Login

russian armor

Predictions for announcement from Noun during SNF

9 Dec 2013, 09:37 AM

jeez the beta forums are full of leaky little bitches
9 Dec 2013, 09:38 AM

Permanently Banned
I think very few people would complain about a reduction to the negative movement modifier in deep snow.

The temperature gauge "time to freeze" on infantry could also be increased slightly.

I think if overall the negative effects of Cold Tech where reduced, it would be well received.
9 Dec 2013, 10:32 AM

In other news, Noun sounds funny with broken mike.

Unfortunately it is not his microphone, but his vocal cords that are broken.
9 Dec 2013, 11:00 AM
Donator 33

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2013, 10:32 AMQvazar

Unfortunately it is not his microphone, but his vocal cords that are broken.

Damn. Kudos for attending a live stream then B-)
9 Dec 2013, 15:01 PM
Donator 11

I was not able to watch yesterday :(

Did they even discuss about the Soviet Industry commander ? if so, what did they say ?
9 Dec 2013, 15:13 PM

I think he just said that the build speed buff (instant tanks) is removed from Soviet Industry. I doubt this is enough but the 2x scatter increase while moving should decrease the effectiveness of particularly T70s. Although they don't have a huge scatter to start with, their AoE isn't very large either, so they will deal considerably less damage while mobile.

The Elite change sounds downright idiotic and I hope it is just a miscommunication. If the stopped resource income really only lasts 10 minutes, the game vs. Elite Troops doctrine will change considerably.
Right now using it gives the Ostheer player a extremely potent tool to finish the game but it also forces him to finish it before his infantry is ground down to where he can no longer repair and support his Tiger Ace.
If those changes are true, the player using it gets the same extemely potent tool and just has to conserve his forces for 10 minutes, after which he can stomp the Soviet player. This means the Soviet player basically gets a countdown timer until he loses whereas before the Ostheer player activated his own loss countdown when using the Tiger Ace.
It has the potential to not just severely unbalance the game but will also lead to even more stalling. Right now, losing players with the Elite troops commander can already stall games very long.
The Tiger Ace needed a few slight nerfs, no buffs.
9 Dec 2013, 15:26 PM
Coder Red Badge

It's correct, the patch changes have been on the beta build for a few weeks now.

I find it hilarious how mud is being touted as a new feature. It's literally reskinned snow with different movement modifiers. That's literally all it is. They took snow and turned it brown. That was the big announcement. Brown snow.
9 Dec 2013, 15:42 PM

Permanently Banned
It's correct, the patch changes have been on the beta build for a few weeks now.

I find it hilarious how mud is being touted as a new feature. It's literally reskinned snow with different movement modifiers. That's literally all it is. They took snow and turned it brown. That was the big announcement. Brown snow.

I wasn't given the impression it was a big announcement. Sounded more like a 'oh by the way'
9 Dec 2013, 15:46 PM

It really depends how they implement it.

Something tells me they'll either just use it like river crossings (river is low at this position) or they go ape-shit and make a whole swamp map with several rivers and lots of mud. Imagine Pripyat Summer with deep snow on all spots where no grass or trees are growing.
9 Dec 2013, 15:57 PM

Well, now elite commander players just will call-in the Tiger Ace and will hide it playing defensively as many time as they can until they can get resources again.

Not only Sovier players should mine all their territory and ready defenses for the Ace, but they will have to be offensive too...

Preposterous.
9 Dec 2013, 15:57 PM
Coder Red Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2013, 15:42 PMRazh

I wasn't given the impression it was a big announcement. Sounded more like a 'oh by the way'

Fair enough, it was supposed to be "cool new stuff". That was really the only new thing announced since the patch info has been up in beta for two weeks.
9 Dec 2013, 15:58 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Mud played a huge role on the Eastern Front in WW2. I'm glad it has been added to the game, as it will give the game more historic character. Some people may not care at all about the historic character of this game, but I for one do.

I'm more concerned that the "Tiger Ace", which I find to be a quite ridiculously broken unit, wasn't significantly nerfed or better yet, completely redesigned.
9 Dec 2013, 16:01 PM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 22

Fair enough, it was supposed to be "cool new stuff". That was really the only new thing announced since the patch info has been up in beta for two weeks.

Steam workshop for maps is pretty nice. Better replay features are good. Ingame invites.
9 Dec 2013, 16:10 PM
Coder Red Badge

True, though "better replay features" isn't really much considering it's been promised before and is vague as all hell. Steam workshop is a good step and something Relic should be pushing for instead of relying on commanders for revenue.
9 Dec 2013, 16:29 PM

Regarding the tiger Ace, I doubt you would be able to hide while waiting 10 mins, be a use your army would drain too much MP, you would have nothing left after 10 mins.

The reason you can nurse an army with the ace out, is because of how much the ace protects a large part of the map and draws fire.

In 1v1s I highly suspect any game to be won or lost within 10mins, however the German plays it.

In big team games though, the ace is a lot easier to kill, t34s to ram are in no short supply. So I think that is the reason for the change... So it is less suicidal for an entire team when 1 person calls it.

If it happens in 1v1 that someone sits defensively with ace for 10 mins, soviet probably didn't try hard enough drain them elsewhere.
9 Dec 2013, 16:35 PM

If they manage to implement it correctly, then why not?
9 Dec 2013, 16:44 PM
Coder Red Badge

I don't care that it's being implemented. I think it's a bad idea design-wise, but whatever, that's just my opinion. I just think it's funny how it's being called new, when all they're doing is taking snow and colouring it brown. The underlying mechanics are identical to deep snow. It isn't new at all.
9 Dec 2013, 17:08 PM

The mud addition is interesting only if their are no random factors related to it. I mean it's effects are always the same. I wouldn't like to see a tank stuck in the mud for a random amount of time.

If the effects are predictable then it's a new tactical asset. If not, it will be a pain in the...

We will have to see the implementation for the final answer.

The least random in the game's critical aspect the better the game is.
9 Dec 2013, 19:22 PM

I just think it's funny how it's being called new, when all they're doing is taking snow and colouring it brown. The underlying mechanics are identical to deep snow. It isn't new at all.

In that respect you are absolutely right.
9 Dec 2013, 20:04 PM

MUD COMMANDER only 3.99$
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment