Login

russian armor

Relic and Org need to update their banning policies

• This thread is locked
PAGES (7)down
13 Jun 2023, 16:11 PM

If it's not working then there's nothing that can be done to save Relic. Nothing else to be said. Thankfully, it is working.

Don't care, didn't ask if they wanted to hear it or not. I'm the consumer, it's my right to speak my mind about the product. If you're a chef and you burn the eggs, you certainly can plug your ears when the diner starts bitching at you about it, but it doesn't change the fact you burned the eggs. If you get thousands upon thousands of complaints about burning the eggs, it might be time to consider the possibility that it's not the fault of the people eating at the restaurant having bad taste.

The problem is that Company of Heroes is a niche product, it's not a shitstorm, it's a storm in a teacup. This storm will not go beyond a couple of forums, it will not be talked about by the biggest gaming journalists and websites. So why would Sega give up resources and money and force Relic to quickly fix and improve the game? It won't give a hit to Sega, so there isn't much reason to fix the game. The next live service died two months after the release, nothing new.

I recently watched analytics that Sega is going to create 12 or so live services, given that most live services are stillborn games in an attempt to somehow attract players and their money, how many of them will in theory be viable and attract players? One two? It doesn't matter if others die. There's no point in Sega trying to revive CoH3 if he doesn't get the players hooked right away.
13 Jun 2023, 16:12 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2023, 15:33 PMKoRneY

Fair enough. Your opinion is noted about the ban. I am not asking to not be banned. This is not about me. Nothing I post here is ever about me. I am asking for clarification to help others. That is why I came back the other day after saying "Just delete my account". I dont care. Personally I dont care about MY ban. I think it was the right call.
13 Jun 2023, 16:46 PM

The problem is that Company of Heroes is a niche product, it's not a shitstorm, it's a storm in a teacup. This storm will not go beyond a couple of forums, it will not be talked about by the biggest gaming journalists and websites. So why would Sega give up resources and money and force Relic to quickly fix and improve the game? It won't give a hit to Sega, so there isn't much reason to fix the game. The next live service died two months after the release, nothing new.

This is exactly why I said "if it's not doing anything, Relic is dead". Same shit that happened to Total War. The fans made a shitstorm, and the devs didn't listen. Fans of the older games left and now only the new ones remain. Hardly a third of the new fans care about anything CA puts out other than a new Warhammer Total War game. Total War is now de facto Total WarHAMMER.

But there's no "new audience" for Relic to shift to. If they don't listen, then coh as a franchise fails. I don't subscribe to "grit and bear it" when it comes to video games. I've had enough of it. I did that for the multiplayer beta and the alpha. It. Doesn't. Work. There will be no covering eyes, mouth, and ears and pretending everything is alright. If CoH 3 dies because it was born prematurely, then let it be a lesson to other game studios. Even though I hope it doesn't happen, I've accepted the possibility at this point.

Again, that doesn't seem to be the case. So far, the devs seem to be sticking it out in regards to the game. I'm watching it closely, as I said I would. We've made more progress on the game during the "shitstorm" phase than we did the "constructive criticism" phase (multiplayer beta, alpha build), so that's a win as far as I'm concerned.
13 Jun 2023, 17:00 PM

they probably consider it to be crossing a line.

So your actual in game accounts have been banned as well? Ouch...

Yes, I crossed a line. Game accounts banned.

It is stated on the Sega support page that they can ban you for stuff on other platforms. I deserved to be banned from a post made here.

This all goes to my statements of "You cant ban people and not say why".

Did any of us read all the legal crap that we had to "agree" to when we started? No. A reasonable person does not expect to ever get banned. Then they play with some drooling monkeys and say something over a line.

I feel it is a Sega/Relic responsibility to further explain in some detail so their customers do not get banned again. And continue to enjoy their products.
13 Jun 2023, 18:00 PM
Donator 33

It’s been said before, somehow linking an employees gender identity to game criticism isn’t relevant. You can be critical but you made it personal. Also your “This isn’t about me” “I don’t care” meanwhile LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. Cringe. I don’t think they owe you anything and if they did comment you’d just use it to fuel your never ending crusade as you don’t discuss you just rant.

13 Jun 2023, 18:39 PM

It’s been said before, somehow linking an employees gender identity to game criticism isn’t relevant. You can be critical but you made it personal. Also your “This isn’t about me” “I don’t care” meanwhile LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME. Cringe. I don’t think they owe you anything and if they did comment you’d just use it to fuel your never ending crusade as you don’t discuss you just rant.

Are you ok bruh? Do you need a hug?
13 Jun 2023, 18:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2023, 18:42 PMRosbone
PS: Dont look up space movie from 1992.

13 Jun 2023, 19:34 PM

This is the best gif that could have been posted. 1000 internet points to you my good sir!

EDIT: I will be laughing for the next week thinking about this gif.
13 Jun 2023, 20:01 PM

Alright mods you've made it clear enough what the verboten topic du jour is on the forum. Consider the message recieved.
14 Jun 2023, 06:59 AM

I don't know how to explain it better than this honestly. You're staff, you should be held to a higher standard than the average person. The fact that being disresepctful to devs is blatantly in the rules, as well as something I personally have let slide for much too long is my fault.

True. You failed as moderator to moderate Rosbone behavior here for a long time, he had since long nothing relevant to say on this game but still daily spam and spam this forum with non-sense comments. Moderation isn't only about moderating inappropriate content posted by people but also making sure things posted, even if not breaking any rule are relevant.

I'm really just wondering why you're blasting us about this. I've explained it to you in PM and I've explained it above. You wanna blast relic over it fine, cause honestly I don't agree with their policy of not telling people about why they're banned either, but I've done my best to explain and understand.

Companies will never tell you why (and if they do they are the exception) because it doesn't matter anymore once the action is taken. The psychological journey of the person impacted make it will never be rational enough to accept the true and will still and again contest it and find anything in the potential explanation to be a sign of persecution. This thread and your own reply is the perfect example of it.

It's the same process when you fire someone, you tell him the bare minimum of why. It's the same process when you break your sentimental relationship by saying "It's me" etc... Even more when the person, such as Rosbone, went toxic in the "relationship".

All of this has been studied and documented, here an example: DABDA
14 Jun 2023, 10:52 AM

What I find odd, in this unpleasant development, is that Rosbone, who did not actually claim Relic's diverse hiring policy was to blame for flaws in COH3, is banned while people who repeatedly made such claim are not even moderated and there post are still visible.
14 Jun 2023, 12:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2023, 10:52 AMVipper
What I find odd, in this unpleasant development, is that Rosbone, who did not actually claim Relic's diverse hiring policy was to blame for flaws in COH3, is banned while people who repeatedly made such claim are not even moderated and there post are still visible.

I know this is a hard to swallow pill, but having different opinion is not a valid reason to ban or moderate someone.

He was talking shit in-game and that's where he got banned.
As nazi-like as relics mod policy is, you really have to go overboard to get banned in the game itself.

You a mod on reddit?
You have the attitude.
14 Jun 2023, 12:38 PM

When I am the CEO of Sega, I will unban you.
14 Jun 2023, 16:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Jun 2023, 17:00 PMRosbone

Yes, I crossed a line. Game accounts banned.

It is stated on the Sega support page that they can ban you for stuff on other platforms. I deserved to be banned from a post made here.

This all goes to my statements of "You cant ban people and not say why".

Did any of us read all the legal crap that we had to "agree" to when we started? No. A reasonable person does not expect to ever get banned. Then they play with some drooling monkeys and say something over a line.

I feel it is a Sega/Relic responsibility to further explain in some detail so their customers do not get banned again. And continue to enjoy their products.

I usually would be in the opinion that "You are on the internet, get a thick skin". I'm really not going to sugarcoat it. From reading your rants and posts from this thread alone, it shouldn't have taken much to realize why you got banned with or without official explanation. Have some common sense. And most of all, think before you act.

You act like a fat weenie, you will get treated like a fat weenie.
14 Jun 2023, 16:53 PM

Since I actually have regular conversations with game devs I can tell you this rabid over-the-top negativity is achieving nothing but them not wanting to engage with the community and their feedback at all. And do you seriously believe anyone at Relic is not aware of the problems that CoH3 has in multiplayer right now?

Can understand why they would avoid the community at this point completely, but....

Weren't they already? ITs rly cool that they actually talk to ppl like you, but who the fuck were they listening to if things like loiters made it back? AT blobs? Sure theyve adressed them, but how the hell does it happen again in the first place if they were ever listening to the community? Ppl complained about these things for years during coh2...

Posting pictures of devs and commenting on appearance is rly weird and on its own deserved the ban. Not defending rosbone at all, but i have to question Relic saying stuff like this makes them want to avoid us. Feels like they were doing that long before coh3 was released
14 Jun 2023, 17:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2023, 16:22 PMGrittle
From reading your rants and posts from this thread alone

This is way off topic, but what exactly do you see as a rant? I am curious.

I like to give people all of the information. So I try to give background. For some reason everyone who plays RTS (maybe all games) sees any discussion that does not fall inline with their thoughts as a rant.

For instance I gave some info one could perceive as a "rant" when I said I was a BLUE member on Org and was told to F off. The point of that sentence is, even as a member of this website team I was dismissed without any hard evidence. Meaning, you guys who are not members could be banned even easier than I was.

In truth, as a blue I was probably given a lot more latitude than you guys would. It is just a warning to you guys as users.

I try not to rant. But I will if it proves a point, gives background, or I find it funny. We all come here for entertainment.
14 Jun 2023, 17:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jun 2023, 10:52 AMVipper

You can't be serious
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight