Login

russian armor

MG 42 The Most Useless Unit In The Game

PAGES (13)down
29 Nov 2013, 11:51 AM

Permanently Banned
This has nothing to do with easymode. And the Maxim was even sillier at beginning of Coh2.

MG42 is a POS. Understating that serves no purpose.
29 Nov 2013, 12:58 PM

Of course it does. Maxim deserved its nerf so did MG42. Not going back to this stage again is the key issue here.
29 Nov 2013, 13:06 PM

Permanently Banned
The key issue is NOT not going back to the previous balance.

The key issue is BALANCING MG42!
29 Nov 2013, 13:50 PM

Omg talking to you.
Don't act like this unit is completely broken because its not. All it needs is a bit of suppression increase so it suppress a bit faster and it's good to go.
We both agree MG42 needs tweaking. How about we continue this discussion after the upcoming changes so we all know where we stand.
29 Nov 2013, 14:42 PM

Permanently Banned
MG42 is the top non-Commander balance issue at this moment.

Nobody has said its "completely broken", as you are imaginarily reading and falsely implying that anyone has.

Suppression increase is only one of many possible options, and until the very second a change goes live, there is every reason to continue discussing it, both here and on the beta.
29 Nov 2013, 15:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 14:42 PMNullist
MG42 is the top non-Commander balance issue at this moment.

Nobody has said its "completely broken", as you are imaginarily reading and falsely implying that anyone has.

Suppression increase is only one of many possible options, and until the very second a change goes live, there is every reason to continue discussing it, both here and on the beta.

I'm with Nullist here in terms of balance priorities.
The mg play is and was the bread and butter of the german early game as is flanking for the soviet's.
29 Nov 2013, 18:34 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Nov 2013, 11:21 AMNullist
This is the most outstanding balance issue currently, barring DLC Commanders.

The MG42 is not doing its job adequately, especially considering the signficicant detractants it has as longer setup time, slower suppression and being only 4man.

The wider arc, better DPS and faster Pin, which are supposed to be its advantages, matter very little in actual ingame effect.

The Dusche is a separate DLC specific issue which also needs addressing, but it has certainly even more starkly highlighted how shitty the MG42 is.

The only nerf it needed IMO was removing the retarded bulletin and nerfing survivability. I never found the Suppression being OP. I mean its an MG right it should insta suppress squads. ( Atleast IRL soldiers would hide even before its starts shooting =) ) But its old survivability was what made it so OP. I mean before the nerfs I managed to pin 4 cons squads without loosing a man while moving it to another possition.
30 Nov 2013, 02:26 AM

at current state i only find HMG42 useful is when i leave a gren with LMG42 at front of HMG42 serve to as a spotter, meat shield, support, with the extra sight provide by the gren, HMG42 can serve its role to lock down the area for a quite long period of time. if HMG42 is try to lockdown a area by itself... it is laughable because a single con can force it on retreat or wipe them
30 Nov 2013, 11:25 AM

at current state i only find HMG42 useful is when i leave a gren with LMG42 at front of HMG42 serve to as a spotter, meat shield, support, with the extra sight provide by the gren, HMG42 can serve its role to lock down the area for a quite long period of time. if HMG42 is try to lockdown a area by itself... it is laughable because a single con can force it on retreat or wipe them

You got it spot on: the MG42 is not supposed to lock down an area by itself.

So everything is working as it should.

Keep calm and carry on!
30 Nov 2013, 12:41 PM
Patrion 26

Keep calm and carry on!

But Dushka and Maxims should..... Yeap totally balanced
30 Nov 2013, 18:50 PM

Keep calm and carry on!

I dont get it, so a maxim can lock an entire area off by itself stopping multiple squads at once yet, yet an MG 42 which was superior in all aspects cant lock down an area and cant even reliably suppress 1 squad. You find this balanced?

Relic wanted to nerf machine guns so they became support weapons and not front line units , the maxim and dushka are exactly that ,front line units that need virtually no support.
30 Nov 2013, 20:26 PM

I dont get it, so a maxim can lock an entire area off by itself stopping multiple squads at once yet, yet an MG 42 which was superior in all aspects cant lock down an area and cant even reliably suppress 1 squad. You find this balanced?

Relic wanted to nerf machine guns so they became support weapons and not front line units , the maxim and dushka are exactly that ,front line units that need virtually no support.

That's just false. A Maxim can lock down one gren squad but falls easily to 2, and that's before you factor in LMGs and riflenades. Not to mention PGrens can almost ignore them. If Maxims were that powerful they would be spammed, and they aren't because they're very much counterable. Maxims with Conscript support are powerful, but that's normal, and so is the MG42 if properly supported.

30 Nov 2013, 22:02 PM
Patrion 26

That's just false. A Maxim can lock down one gren squad but falls easily to 2, and that's before you factor in LMGs and riflenades. Not to mention PGrens can almost ignore them. If Maxims were that powerful they would be spammed, and they aren't because they're very much counterable. Maxims with Conscript support are powerful, but that's normal, and so is the MG42 if properly supported.

If you suck at Micro maybe you need a conscript support for the maxim.
Playing soviets I can lock down an area without support just suppress move suppress another squad, its not easy but its defenetly a lot easier than trying to achieve so with 1 MG42
30 Nov 2013, 22:38 PM

Only noob cry. MG42 is fine, if you use this as support.
1 Dec 2013, 00:56 AM

If you suck at Micro maybe you need a conscript support for the maxim.
Playing soviets I can lock down an area without support just suppress move suppress another squad, its not easy but its defenetly a lot easier than trying to achieve so with 1 MG42

Then you don't play against good players. Against anyone decent a lone Maxim is a delaying action at best until two grens/a 221/PGrens chase it off the field. Hell, a gren squad in reliable heavy cover/a building can almost slug it out against it, and definitely wins if a riflenade is involved. And of course the rapid-fire mortar is very effective against a Maxim, and a sniper is useful too. There are many tools that can take out a Maxim as soon as it comes out (provided it comes after a few conscripts). If your opponent rushes them, laugh, cap around him and gives him a taste of FHT.
1 Dec 2013, 10:16 AM
Patrion 26

Then you don't play against good players. Against anyone decent a lone Maxim is a delaying action at best until two grens/a 221/PGrens chase it off the field. Hell, a gren squad in reliable heavy cover/a building can almost slug it out against it, and definitely wins if a riflenade is involved. And of course the rapid-fire mortar is very effective against a Maxim, and a sniper is useful too. There are many tools that can take out a Maxim as soon as it comes out (provided it comes after a few conscripts). If your opponent rushes them, laugh, cap around him and gives him a taste of FHT.

Because dodging a riflenade is hard. The fact is you need more than 2 grens to counter a maxim, while to counter an MG42 you only need 1 squad with molotov =)
1 Dec 2013, 11:18 AM

Permanently Banned
Just ignore the guy. Hes gonna look pretty silly when MG42 gets buffed and then it will be readily apparent who has had the l2p issues if he couldnt deal with Mg42 even in its current nerfed state.
raw
1 Dec 2013, 12:47 PM

MG42 is one of the strongest units in the game and on some maps it's deciding. It's still possible to play ULTRAFORTRESS2053 with them but you can't set it up by lolrallying them across the map anymore.
1 Dec 2013, 13:23 PM

i have lost games where i don't see any cons in the map, just dshk's, i find that totally unbalanced and unfair, and i agree that the soviet mg's are front line units today.
1 Dec 2013, 13:46 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post1 Dec 2013, 12:47 PMraw
MG42 is one of the strongest units in the game

Saved for future reference.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 57

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias