Login

russian armor

Fuck it, CoH 2042

19 Aug 2023, 14:16 PM

Soldiers marching through the cold nighttime air, the platoon sergeant raises a first into the air, signaling his soldiers to freeze in place. Something isn't right. The wind around the formation starts to pick up and spin counterclockwise. Suddenly, short, stubby bursts of lightning appear impossibly out of the clear sky. The sergeant barks out to his squad to hit the dirt. Dozens of bodies hit the ground at once, save one man, transfixed. The night is lit up with the lightning, striking faster and faster until finally the sky holds a massive ring of lightning, striking itself and letting off a deep hum, winding counterclockwise.

Hands tug at the soldier's feet urging him to get down, but soon relinquish him, finally the rest of the platoon raises their heads to behold the electric circle burned into the sky. Faster and faster the circle spins, until it spins so fast that it begins to lose coherence. From its circular form a hollow donut shape appears. And somehow inside the shape, the night sky is daytime. The crackling of electricity reaches a crescendo. All of a sudden, the shape retreats into itself, the crackling reaches a fever pitch. Finally, the shape explodes out and lets out a deafening thundercrack. The men are surrounded on all sides by a cage of yellow buzzing electricity. The hole in the night sky begins to extend all around them, and the dome is quickly replaced by it.

Suddenly, the soldiers find themselves standing not in Southern Italy, but somewhere else entirely... Where it once was night, now it's day.

The soldiers, bewildered, take a look around and see-

See what? Who knows? The possibilities are endless. WW2 soldiers transported to medieval europe? Modern weaponry with scarce supply versus abundance of numbers and hand to hand combat proficiency?

Or maybe it's a warhammer crossover. Fuck it, Orks. Shitty scrap metal tanks running on the power of the noosphere versus the Sherman Jumbo. Some weirdboyz versus SSF commandos. Maybe it's a matchup worth seeing.

Or maybe the soldiers were transported to a dead world, a fungal king controlling his dead minions. Yes, fungus zombies versus German soldiers. Imagine the asymmetrical possibilities.

Now this all sounds like a game that I'd want to play, unlike some other games I know. Relic please.
19 Aug 2023, 15:08 PM

Very cool write up. Thank you for taking the time to do so.

There could be a lot of cool ideas executed with a time jump. Although I played Battlefield 2042 about 17 years ago and it doesn't feel that terribly long ago. 2062 might be a better year 😂

Edit : I'm old. It was 2142
19 Aug 2023, 18:00 PM

The coh formula has a lot of room for cool stuff beyond ww2
22 Aug 2023, 05:13 AM

I was hoping for COH3: Dinosaur Wars. Would be great if anyone on this planet was as smart or cool as John Carmack. Then we could build our own games on the Coh engine.
22 Aug 2023, 09:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2023, 05:13 AMRosbone
I was hoping for COH3: Dinosaur Wars. Would be great if anyone on this planet was as smart or cool as John Carmack. Then we could build our own games on the Coh engine.

Bro that reminds me of Dino Crisis on the Dreamcast. Nowhere near what you're talking about but that's the last good dinosaur game I remember. I played Turok but it was meh.
22 Aug 2023, 10:18 AM

i alwys liked Sci-Fi Scenarios the most.

Unfortunately that s not what the masses want
22 Aug 2023, 10:36 AM

A more exaggerated, futuristic version of the game with lots of scenery chewing violence and less moralising about the horrors of war would be cool.... Sort of like Dawn of Wa-. Wait, nevermind.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 16
Peru 7
unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %