in the right order and hit the vet abilities in time to have an effect, it's been nothing but easy wins.

Increasing the CP pace for some units does seem to have quickened the game to its detriment. No more guessing if your opponent has gone shocks when you see them in 3-4 minutes, there's just no subtlety, no feeling of tension for me at all. If I get outflanked at some point I may lose, but there are no surprises ever in this game and that's what's making it boring to play...

12 Dec 2013, 04:42 AM

but atleast you can rely on teammates to cover your mistakes.

rely on wut? lol that has never been my experience in 2v2s :S quite the opposite actually
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★