Login

russian armor

is the coh3 game designer is a spy of coh2?

31 Jul 2023, 08:31 AM

make coh3 so shit so people go to coh2?
31 Jul 2023, 08:41 AM

WDYM?
As of last patch, the main issue is lack of map variety.
Balance and variety is good, performance is good, sound is great, planes no longer silly.

More maps, observer and replays and CoH2 is left behind.
31 Jul 2023, 09:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2023, 08:41 AMKatitof
WDYM?
Balance and variety is good, performance is good, sound is great, planes no longer silly.

USF player? maybe give all function p47 strafing
31 Jul 2023, 09:10 AM

WDYM?

No. Slow TTK, low dynamics, shitty maps, shitty sounds (especially the screams of units), shitty interface. For me, it's a shitty scale: due to the high grounds on the map, the camera became much higher, which made the infantry units tiny. In CoH1 and CoH2, the scale was such that you can see battlefield but you can also distinguish your units in detail. In CoH3, you don't see your infantry units, even though the game sells you infantry skins that which you should admire and probably won't see.

Balance is not equal to damn fun and interest. New Patch? Online continues to fall.
31 Jul 2023, 10:25 AM

USF player? maybe give all function p47 strafing

DAK.

No. Slow TTK, low dynamics, shitty maps, shitty sounds (especially the screams of units), shitty interface. For me, it's a shitty scale: due to the high grounds on the map, the camera became much higher, which made the infantry units tiny. In CoH1 and CoH2, the scale was such that you can see battlefield but you can also distinguish your units in detail. In CoH3, you don't see your infantry units, even though the game sells you infantry skins that which you should admire and probably won't see.

Balance is not equal to damn fun and interest. New Patch? Online continues to fall.

Slow TTK is not a problem.
Losing medium tanks in less then 3 seconds was not fun in CoH2.
Losing squads in 2 seconds or less also wasn't fun in CoH2 and it encouraged blobbing even more, because blobs just deleted squads.

Maps are a matter of opinion, one in 2v2 is horrible, but others are fine to me.
Sounds were improved greatly over patches and to me pointing sound as weakness is forceful nitpicking at this point.
You people constantly complained about camera being too close despite if being the exact same as in coh2. Some people can't be pleased, eh?
31 Jul 2023, 10:51 AM

WDYM?

+1

US planes will be fixed tonight I guess. Coh3 balance is better after 6 months than coh2 balance after 5 years. The big problem is the lack of new content; we need 6-8 maps for every mode and after that new battlegroups should also be releases this year.

31 Jul 2023, 18:33 PM

CoH3 is in many aspects a downgrade compared to CoH1 or CoH2, on the other side it has a new engine and also to offer some nice new stuff and functions.

But for me personally it is a downgrade nevertheless, even if I try to love CoH3 as much as CoH1 or CoH2 and it buffles me still why they were so strict with the possibility to mod the game (I get the point for selling skins, but the mods mattered a lot in CoH1)
Skins, sounds, UI and menu are a downgrade and also voice actors and the lack of localization.

The last patch fixed also a lot of bugs, had 2 new maps but also broke the game again a bit. Strafes were too strong and they buffed it even if nobody asked for it, some people have micro stutters and also bugsplat and also they nuked T4 in that way that you can't build FlaK36 or 17pdr. Just Lelic
1 Aug 2023, 15:27 PM

As of last patch
... performance is good, planes no longer silly.

1 Aug 2023, 15:36 PM

LOL as long as loiters still exist planes are definitely still "silly"

And then there's the ASC which is its own level of idiocy. Coh2 CAS doctrine all over again
1 Aug 2023, 17:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2023, 10:25 AMKatitof

DAK.

Slow TTK is not a problem.
Losing medium tanks in less then 3 seconds was not fun in CoH2.
Losing squads in 2 seconds or less also wasn't fun in CoH2 and it encouraged blobbing even more, because blobs just deleted squads.

Slow TTK might not be a “problem” but it definitely discourages tactical gameplay. Removing time as a priority in a strategy game weakens the importance of it. Examples – You rush two squads at 1 squad to try and force a fast retreat. With lower TTK you can save the situation by kiting the 1 squad back to another squad and salvage the situation. Same thing goes with fighting out of cover. Less importance on cover because the squad dies slower overall. These are just a few examples but can be applied to many situations that don’t reward timing pushes/flanks etc..

Losing a medium in COH2 in less than 3 seconds does suck. That’s correct. Maybe don’t drive into 2 At guns? Maybe use combined arms to properly scout ahead before driving a tank solo into the fog of war? The developers making everything easier to keep alive, is again a gameplay opinion on what’s preferred. I personally find no enjoyment in my opponent doing something dumb and getting away with it. Like why shouldn’t you lose a tank if you blindly drive into the fog of war into my 2 AT guns?
In COH2 blobs can work. Until you lose your entire army to rocket artillery. You can even thin out blobs with proper use of cover/mines. Because COH2 units out of cover actually drop models. It’s insane. There is no late game blob deterrent in COH3. There is no wipe potential equivalent in COH3 as in COH2. Which encourages blobbing. Because there is no justice against it.

Like I said higher TTK might not be a “problem” but it 100% lowers the skill ceiling of an RTS (Real Time Strategy). You are giving people more time to react to situations that are advantageous to your opponent and detrimental to you. It’s not subjective, its objective.
2 Aug 2023, 07:09 AM

I think the current balance in team games is pretty good. 4 factions available from the beginning of the game's release allow relic to manipulate the balance more easily. In coh2 evry new faction realese reset game balance. I hope the next patch will give us more commanders, maps, replay option, and profile customization
2 Aug 2023, 07:17 AM

You're not supposed to play coh3 on same PC you played CoH1 15 years ago.
2 Aug 2023, 09:27 AM

More like I'm not supposed to play CoH3 on the same PC I played CoH3 few weeks ago :snfPeter:
2 Aug 2023, 09:30 AM

That really the best you got?

Relic has already hotfixed this patch once, and they said another one is coming to fix more performance issues...

On top of that you actually wrote the sentence "planes are no longer silly". Which could not possibly be more incorrect, as they also said they are hotfixing the ASC
2 Aug 2023, 09:34 AM

Slow TTK might not be a “problem” but it definitely discourages tactical gameplay. Removing time as a priority in a strategy game weakens the importance of it. Examples – You rush two squads at 1 squad to try and force a fast retreat. With lower TTK you can save the situation by kiting the 1 squad back to another squad and salvage the situation. Same thing goes with fighting out of cover. Less importance on cover because the squad dies slower overall. These are just a few examples but can be applied to many situations that don’t reward timing pushes/flanks etc..

Losing a medium in COH2 in less than 3 seconds does suck. That’s correct. Maybe don’t drive into 2 At guns? Maybe use combined arms to properly scout ahead before driving a tank solo into the fog of war? The developers making everything easier to keep alive, is again a gameplay opinion on what’s preferred. I personally find no enjoyment in my opponent doing something dumb and getting away with it. Like why shouldn’t you lose a tank if you blindly drive into the fog of war into my 2 AT guns?
In COH2 blobs can work. Until you lose your entire army to rocket artillery. You can even thin out blobs with proper use of cover/mines. Because COH2 units out of cover actually drop models. It’s insane. There is no late game blob deterrent in COH3. There is no wipe potential equivalent in COH3 as in COH2. Which encourages blobbing. Because there is no justice against it.

Like I said higher TTK might not be a “problem” but it 100% lowers the skill ceiling of an RTS (Real Time Strategy). You are giving people more time to react to situations that are advantageous to your opponent and detrimental to you. It’s not subjective, its objective.

I got used to new TTK and can't see the problem now, you just play differently, and I disagree with the lower ceiling argument, once in the late game with vet3 infantry accross the map TTK drop down really fast.
I think the big difference for coh2 players is how Coh3's LMG aren't anymore the terminator machinegun they are in COH2 so fights are longer at long range.

I like how medium tanks play in coh3, they're not anymore that fragile, you can run them even with -75% HP and not shitting your pant at every corner to get pfaust to death. It can still happen but you don't spend half your game just repairing them to 100% to make sure they can survive a fight and as a counterpart repair times are longer so when a tank is low life it doesn't come back 30 seconds later like nothing happened. The balance here is way more appreciable than in Coh2.

I hope planes get fixed this day, even if I haven't experienced it a lot on 1vs1, they're a problem right now.

Dak still sucks quite hard atm, I don't understand some changes brought to USF like the 10% damage output for the jeep. The unit was already pretty good for it's price, all it needed was a vet requirement reduction or maybe sharing vet with other units.

But overall I find the game is getting better.
2 Aug 2023, 10:57 AM

On top of that you actually wrote the sentence "planes are no longer silly". Which could not possibly be more incorrect, as they also said they are hotfixing the ASC

I was talking about how they moved, not balance.

Also, many players have a reality check, facing ASC for the very first time since release week, when everyone abandoned it for mechanized. Timings were changed a bit, but not to the point where its unavoidable death machine

Let me kindly remind you that CoH3 players whining loudest about ASC are 4v4 blobbers who do not even attempt dodging going by steam forums example.
2 Aug 2023, 11:00 AM

That really the best you got?

Relic has already hotfixed this patch once, and they said another one is coming to fix more performance issues...

Up until the most recent patch, has performance really been that bad though? I could be wrong but I thought that it general runs pretty well for most people. Much better than 2 did, anyway.

2 Aug 2023, 11:23 AM

I was talking about how they moved, not balance.

Also, many players have a reality check, facing ASC for the very first time since release week, when everyone abandoned it for mechanized. Timings were changed a bit, but not to the point where its unavoidable death machine

Let me kindly remind you that CoH3 players whining loudest about ASC are 4v4 blobbers who do not even attempt dodging going by steam forums example.

Let me kindly remind you, again, that Relic has already said it's broken... And needs to be fixed. It's clearly not only 4v4 blobbers

I have yet to play a 4v4, I main USF, and I think the ASC is fucking retarded

Up until the most recent patch, has performance really been that bad though? I could be wrong but I thought that it general runs pretty well for most people. Much better than 2 did, anyway.

Yeah it was fine for me before the patch. But we're talking about right now... And Kat trying to blame peoples PCs when Relic admitted they fucked up is pretty stupid
2 Aug 2023, 11:24 AM

Losing a medium in COH2 in less than 3 seconds does suck. That’s correct. Maybe don’t drive into 2 At guns? Maybe use combined arms to properly scout ahead before driving a tank solo into the fog of war?

CoH2's oppressive snares and AT guns killed off most dynamic Tank gameplay though.

Not saying it's impossible but usually people who make daring tank rushes or flanks get giga punished.

Meanwhile someone who slowly turtles their way forward with A-move squads/blobs, t4 vehicles, support weapons and mines gets giga rewarded. Which has become a massive design flaw and made the gameplay extremely boring over time imo.

Worst offender and best example for this is the faction with fausts that cover half the screen, mines that oneshot vehicles and the fair vet 1 AT gun ability 😊
2 Aug 2023, 11:26 AM

main prob is washed out colors and dull sound and graphic effects
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight