Login

russian armor

At what point will you come back to Coh3?

25 Jun 2023, 12:07 PM

I recently sat and thought what exactly is the threshold for many people to start coming back to Coh3.

SCENARIO:
You are a newly appointed manager at Relic. The game has failed to some extent. What will you focus on now to get people excited to play?

If you read Steam, you will probably want to add more content. If you read Steam/Reddit, you will think balance is off. You come here and you may think Coh3 is fine because it is mostly 1v1 player based, which seems to be playable right now.

I am a simple 4v4 MP person so my TOP 5 in order:
1) More maps. Community or otherwise.
2) Fix the disappearing stats page.
3) Make kill counts visible, not hover based.
4) Adjust the voice lines so they are not so dominant.
5) Fix the rendering pipeline. Specular lighting, gamma, etc.

Relic is having to filter a lot of noise right now. What do you think is really the problem with Coh3?

They seem to have a pretty good handle on things announcing new maps etc. The slow pace has many people worried, but what can you do.
25 Jun 2023, 12:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2023, 12:07 PMRosbone
I recently sat and thought what exactly is the threshold for many people to start coming back to Coh3.

SCENARIO:
You are a newly appointed manager at Relic. The game has failed to some extent. What will you focus on now to get people excited to play?

I am also a simple 4v4 MP person, here are my 5:
1) More maps. Community or otherwise.
2) More battlegroups.
3) Make kill counts visible, not hover based.
4) Fix the rendering pipeline. Specular lighting, gamma, etc.
5) Announce plans for faction that few WW2 RTS have done before, or at the very least CoH.

25 Jun 2023, 15:53 PM

- more maps all outside 1v1
- Addition of the Italian and Soviet factions.
- new interface, now it's terrible
- path finding
- fixing the mechanics of the penetration, now the tank can shoot directly at the front of another tank and get "rear penetration"
- graphics, now soldiers and vehicles look like plastic soldiers
- sound, sounds of units are very bad, their constant squeals are just annoying.
25 Jun 2023, 17:57 PM

- Double if not triple the total maps of all team modes. Use the fucking community, you literally have free labor to take advantage of
- Replay system
- More free skins and new battlegroups (that should also be free, but I know they won't be)
- Better audio mixing (my hearing does suck thanks to drumming, but coh3 is the only game recently I've had trouble with)
26 Jun 2023, 06:54 AM

More maps mostly.
Balance is servicable, performance is alright, what is missing is mostly QOL, but playing the exact same 4 maps, where 1 seem to never pop and 1 seem to go off every 2nd game gets boring fast.
26 Jun 2023, 09:50 AM

Similiar to others, more maps. But also, all the basic features missing so far like obs, replays and surrender button.

So, you know... the bare minimum of a game, ignoring that it has been out for 4 months...
26 Jun 2023, 15:17 PM

-
- More free skins and new battlegroups (that should also be free, but I know they won't be)

Probobly like in coh2 5 euro or grind.
I bet they will cost something around 10000 merit. I have collected 5000 in pains so far i Hope they will change merit system to something more similar like in coh2 (evry gamę give you something).
28 Jun 2023, 17:44 PM

Fix and improve the match stats. Coh2s was decent, was rly hoping they would expand on that more. Not regress
28 Jun 2023, 18:48 PM

But also, all the basic features missing so far like obs, replays and surrender button.

So, you know... the bare minimum of a game

CoH2 did not have obs or surrender button for almost 2 years. CoH1 had neither of these features in its entire lifetime. So both games were not even bare minimum?

Obviously we all want these features, but your narrative is slightly misleading. I'm not trying to defend the slow pace that CoH3 is getting fixed at all, the time it takes to add stuff like maps to CoH3 is pissing me off as well and I took a break from the game.

BUT it's not like they can go ahead and say "hmm how did we implement obs and replays in CoH2? Let's just copy the code", actually I'm somewhat familiar with these things and it's extremely complicated on a technical level, requiring a lot of manpower. Same reason why we won't see re-connect feature for many years, if ever.

Ok, minus a half decent replay feature, that could definitely have been in the game at launch :P
28 Jun 2023, 21:23 PM

Valid point

Fair point, I was not around during that time in coh2. But given that it is 2023, I still think its rather lazy of relic to still not have these features.

I have to admit that my critic of coh3 in its current state is tainted by my disapointment of the game.

But, just because coh2 which came out 10 years ago did not come with such functionalities does not justify the crippling lack of MP features and content 4 months post launch. Especially in the context of AE's work with the Master league and the amount of talk between community figures and relic pre launch.

Then of course we come to the conclusion that the game, at least for the launch was heavily marketed towards SP-players, especially due to things like tac-pause and the console version. But sadly even in the SP-content department they have failed miserably at launch, and still are not doing well. I played the SP-content thoroughly, played the campaigns on the highest difficulty and played a fair amount of skirmishes to figure things out and finding out which challenges can be farmed easily with the AI.

The AI is straight up worse as of now than the predecessors (I played the last time 2 months ago, for context probably somethings have changed), the lack of maps here does hurt as well, and then crown jewel SP-feature, the dynamic campagin lacks a certain focus in any department. Everything was just mediocrely implemented and felt very gimmicky.

Relic needs to tripple down on a certain area of the game and make fast improvements. The SP is meh, the MP content and features are severly lacking and then there are still plenty of other problems which you can read on forums and reddit, especially the console folks.

I hope they will put their focus on everything MP related but the layoffs and restructering are makeing these changes take even longer.
28 Jun 2023, 23:44 PM

Top priorities for me:

- More map
- Improved unit info panel, post-game stat, proper replay player (basically just implement most of this mod into the game)

Secondaries:
- Proper new icons for abilities and unit tags instead of directly using coh2 assets

Dream:
- Enhanced moddability equivalent to coh1 standard.

At this point the game balance issue won't even be that much of a factor to bring me back, I just want all the basic features to be implemented.
29 Jun 2023, 02:28 AM

Oh and turn ALL loiters into strafes/runs. Get rid of plane tracking, why on earth did it ever get brought back

Am I wrong that most of coh2 players hated these? Thought that was a clear majority, but mayb im biased by my own hatred for them

Get rid of them for axis, get rid of them for UK, and for the love of god dont add them to USF to "make it fair". A) Their air support is good enough already (too good) B) Dont add broken things to offset other broken things (a lesson coh2 hopefully taught)
29 Jun 2023, 04:51 AM

Top priorities for me:

Q MODE mod is a great start!
29 Jun 2023, 09:40 AM

I was dumb enough to think that we might, at some point, get an in-game wiki that would tell us the stats for all the different units and abilities and that would updated as the game got patched and so forth. How funny that seems now...

Maps and commanders for sure. Anything else would be a huge bonus based on how things are going at the moment.
29 Jun 2023, 10:27 AM
Benefactor 115

Not gonna bother reinstalling. I don't think any future updates will make me play again.

I regret paying full price in all honesty.
29 Jun 2023, 20:53 PM

The core game itself is fine, I think I would be a little more enthusiastic when they include more stuff like battlegroups and maps. So far its not bad.
29 Jun 2023, 21:56 PM

More maps,new factions,new battle group,at least new balance.
29 Jun 2023, 22:19 PM

Next patch I will probably go back to CoH3. Not for hours every day but three 4v4 and four 3v3 maps might be enough to give playing CoH3 regularly another try
29 Jun 2023, 23:59 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

Seeing I stop playing because of how bad the campaign was, probably when the AI is improved but even then I have moved on. Four hours I gave it in my stream and I was insulted on how low quality CoH3 was. I even took PTO for Thursday and Friday and it failed be in a less then a day. It's polish was on par with my own mods.
5 Aug 2023, 19:09 PM

I came back today to try it again after a few months off. Namely because they added maps for team games.

Tried a few 3v3/4v4 and the balance just seems to be really....bad. Worse then it was months ago by any stretch of the imagination. Combined with the lack of diversity as the remaining players play hard and fast by the meta or die.

Bersaglieri spam is still as obnoxious if not more so than it was in the past.

I dunno, I really held out hope for this game but the matches today left me realising this product is dead in the water and a misery to play.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 16
Peru 6
unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %