Login

russian armor

USF build orders- team games

19 Nov 2023, 21:42 PM

Hi everyone, does anyone have preferred build orders for USF in 3v3 or 4v4 ? I feel like mine aren't working. I start with 2 RM squads. Then I sort of try to gauge what would be more useful; a medic station, weapons support for zook squad, another RM squad, mortar, grenades ? This is a difficult decision because of the prevalence of flamer carriers in team games, and MG spam. I usually play AB or SpecOps if that matters, and if SpecOps, I like the Weasel due to its ability to push off flamer carriers with the 30cal. I hae great difficulty "holding my lane", so usually the only way I survive these games is to help another player, or happen to be against someone who really sucks.
22 Nov 2023, 15:38 PM

As a follow up to my own topic, I've had moderate success with going with 2 RFN squads, weapons support, 2 zook squads, then MG. Then going with whatever is appropriate for the game state at that point. As someone else stated, you can no longer out-spam Axis with USF. Still struggling with fielding hellcats in a reasonable amount of time, since at that point zooks won't get close enough to enemy armor to make a difference before they get wiped out.
28 Nov 2023, 14:50 PM

I use pretty much the same strat for both 2v2 and 3v3. I play mostly Armored battle group, but this works with anything with some minor tweaks.

WSC start MG first with Assault Engineers. If you're spec ops you can replace the engies with Weasel. If I'm facing DAK, I'll go either another MG or zooks if I see a vehicle super early. If I do get that second MG, zooks are next. You have to have them to protect against the clown car.

If it looks like I'm facing Wehr I'll probably go sniper after that first MG instead of a second MG/zooks. Zooks are next to useless against Wehr IMO. They're horrible vs. infantry (with the exception of the phosphorous rocket at Vet1) and I don't usually see impact vehicles as quick against them so I can wait for T3 or pop zooks later.

As an aside, I love the weasel for early capping and support. It's so easy to get it to Vet1 too, then you can tuck it somewhere for free early heals or just drop it back at your base and not have to build a med center.

I've been using mechanized upgrade a lot recently and getting a quick quad. They do a good bit of damage to infantry if you're careful with them and they can at least slow down the Flak HT if you're careful so it can help you hold your ground better. If you have any fuel income you can get it in 4-5 minutes. Plus Luftwaffe is such a common pick that it really comes in handy later for shooting down skill planes. You can still get it pretty quick without mechanized, but you need to hoard the munitions for the upgrade.

Don't sleep on AT's from T3 (or AB drop.) Hellcats are awesome and I use the heck out of them, but a well placed AT or two can mean the difference between holding ground or getting pushed back into your base before your T4 goes up. Chaffee's are nice, but they struggle against the range of Marders or massed Jaeger inf. Zooks cannot hold against anything beyond light vehicles. They're great against unsupported marders but that only happens against bad teams... I've also been using mortar pits a lot recently. I find them to be far more effective than the mortar team and they're pretty cost effective to set up.

Once I get to T4, it's Sherman 105's and Hellcats. This is where armor company shines with the MP and pop cap reductions for vehicles. I can get those shermans and hellcats out quicker and support more of them.

The drawback to all of this is that your WSC play has to be on point. It's not as forgiving as rifles. I don't like putting my MG's in buildings anymore. It's too easy for sturmpios to walk right up the center of fire of your MG and burst it out with a flamer. I try to keep my MG's moving and set them up to engage/cover each other. If you just leave them sitting somewhere they will get wiped out. Quad/M8/M24 all need a health amount of babysitting to be effective.

I struggle the most against DAK and am still working out how to deal with some of their stuff myself so, good luck. :)
1 Dec 2023, 00:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Nov 2023, 14:50 PMHawk
I use pretty much the same strat for both 2v2 and 3v3. I play mostly Armored battle group, but this works with anything with some minor tweaks.

WSC start MG first with Assault Engineers. If you're spec ops you can replace the engies with Weasel. If I'm facing DAK, I'll go either another MG or zooks if I see a vehicle super early. If I do get that second MG, zooks are next. You have to have them to protect against the clown car.

If it looks like I'm facing Wehr I'll probably go sniper after that first MG instead of a second MG/zooks. Zooks are next to useless against Wehr IMO. They're horrible vs. infantry (with the exception of the phosphorous rocket at Vet1) and I don't usually see impact vehicles as quick against them so I can wait for T3 or pop zooks later.

As an aside, I love the weasel for early capping and support. It's so easy to get it to Vet1 too, then you can tuck it somewhere for free early heals or just drop it back at your base and not have to build a med center.

I've been using mechanized upgrade a lot recently and getting a quick quad. They do a good bit of damage to infantry if you're careful with them and they can at least slow down the Flak HT if you're careful so it can help you hold your ground better. If you have any fuel income you can get it in 4-5 minutes. Plus Luftwaffe is such a common pick that it really comes in handy later for shooting down skill planes. You can still get it pretty quick without mechanized, but you need to hoard the munitions for the upgrade.

Don't sleep on AT's from T3 (or AB drop.) Hellcats are awesome and I use the heck out of them, but a well placed AT or two can mean the difference between holding ground or getting pushed back into your base before your T4 goes up. Chaffee's are nice, but they struggle against the range of Marders or massed Jaeger inf. Zooks cannot hold against anything beyond light vehicles. They're great against unsupported marders but that only happens against bad teams... I've also been using mortar pits a lot recently. I find them to be far more effective than the mortar team and they're pretty cost effective to set up.

Once I get to T4, it's Sherman 105's and Hellcats. This is where armor company shines with the MP and pop cap reductions for vehicles. I can get those shermans and hellcats out quicker and support more of them.

The drawback to all of this is that your WSC play has to be on point. It's not as forgiving as rifles. I don't like putting my MG's in buildings anymore. It's too easy for sturmpios to walk right up the center of fire of your MG and burst it out with a flamer. I try to keep my MG's moving and set them up to engage/cover each other. If you just leave them sitting somewhere they will get wiped out. Quad/M8/M24 all need a health amount of babysitting to be effective.

I struggle the most against DAK and am still working out how to deal with some of their stuff myself so, good luck. :)

thats very good input, thank you !
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 53
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak