Login

russian armor

Relic is updating VCoH

PAGES (13)down
1 Dec 2013, 21:17 PM

This is great news.

How about a celebratory SNF tournament once it goes live? A little while after the current series of course, depending on when it is released.

Well in the mean time to boost bug testing I've made this http://www.coh2.org/topic/11460/company-of-heroes-beta-tournament
3 Dec 2013, 22:57 PM

i love being back in business COH1 OR DIE BABY
4 Dec 2013, 02:58 AM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

2 out of 3 games tonight ended in drophack. :/

Fortunately I got the win and no disputes. Is it still giving the win to both players 100%?
4 Dec 2013, 08:14 AM

I dont think its drophacks Bud the game always ends in lag messages for some reason the same thing happened in all the games we played so it must be a bug. :lol:
4 Dec 2013, 14:13 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

I had one game where it ended normally. The other two it lagged and then i got the "arbitrated" popup.
4 Dec 2013, 14:26 PM

Seems to be a little more selective with the wins, which is a step in the right direction.
4 Dec 2013, 17:10 PM

my very first game i played ended with my opponent dropping (i stayed in the game, unable to control my units, but my ressources were accumulating and the VPs were ticking). he messaged me (while i was still in game) about how i drophacked him... (fyi, i stayed in game, was unable to cap any VPs and lost due to drain... the game showed up as a loss for me, and win for my opponent, so at least it got that right...)

i have yet to finish a game normally, most games end in disconnects within the first few minutes of gameplay. custom games are probably even worse, because you can't connect to half of the games that are shown... sometimes you just played a custom game and go back to search a new one, only to see the game that you just finished playing still showing up after several refreshes (it even shows you being in the game lobby).

in the end, i'm still grateful for the support it's still getting and that we at least have the map unticking back. leaderboards are supposed to be better now too, don't really know about that though.
4 Dec 2013, 17:20 PM

my very first game i played ended with my opponent dropping (i stayed in the game, unable to control my units, but my ressources were accumulating and the VPs were ticking). he messaged me (while i was still in game) about how i drophacked him... (fyi, i stayed in game, was unable to cap any VPs and lost due to drain... the game showed up as a loss for me, and win for my opponent, so at least it got that right...)

This is exactly what has happened to me various times now in AT and in basic. Got every time a loss,
5 Dec 2013, 09:16 AM

I havnt had a single game so far that ended with a problem :O
5 Dec 2013, 09:21 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

Same :o
5 Dec 2013, 09:44 AM

Saw that they are also gonna stream vCoH on the official stream. It started with Breaking Brad being tired of the current meta-game in CoH2 multiplayer, so he went PvE with VonIvan doing Theatre of War for a week. Now it's back to vCoH. Just wow, Relic whos your mastermind forcing you into all these retarded decisions of design?
5 Dec 2013, 23:07 PM

Just played a game, about 30 minutes in I found I could no longer control anything in game, through the mouse or keyboard. I could still click on units, move around the map, change game settings etc and pressing the delete key on a building would bring the second screen with the option to scuttle it, but I couldn't then actually scuttle it.
3 of 9 Relic postsRelic 5 Dec 2013, 23:53 PM

Update coming tomorrow or Monday which should fix a lot of the issues.
6 Dec 2013, 00:07 AM

6 Dec 2013, 00:12 AM

6 Dec 2013, 04:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Dec 2013, 23:53 PMNoun
Update coming tomorrow or Monday which should fix a lot of the issues.

Nice going.
Even willing to buy patch to fix coh all online features if SEGA can do it. 10$ or 20$ whatever it takes to buy it. People will return to coh due to that, might give you more money than selling DLC in coh2. :P
May be give option for people to buy or play at steam hosted server like that.
6 Dec 2013, 04:42 AM

Nice going.
Even willing to buy patch to fix coh all online features if SEGA can do it. 10$ or 20$ whatever it takes to buy it. People will return to coh due to that, might give you more money than selling DLC in coh2. :P
May be give option for people to buy or play at steam hosted server like that.

+1

For a long time I was really complacent about the steam switch and trusted that it would be working again soon. But its been 8 months now and we are tired of the "we really want to do this for free we owe it to you guys but we are going to half ass it" approach. Just fix the goddamn game to its exact state before the steam port but fix M10 missfire and Staghound. We will happily pay for it. This is starting to feel like going to a restaurant and not tipping because the service is incredibly shitty, when we would much rather the servers just done their fucking jobs and paid the tip. I don't blame Relic for the servers going down or the shitty steam port from Smoking Gun, but I do blame them for somebody not sticking their foot up Smoking Guns ass until it was fixed or not seeking another resolution.
6 Dec 2013, 05:10 AM

+1

I don't think they could do it that way though...I would be happy to donate if the money could be guaranteed to exclusively go to servers, fixes and final balance changes.

I would donate even if it benefits a lot of freeloaders, because I know they can't get away with requesting EVERYONE pay $10 to fix the game.

6 Dec 2013, 07:30 AM
Donator 22

yea, put a DONATE button into the game :-)

or even better, display it on the WIN screen. lol. I would push it quarterly.
thank you for the update info!
6 Dec 2013, 08:28 AM

Vcoh BEST GAME EVER MADE
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 28
Germany 566

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W