Login

russian armor

question about beta

Kat
21 Dec 2012, 18:57 PM

Yup, you're in beta if you're in Alpha

Would it be all stages of beta or just later ones? I doubt all those 1k+ alpha people will have granted access to the first stage where (supposedly) only very close circle of players will be testing it. Unless the whole policy on beta has changed.
23 Dec 2012, 12:56 PM

I would assume all beta stages will be accessible by those who were part of the alpha. Logistically, it would just be easier to do so. Alpha also had a limited planned run, then we ended up with a huge number of players and an extra, what, week, week and a half of playtime? If the alpha was any indication, beta is going to be huge.
24 Dec 2012, 10:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2012, 18:57 PMKat

Would it be all stages of beta or just later ones? I doubt all those 1k+ alpha people will have granted access to the first stage where (supposedly) only very close circle of players will be testing it. Unless the whole policy on beta has changed.

Well, the alpha was kinda tested with a very close circle of players, wasn't it? I mean world wide a couple of thousand people IS pretty small bunch.
25 Dec 2012, 17:46 PM

Seems like everyone who wanted a key got one except me. No Christmas giveaway, no SNF giving keys anymore even... sad :(
25 Dec 2012, 17:49 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Relic and THQ are on vacation and there is no active COH2 at the moment. Just be patient, January is gonna kick your ass :)
25 Dec 2012, 23:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Dec 2012, 17:46 PMSolver
Seems like everyone who wanted a key got one except me. No Christmas giveaway, no SNF giving keys anymore even... sad :(

Makes me wonder if those of us who already had beta keys before getting into alpha can give ours away somehow. Unless there's some sort of tier system with the closed beta and I can get in earlier with the beta key I won, I have no need for it and wouldn't mind handing it out to someone else.
26 Dec 2012, 04:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Makes me wonder if those of us who already had beta keys before getting into alpha can give ours away somehow. Unless there's some sort of tier system with the closed beta and I can get in earlier with the beta key I won, I have no need for it and wouldn't mind handing it out to someone else.

i think we should be able to but thats just me.
26 Dec 2012, 12:33 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

You make a good point. I think many people will have multiple keys now (winning them on a show, going to a convention, pre-ordering)... it would be nice if a player could give away extra keys to friends.

After the snafu with the official forums access, I won't be jumping to make such requests from Lynx, particularly if such a benefit would require any manual work. Let's just see how things go.
26 Dec 2012, 15:31 PM

I would be head over heels excited if that were possible.
31 Dec 2012, 16:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Dec 2012, 15:31 PMSolver
I would be head over heels excited if that were possible.

Or you could pre-order the game at this point and get January beta access.
31 Dec 2012, 17:30 PM

Anybody know when the jan access hits? Probably not for a few days minimum since I'm sure the Relic guys are still on vacation.
1 Jan 2013, 11:43 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Anybody know when the jan access hits? Probably not for a few days minimum since I'm sure the Relic guys are still on vacation.

nope no one but relic and maybe thq know and im not even sure they know yet. :P
1 Jan 2013, 19:56 PM

Or you could pre-order the game at this point and get January beta access.

If the beta offer with pre-order does not expire soon, I'll do that in two weeks, I'm sadly a bit strapped for cash until then.
2 Jan 2013, 15:24 PM

since beta wont be under NDA, at least open beta, will replay system be activated on this coh2.org? did Relic confirm anything about replay beeing available during beta?
2 Jan 2013, 15:40 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I think beta will be under NDA too :o
2 Jan 2013, 15:41 PM
Honorary Member Badge

since beta wont be under NDA, at least open beta, will replay system be activated on this coh2.org? did Relic confirm anything about replay beeing available during beta?

We are still working on the implementation of the replay section, but we're making progress =) Dont expect it for the Beta though.
2 Jan 2013, 16:12 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Our aim is to get our Replay section live as soon as Relic/THQ allow us to post COH2 replays.
Moy
2 Jan 2013, 17:03 PM

Any news on this?
3 Jan 2013, 12:47 PM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I will ask THQ and let you know :)
3 Jan 2013, 13:55 PM

doesn't really matter... if you want in on the beta: support the developers and pre-order. if you want to give keys to your friends so they can try it out: fine, but there'll also be an open beta period later on that they can join.

you can't complain either way.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS