Login

russian armor

Ostheer against USF needs help!

5 May 2023, 08:30 AM

Often when, I play as Ostheer against USF my enemy do Pathfinders and M8 Scott, it was instantly destroy my lines and that ends game becouse, I lose more of my units.

In advance thanks for help!
3 Sep 2023, 07:14 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 May 2023, 08:30 AMFranz
Often when, I play as Ostheer against USF my enemy do Pathfinders and M8 Scott, it was instantly destroy my lines and that ends game becouse, I lose more of my units.

In advance thanks for help!

You see Pathfinders because Riflemen aren't a viable infantry unit but USF is forced to use them with every other doctrine except Airborne. Despite being extremely costly with their initial purchase price, side techs, and munitions heavy upgrades, they are usually outclassed by Grenadiers and often Volksgrenadiers. 3 Grens will kill any number of Riflemen.

But I digress. The key tools to counter Airborne are there, use smoke from mortars and a sniper. Plus any armored vehicles as a no-rifleman build means no snare.
12 Sep 2023, 18:06 PM

Armour is not efficient vs airborne, they will have AT wall and then later jackson and rocket planes.

You need LMG blob, but this of course is hampered by their scotts giving them the win.

To counter the Scotts, I recomend 3 paks with a command tank with scopes. The command tank will help make your LMG blob and the paks a bit more survivable, but also give the scope vision to 1 burst snipe scotts.

Obviously dont sit them still, they will get long range barraged by scotts. Pull them right back, bait with your LMG grens and move the paks into position to hopefully snipe a scott, then pull them back right away.

Pwerfer also a good unit to help vs the paths as USF wont have many units to dive it.

Basically fuel units that stay off the front line, but contribute to sucesss.

Scotts did have their range nerfed, so they often come in closer to deal nasty damage, and this is where you can snipe them with paks.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 104
unknown 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment