Login

russian armor

So.. um ..Don River

11 Dec 2013, 00:39 AM

I think I like it, but it's kind of weird. Opponents are almost right next to each other. Could make for some interesting base rushes.

What do you guys think.
11 Dec 2013, 21:21 PM
Patrion 14

Only played once in automatch (2v2). Feels interesting, and with all that ice sets up for alot of fun and trouble. Im not sure if there will be insane base-arty wars on this one or not, that would be my first concern. Also feels like the VPs favor top players somewhat.
11 Dec 2013, 21:30 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Dec 2013, 21:21 PMLe Wish
Only played once in automatch (2v2). Feels interesting, and with all that ice sets up for alot of fun and trouble. Im not sure if there will be insane base-arty wars on this one or not, that would be my first concern. Also feels like the VPs favor top players somewhat.

The map is completely in favor of the top player, 2 VPs also easy to control both munitions and the top fuel. To me the map feel somewhat small
11 Dec 2013, 22:00 PM

The center feels very cramped, other than that I do not yet know it well enough. There are many small passages to slip through (or wire off) and fences to hop over for flanking paths. When the enemy doesn't expect it, you can also use the river to flank the center or intercept the enemy's reinforcements.

This is just my first (or third?) impression with it, though. No idea if it is balanced well.
11 Dec 2013, 22:04 PM

I have only played it in TOW.
11 Dec 2013, 22:09 PM

Well, the bottom bridge can be blown and there's on short way t the center short of kissing the ice....
12 Dec 2013, 06:32 AM

I played it one game and I liked it, I was starting from bottom in 1v1, at 1st it was little weird breaching mid but once I got there I had some nice skirmishes as germans.
12 Dec 2013, 09:20 AM

I think this map totally favoures Germans, esspecially from top. I mean it was designed to be a camp defence map in ToW for Germans.

I've played 1 games so far (as bottom) and 2 MGs easily owned me. I'm going to have to play a load more before making my mind up though.

as far as I can tell, you need to rush north just to get a bridge head in the town, and just send an engie off to cap your side.
12 Dec 2013, 20:24 PM
Patrion 26

I think this map totally favoures Germans, esspecially from top. I mean it was designed to be a camp defence map in ToW for Germans.

I've played 1 games so far (as bottom) and 2 MGs easily owned me. I'm going to have to play a load more before making my mind up though.

as far as I can tell, you need to rush north just to get a bridge head in the town, and just send an engie off to cap your side.

I could control mid with only 1 MG while playing top. Sit on the cutoff point that is face to face with the VP and muni point. But I guess my opponent never thought of coming from 2 sides at the same time.... But in reality yea, 2 MGS can lock mid so easily that soviets will have a hard time except if they get 120mm mortars
13 Dec 2013, 06:34 AM

Top seems easier yea. Who makes 2 mg's though? a M3 or 2 will utterly destroy you. Unless you play a really heavy tier 1 I guess.
13 Dec 2013, 07:57 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Map to veto on 2v2 :)
13 Dec 2013, 11:54 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Benefactor 117

I veto this map because I am prejudiced against bridges and blizzards. Hopefully we'll see some mind-blowing replays from this map, though. I'd like to be wrong!
13 Dec 2013, 15:02 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 06:34 AMJewdo
Top seems easier yea. Who makes 2 mg's though? a M3 or 2 will utterly destroy you. Unless you play a really heavy tier 1 I guess.

That is why you always keep 2 grens next to them to Faust M3s =) Its not like the map is big enough to go somewhere. Usually by sitting right in the middle you cover pretty much everything on the top side.
13 Dec 2013, 22:54 PM

The guys on top have the advantage, on matter if you flank. Considering both players are of equal skill:

-Flanking the top players is more difficult, since they have a very nice defensible position with two entrances, which look straight into the ice.

-Likewise, defending the middle base from an ice flank is more difficult, because not only does it not face toward the flank, but you only have one sensible defense point, instead of two (you have to blob a little, which is perfect for artillery).

-The bottom NEEDs to go through that bridge, which in theory can get blown and produces a pseudo bottle neck. That means defending middle form top is easier.

-The houses, in general, are pointed perfectly towards a top defense. There's also a lot of heavy cover for people on top.

The one advantage for bottom is that their fuel can be better defended.
13 Dec 2013, 23:42 PM

And Germans are better at defending anyway.
13 Dec 2013, 23:47 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

I like the map, but it does favor the player on the top for obvious reasons. It is cramped, and I have used wire, mines, and sandbags with great effect. We built a line with a couple sandbags and barbed wire in the middle, and it held for much of the game.

That said: Too many narrow spaces, too many chokepoints, too much vertical height change in a small area. I like them all individually and together, but crammed into a small area is a little too much.
14 Dec 2013, 00:32 AM

i didnt like the map. need some adjustments.
14 Dec 2013, 01:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2013, 23:47 PMOhme
I like the map, but it does favor the player on the top for obvious reasons. It is cramped, and I have used wire, mines, and sandbags with great effect. We built a line with a couple sandbags and barbed wire in the middle, and it held for much of the game.

That said: Too many narrow spaces, too many chokepoints, too much vertical height change in a small area. I like them all individually and together, but crammed into a small area is a little too much.

+1
16 Dec 2013, 20:52 PM

After all the discussion we've already had about how unbalanced maps like Langreskaya were I can't believe Relic releases this map in it's current state.

It is glaringly obvious that it is heavily unbalanced. Where is that Captain Picard facepalm picture when you need it?
16 Dec 2013, 21:03 PM
Patrion 26

I guess they release maps only for aesthetics believing a cool looking map is much better than a balanced map
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 63

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight