Login

russian armor

Hold-Fire for ALL units

11 Dec 2013, 10:48 AM
Patrion 27

Yeah that's right, I said it! Why don't we have this yet? True-Sight is really, really fantastic but the fact that I can't make a unit hold-fire while it lurks behind a wall is restricting from some awesome strategies. I mean, at least let AT guns have it regardless of cloak or not, but Assault Guns and infantry could really use it!

11 Dec 2013, 10:52 AM

what he said ^ provides a great tactical advantage
11 Dec 2013, 10:54 AM

Yes yes yes.

Or better yet, have anything purley AT (paks, ZiS, SU85, Elefant etc), only fire at vehicles, unless you click command it to do so.

Its so annoying to have a long ranged AT unit try to watch a choke point from afar, but continually rotate in an attempt to fire at some random infantry miles away from the direction you want it facing.. when it has very little chance of actually hitting anything.
11 Dec 2013, 12:24 PM

adding hold fire is too much work! LIKE REAL DAMAGE TABLES
11 Dec 2013, 12:35 PM

Or better yet, have anything purley AT (paks, ZiS, SU85, Elefant etc), only fire at vehicles, unless you click command it to do so.

+1

And snipers only attacking infantry too.
11 Dec 2013, 15:56 PM

+1

This has been brought up before, but I have not heard anything from Relic. It should be a relatively high priority.
11 Dec 2013, 19:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

+1

This has been brought up before, but I have not heard anything from Relic.

+1

Not high priority but would like to hear if they are considering implementing it.
11 Dec 2013, 19:50 PM

The want and need for this feature is unanimous. +1
11 Dec 2013, 20:37 PM

I think the Ferdinand need some button that he isnt rotating anymore. Great to use when for e.c. a Tank is in the FOG behind a house. Cause its horrible to micro and that sucks. he is doing all the time the same shit like the marder 3 in CoH1
12 Dec 2013, 02:16 AM

haha, there is a button to stop Ferdinand rotating.. its called Hull Down

MVGame
12 Dec 2013, 05:25 AM

+1 on this serious we need it and we brought it up like couples times already and relic never respond to this (not i remember) also tank should have attack tank only button on tank destroyers like elefant or infantry only button on ostwind
12 Dec 2013, 12:21 PM

haha, there is a button to stop Ferdinand rotating.. its called Hull Down

MVGame
Well first of all this is a Commander special shit and needs idont know 1min to "hulldown the tank"?
12 Dec 2013, 12:25 PM

Im only kidding, I wouldnt really advocate hulling down an Elefant. You would have to have a very narrow choke for enemy tanks.

It would make it super hard to kill thou :p
13 Dec 2013, 09:01 AM

Agree fully to this suggestion.

But we didn't have that in COH1 either. I suppose there is a design reason behind it. All though I can't see what it would be.
13 Dec 2013, 18:00 PM
Senior Caster Badge

Agree fully to this suggestion.

But we didn't have that in COH1 either. I suppose there is a design reason behind it. All though I can't see what it would be.

CoH 1 didn't have TrueSight™ so it mattered much less. I've been saying since the beta that a hold fire button would make sense.
13 Dec 2013, 18:47 PM

CoH 1 didn't have TrueSight™ so it mattered much less. I've been saying since the beta that a hold fire button would make sense.

Wanted to add to this. In addition to true sight there are two other pieces to this I think.

The units for which this was most important (AT guns) basically did for Wehr, and reloaded quickly for US. The pak would not shoot at infantry when cloaked (same as what this would do), and the US at gun fired so fast a first shot on infantry was not as devastating. Now since a Zis may only get 2 shots, losing half its firepower is pretty bad.

Also we had fewer specialized units in vCOH so firing at infantry was still useful for almost all units. Now with many specialized units we need them to be very focused on their goal.
13 Dec 2013, 18:53 PM

Probably only unit it really effected badly in coh1 was the marder.
13 Dec 2013, 21:41 PM
Patrion 27

Wanted to add to this. In addition to true sight there are two other pieces to this I think.

The units for which this was most important (AT guns) basically did for Wehr, and reloaded quickly for US. The pak would not shoot at infantry when cloaked (same as what this would do), and the US at gun fired so fast a first shot on infantry was not as devastating. Now since a Zis may only get 2 shots, losing half its firepower is pretty bad.

Also we had fewer specialized units in vCOH so firing at infantry was still useful for almost all units. Now with many specialized units we need them to be very focused on their goal.

While AT guns are the obvious candidate for hold-fire, imagine having your shocks or assgrens hiding behind a building with hold fire while shift-queue'd units walk by them unbeknownst. If you have an mg or at gun waiting past them you can really get that pincer flank going and capitalize on their short range effectiveness.

Also Ostheer ambush camouflage could really benefit if your unit could quietly wait for just the right moment to fire. Or just stay hidden while providing scouting/spotting information for your indirect fire.
13 Dec 2013, 21:44 PM

Hold fire would make so much sense. It's I need sniper to be able to do any form of scouting. Being able to hide and choose your engagements would really raise the skill ceiling.
13 Dec 2013, 23:36 PM

Also Ostheer ambush camouflage could really benefit if your unit could quietly wait for just the right moment to fire. Or just stay hidden while providing scouting/spotting information for your indirect fire.

Doesnt ambush camo give holdfire? I am pretty sure it does. What I really want for ambush camo on mgs: only reveal yourself if you want to shoot at a f**** enemy in your arc, DONT reveal automatically because the useless guys on the side want to shoot trespasing units.

Btw +1 on the Thread.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 42
unknown 22
Poland 12
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L