Login

russian armor

MG 42 The Most Useless Unit In The Game

PAGES (13)down
3 Dec 2013, 10:44 AM
Patrion 26

how exactly it would become an effective standalone too? Mortars would still counter it no problem, now you will be required with more than just 1 conscript to dislodge it ( as it supposed to be right from the start) scout cars still counter it and snipers too. The point of MG is to stop infantry, at the moment it just doesnt do it.
3 Dec 2013, 13:48 PM

That's what you keep saying.

But it's still not true. It happens with one con, but not more often than one gren doing the Lucky nade vs. maxim.

There's nothing to see here.
3 Dec 2013, 16:21 PM

Only wermacht players want all units the same as soviets or better. If soviets have anything better, then crying. Loudest noobs have few play as Soviets. Play both side and learn how effective fight.
3 Dec 2013, 17:26 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2013, 16:21 PMAradan
Loudest noobs have few play as Soviets. Play both side and learn how effective fight.

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198000848160

Ive read every post on Central since launch, and for real, as biased as some Ost fanbois have been, they cant hold a candle to the extreme extent and form of Sov whine, also how deliberately Sov fanbois fuck up balance discussion, either by derailing with irrelevancies or stonewalling it with L2P arguments.

Whereas Ost fanbois have been mostly an occassional annoyance and easily discounted and refuted with stats and replays, after which they have the good sense to shut up, Sov whining extends not just on valid Sov problems, but into deliberstely trying to fuck up discussion on Ost necessary improvements. Not even stat posts or replays wiol stop these guys, cos they really dont give a shit about balance at all.

I dont know why that is, or what causes it, but that is my informed conclusion.
As many completely biased Ost fanbois that have made an ass of themselves, you can triple that easily when it comes to irrational Sov ones.

Take it from me, with 2.2k posts and having read everything that has been posted here since launch, the blatant extents sov fanbois are prepared to go to, is way beyond what the fewer Ost fanbois have. No competition or comparison really.

Balance discussion should be about improving the game, not forcing your own priviledge at any cost. Especially not at the cost of unilateral balance.

Inb4 someone tries to claim me as Ost fanboi, when infact I have supported many buffs to Sov, and nerfs to Ost.
If you didnt know that, that just means you missed it, not that it didnt happen. Currently at 21 Sov matches, and I will stick with Sov till 100 matches, as I have 100+ Ost matches. So fsr nothing in my Sov play has countermanded my earlier observations about unilateral balance. Infact, they have only reinforced them.
3 Dec 2013, 17:37 PM

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198000848160

Ive read every post on Central since launch, and for real, as biased as some Ost fanbois have been, they cant hold a candle to the extreme extent and form of Sov whine, also how deliberately Sov fanbois fuck up balance discussion, either by derailing with irrelevancies or stonewalling it with L2P arguments.

I dont know why that is, or what causes it, but that is my informed conclusion.
As many completely biased Ost fanbois that have made an ass of themselves, you can triple that easily when it comes to irrational Sov ones.

Take it from me, with 2.2k posts and having read everything that has been posted here since launch, the blatant extents sov fanbois are prepared to go to, is way beyond what the few Ost fanbois have. No competition or comparison really.

Balance discussion should be about improving the game, not forcing your own priviledge at any cost. Especially not at the cost of unilateral balance.

Inb4 someone tries to claim me as Ost fanboi, when infact I have supported many buffs to Sov, and nerfs to Ost.
If you didnt know that, that just means you missed it, not that it didnt happen. Currently at 21 Sov matches, and I will stick with Sov till 100 matches, as I have 100+ Ost matches. So fsr nothing in my Sov play has countermanded my earlier observations about unilateral balance. Infact, they have only reinforced them.

I dont want nerf every german unit and boost every soviet. I write only what i know, not i every topic.
3 Dec 2013, 17:42 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2013, 17:37 PMAradan

I dont want nerf every german unit and boost every soviet. I write only what i know, not i every topic.

Ok, man. I want to believe you, and that your purpose is better balance.

Do you really feel the Mg42 is performing its role atm?
Do you really thi k it doesnt need some improvements specific to perfor ing its job for Ost?

Personally, Ive been playing Sov recently, and I find it very easy to a) flank or charge it with Oorah b) burn it with molotov c) force it off even with small arms fire before it can reposition.
3 Dec 2013, 19:24 PM

Ok, man. I want to believe you, and that your purpose is better balance.

Do you really feel the Mg42 is performing its role atm?
Do you really thi k it doesnt need some improvements specific to perfor ing its job for Ost?

Personally, Ive been playing Sov recently, and I find it very easy to a) flank or charge it with Oorah b) burn it with molotov c) force it off even with small arms fire before it can reposition.

MG is support weapon. No one man army. If you use one mg + one grenadier squad, have you any problem versus two squad conscripts? Alone MG must by easy target everytime, if oponent use double manpower versus it.
One strong side destroy game. Only one viable strategy destroy game. The same units on both side destroy game.
3 Dec 2013, 19:56 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2013, 19:24 PMAradan

MG is support weapon. No one man army. If you use one mg + one grenadier squad, have you any problem versus two squad conscripts? Alone MG must by easy target everytime, if oponent use double manpower versus it.
One strong side destroy game. Only one viable strategy destroy game. The same units on both side destroy game.

Case 1: no spotter. MG vs con.

Hoorah after first burst (if not supressed), molotov. If i get supress im mostly sure im on range to just thow a molotov.

Case 2: spotter. Gren - Mg vs 2 cons.

I can escape right before the 2nd/3rd burst supress me due to being on the edge of the arc. I can bait with one squad n molotov with the second one. Decrew or either make retreat most of the time the mg. Unless gren with LMG, the gren doesnt do enough damage to make me not ignore him and go straight for the mg. (early game i have molotov n he doesnt have anything)

Suggestion: why dont supression gives penalization to range of abilities? (This would apply and help both sides)
3 Dec 2013, 19:59 PM

3 Dec 2013, 20:01 PM
Patrion 26

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2013, 19:24 PMAradan

So you want to say that now we have multiple viable strategies?
Current meta is cons/gren spamm all the way. It`s hilarious that you actually try to make a point about something. MG 42 is a support/suppression unit meaning it supposed to support not be supported. If they buff the suppression ( not the Damage) I don`t see how it changes the fact the you should actually Flank it and not oorah into its face with 1 or 2 conscripts. Ideally you should use 1 conscript as a meat shield and get suppressed and the second one should oorah out of the cone of fire of the MG42.
At the moment you can`t do that against a maxim. Only way to actually dislodge it is A. Lucky nade that will obliterate the crew. B. have a gren to come from behind the maxim ( again the sov player must have his attention somwhere else in order for him to stay long enough so you could get close to him).
3 Dec 2013, 22:16 PM

So you want to say that now we have multiple viable strategies?
Current meta is cons/gren spamm all the way. It`s hilarious that you actually try to make a point about something. MG 42 is a support/suppression unit meaning it supposed to support not be supported. If they buff the suppression ( not the Damage) I don`t see how it changes the fact the you should actually Flank it and not oorah into its face with 1 or 2 conscripts. Ideally you should use 1 conscript as a meat shield and get suppressed and the second one should oorah out of the cone of fire of the MG42.
At the moment you can`t do that against a maxim. Only way to actually dislodge it is A. Lucky nade that will obliterate the crew. B. have a gren to come from behind the maxim ( again the sov player must have his attention somwhere else in order for him to stay long enough so you could get close to him).

Veterans CoH1 remeber how flank MG. Two squads from diferent direction.
New players want super mighty MG. Only place and forget.
Strong MGs kill early game.
3 Dec 2013, 22:18 PM

I totally agree with "theking10"
3 Dec 2013, 22:21 PM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post3 Dec 2013, 22:16 PMAradan
New players want super mighty MG.

There it is again! That same old tired misrepresentation!
Guess I was wrong about you.
3 Dec 2013, 22:22 PM

Unless gren with LMG, the gren doesnt do enough damage to make me not ignore him and go straight for the mg. (early game i have molotov n he doesnt have anything)

This.. The reason I don't even bother with mg42s anymore. Cons ignore grens, rush mg, force mg retreat, then gren is forced to fight multiple cons. So whats the point of building an mg instead of more grens?
3 Dec 2013, 22:26 PM

Soviets have 2 mgs that kill and suppress better, with fast set and pack up time. But I'm not hearing rallies to nerf them from those who want the mg42 to be weak sauce.
3 Dec 2013, 22:38 PM
Patrion 26

You either don`t understand english or you just a sov fanboy who doesn`t want MG42 to be viable.
I played VCoH, and there is no way 2 units can take an MG head on in that game.
In CoH2 though 1 cons squad can oorah and get in range of the molotov.....
With 2 cons its even easier.
4 Dec 2013, 03:12 AM

You either don`t understand english or you just a sov fanboy who doesn`t want MG42 to be viable.
I played VCoH, and there is no way 2 units can take an MG head on in that game.
In CoH2 though 1 cons squad can oorah and get in range of the molotov.....
With 2 cons its even easier.

2 rifles from different angles will serve the MG crew's own backsides to them for dinner 100% of the time.

The great difference between CoH and CoH2 is OOrah. Rifles didn't have it. Concripts do. And there's no denying that an instant speed burst doesn't help MG use in the early game. I've always been an advocate of delaying it until T1 or T2 is built. But then again, the COH2 MG is far more survivable than the vCoH one (thanks to having 4 men and bullets doing far less damage in that game) so it's not that big of a balance difference.

Give the MG42 a bit more suppression so that attacking it from the front always result in being suppressed/pinned (unless it was ambushed). We'll see how the unit works from there.
4 Dec 2013, 07:24 AM

ok let's talk about what happen to flank a MG with a base infantry unit from both side

Ost. MG42: 1 con flank from side can chase it and force it to retreat because it won't have enough time to change direction, even they manage to change direction it will jut got molotov in the face, so it is done for.

Sov. MG team: 1 gren flank from side, A, sov MG turned really fast and pin gren in 1 burst. B, Sov mg keep turning for 20sec and can't get pin on gren then retreat because Sov MG team are 6 men and soak up alot damage. if gren try firing a nade just give sov MG team time to make the turn, also i find if a gren with lmg42 is even more useless flanking sov MG as lmg42 can't fire while moving

as for fighting MG team head on:

Ost need 2 gren to fire 2 rifle nades to take it down a Sov MG team to 1 to 2 people while 1 con can run up MG42's face and toast it with 1 molotov is fair?

so Ost need 480MP and 50MU(2x25MU rifle nade) to bring it down a Maxim to 1 to 2 men then pray to shoot off the rest. In the same time soviet only need 240MP and 25MU (10MU Oorah! +15MU molotov) (with 2 con 480MP it is even easier and usually don't even need molotov)while MG42 usually don't have chance to run back because they will all burn to ash try to pack up the MG42 is balance?

4 Dec 2013, 12:53 PM

ok let's talk about what happen to flank a MG with a base infantry unit from both side

Ost. MG42: 1 con flank from side can chase it and force it to retreat because it won't have enough time to change direction, even they manage to change direction it will jut got molotov in the face, so it is done for.

Sov. MG team: 1 gren flank from side, A, sov MG turned really fast and pin gren in 1 burst. B, Sov mg keep turning for 20sec and can't get pin on gren then retreat because Sov MG team are 6 men and soak up alot damage. if gren try firing a nade just give sov MG team time to make the turn, also i find if a gren with lmg42 is even more useless flanking sov MG as lmg42 can't fire while moving

as for fighting MG team head on:

Ost need 2 gren to fire 2 rifle nades to take it down a Sov MG team to 1 to 2 people while 1 con can run up MG42's face and toast it with 1 molotov is fair?

so Ost need 480MP and 50MU(2x25MU rifle nade) to bring it down a Maxim to 1 to 2 men then pray to shoot off the rest. In the same time soviet only need 240MP and 25MU (10MU Oorah! +15MU molotov) (with 2 con 480MP it is even easier and usually don't even need molotov)while MG42 usually don't have chance to run back because they will all burn to ash try to pack up the MG42 is balance?

Your use MG is wrong. It is not front weapon. It is support for yours grens. Dont leave your MG alone, it is mistake.
4 Dec 2013, 13:28 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Dec 2013, 12:53 PMAradan

Your use MG is wrong. It is not front weapon. It is support for yours grens. Dont leave your MG alone, it is mistake.

Posters above have already made this point, even supporting the mg doesn't help much because unlike coh1 the attacking squad won't take enough damage from the supporting unit before it can molotov the mg and still turn to fight the second unit.

In Coh1 there was no rifle oorah and teching grenades had a serious cost elsewhere in your abilities in the early game.

The MG42 needs to be slightly meaner. As I believe this is going to happen I'm not too worried about it.
PAGES (13)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS