Login

russian armor

MG 42 The Most Useless Unit In The Game

PAGES (13)down
9 Dec 2013, 13:18 PM

Permanently Banned
Case in point. You are exactly what I was talking about. Your post demonstrates every single element of that.

You have no idea how many PMs Ive had that mention you specifically as exactly what I described above.

As to any "irony", I have over 100x more posts than you, have read everything there is to read here, have been here since launch, and the majority of of balance issues Ive supported/proposed have been implemented. Even after starting playing Sov, none of my previous views have been significantly changed, infact they have now been informedly reinforced. They where as accurate then as they are now.

You, on the otherhand, are just blatatantly ignored and laughed at by every quality poster Im in contact with. Their advise is to just completely disregard you, and that you simply destroy discussion and provide nothing of value. Just derailment, incorrect info, missing the point, having no actual idea what you are talking about and ultimately being irreversibly Sov biased.

Ive asked you several times previously to not address me, but even that, you cant or wont stop.

Your posts, in this thread alone, inlight of the impending and justified MG42 changenthat you refused to acknowledge, are standing testimony to that.

I have no interest in your views whatsoever, and nwither does any other informed poster.
I ask you, dor the third time now, to never again address me. I want nothing to do with you.
9 Dec 2013, 14:12 PM

I agree with Nullist.
He isn't free of bias himself - nor am I or anyone, for that matter, - but at least he is posting in a mainly constructive manner and in the posts he makes in a non-constructive manner, he was often lured into petty arguments with people who harbor personal animosity against him. He certainly isn't perfect.

However, compared to some people with blatant favoritism for one side, his main posting style is leagues above theirs. Disagreeing with him isn't bad, nor disagreeing with anyone, really.
These people are trying to grind favoritism and misconceptions into a balance thread without any evidence (replays, videos, stats, etc.) to back it up while at the same time ignoring evidence, personally attacking people and actively trying to derail constructive discussions.

In a balance thread, people should at least try to consider "both sides" of a discussion topic and try not to take "one of the sides". Ideally, there shouldn't be "a side to be taken" but as I said, people aren't perfect. So all people can do is to at least try to be at their best rather than trying to stupe the forum down.

On topic, the teased 10% suppression buff will likely mean that the MG42 still needs a bit longer to suppress than the maxim (has then ~30% more suppression per second whereas right now it is ~40-45% higher). The main reason why the Maxim will suppress in one burst is its longer burst duration. So keep this in mind when testing the changes in the next patch and discussing them: The number of bursts means little.
I expect the current situation of "one suppresses faster, the other takes longer to suppress but pins faster" to persist. However, I think variances like the ones created by small light cover areas to be of smaller importance.
9 Dec 2013, 16:44 PM

Ah okay good to now. Thanks!

I was wrong sorry. It is still there even though it shouldn't imo.
9 Dec 2013, 16:48 PM

Permanently Banned

I was wrong sorry. It is still there even though it shouldn't imo.

Its fine that it is. MG42 STILL has lower suppression than Maxim.
Nonetheless the status quo shohld be that a Con should NEVER be able to charge through the arc without getting suppressed. Either avoid it, or go around it, never through it, as Sov are now doing, and ridiculously trying to claim that is "ok".

9 Dec 2013, 17:04 PM

Its fine that it is. MG42 STILL has lower suppression than Maxim.
Nonetheless the status quo shohld be that a Con should NEVER be able to charge through the arc without getting suppressed. Either avoid it, or go around it, never through it, as Sov are now doing, and ridiculously trying to claim that is "ok".

We'll see if it's fine or not with the next patch.
9 Dec 2013, 17:09 PM

Permanently Banned

We'll see if it's fine or not with the next patch.

Its probably not enough of a buff tbh.

Nothing should be running through a MG42s arc.
You go AROUND it, not into it or through it.

But yes, we will see.
9 Dec 2013, 18:36 PM
Patrion 26

But yes, we will see.

This is where you are wrong. 2 cons should be able to charge through the arc and 1 should be able to reach molotov range if the ostheer player doesnt change the target the MG should shoot. But by no means I want to see 1 cons squad being able to run through the arc into MG face and be able to throw molotovs
9 Dec 2013, 18:49 PM

But yes, we will see.

This is what we had a few months ago, it was horrible. The 10% suppression buff gives it enough suppression. The only thing that's left is an increase in the horizontal traverse speed; the previous nerf to this speed was a bit drastic, making it a bit awkward to switch targets.
9 Dec 2013, 18:57 PM

But yes, we will see.

yeah sure so double mg guarding each other would be almost unflankable by infantry!

ur statement goes against the fact that hmg have to reload sometimes and negate the use of cover system.

9 Dec 2013, 18:59 PM

Case in point. You are exactly what I was talking about. Your post demonstrates every single element of that.

You have no idea how many PMs Ive had that mention you specifically as exactly what I described above.

As to any "irony", I have over 100x more posts than you, have read everything there is to read here, have been here since launch, and the majority of of balance issues Ive supported/proposed have been implemented. Even after starting playing Sov, none of my previous views have been significantly changed, infact they have now been informedly reinforced. They where as accurate then as they are now.

You, on the otherhand, are just blatatantly ignored and laughed at by every quality poster Im in contact with. Their advise is to just completely disregard you, and that you simply destroy discussion and provide nothing of value. Just derailment, incorrect info, missing the point, having no actual idea what you are talking about and ultimately being irreversibly Sov biased.

Ive asked you several times previously to not address me, but even that, you cant or wont stop.

Your posts, in this thread alone, inlight of the impending and justified MG42 changenthat you refused to acknowledge, are standing testimony to that.

I have no interest in your views whatsoever, and nwither does any other informed poster.
I ask you, dor the third time now, to never again address me. I want nothing to do with you.

So I am fanboy now even if I was always trying to stay on the even side and defended both factions? Only because I strongly disagree with stupid statements like Mark Target being OP?
I didn't even realise I am so popular that you get PM about me.
I was active in this topic in which I supported MG42 buff, MT being OP as this is just silly and in Dshka topic as in my opinion its a L2P issue. I guess disagreeing with you automatically makes one a fanboy?
9 Dec 2013, 23:41 PM

so you call people statements stupid and silly and accuse people of not knowing how to play and you are surprised at people calling you a fanboy? You cannot take the high road and the low road at the same time unless you are running for the President of the USA.
9 Dec 2013, 23:58 PM

so you call people statements stupid and silly and accuse people of not knowing how to play and you are surprised at people calling you a fanboy? You cannot take the high road and the low road at the same time unless you are running for the President of the USA.

Funny because with Soviet Industry being what it is right now I usually play Germans recently.

If the statement is silly then it is just saying the truth isn't? I had some silly ideas before (like T-34/85 issue) and it has been pointed out to me as such. Nothing bad in being wrong.
Also when I use term learn 2 play I have general idea that goes with it in mind, I am not pointing at anyone nor I ever did.
10 Dec 2013, 00:30 AM

This is where you are wrong. 2 cons should be able to charge through the arc and 1 should be able to reach molotov range if the ostheer player doesnt change the target the MG should shoot. But by no means I want to see 1 cons squad being able to run through the arc into MG face and be able to throw molotovs

That's true. It was like that in vCoH and should be like that today. MGs are meant to suppress one unit apiece (assuming no micro). Not to negate entire groups of infantry by simple virtue of existing. Even the Dushka (or however it's called) cannot do that.
10 Dec 2013, 00:43 AM

That's true. It was like that in vCoH and should be like that today. MGs are meant to suppress one unit apiece (assuming no micro). Not to negate entire groups of infantry by simple virtue of existing. Even the Dushka (or however it's called) cannot do that.

Agree, otherwise it will be like it was before the nerf I feel.
10 Dec 2013, 00:44 AM

This man speaks the truth. It should suppress both squads if they are close but if one approaches at the very left and other approaches from the very right then the MG should suppress only one of them. It was like this in vCoh and the same should be applied in this game.
10 Dec 2013, 01:52 AM

This man speaks the truth. It should suppress both squads if they are close but if one approaches at the very left and other approaches from the very right then the MG should suppress only one of them. It was like this in vCoh and the same should be applied in this game.

In vcoh, if Im not mistaken, squads in close proximity to each other would get suppressed and the more entities in the group, the higher the suppression. I notice the maxim will suppress 2 units if they are near each other but one is not directly targeted. However the mg42 won't, unless units are entangled. That shouldn't happen imo. IF you cant be bothered to flank ,you should not be rewarded.
10 Dec 2013, 01:56 AM
Developer Relic Badge
Donator 11

I think we have discussed enough about the thread. MGs42 will be buffed next patch. Now please wait for it and then let's all comment after we've all challenged Nullist in a 1vs1 :P
10 Dec 2013, 06:57 AM

I think we have discussed enough about the thread. MGs42 will be buffed next patch. Now please wait for it and then let's all comment after we've all challenged Nullist in a 1vs1 :P

I will resurrect sluzcast just to cast those. Like 3-4 at 8x should do.

10 Dec 2013, 21:44 PM

'justice has been done.'

Lol. Did he really say that?

Judge Dredd comes down hard on the Forces of Evil once again!
10 Dec 2013, 21:57 PM

Permanently Banned
You where wrong. Deal with it.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 36
unknown 22
Poland 11
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #