Login

russian armor

Time for a Coh 2 remaster

4 May 2023, 03:47 AM

Coh 3 problems, pathing is worse, graphics are worse (cartoonish), sound quality is worse, no replays, balance is all over the place, no player name, mircro transaction are much higher in Aus, blob meta (actually appreciate rocket arty for once). Also games are too fast so no late game heavies. Tanks and units move sluggish.
Coh3 success autovault, auto reinforce, base building look better, less crashes

Time for a Coh 2 remaster

I was defending this game wholeheartedly but I have come to realise that the luxury of autovault and auto reinforce are just not worth the cost.

I think Coh 3 and relic needs to die

Rest in Piss
4 May 2023, 03:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2023, 03:47 AMSocks
Coh 3 problems, pathing is worse, graphics are worse (cartoonish), sound quality is worse, no replays, balance is all over the place, no player name, mircro transaction are much higher in Aus, blob meta (actually appreciate rocket arty for once). Also games are too fast so no late game heavies. Tanks and units move sluggish.
Coh3 success autovault, auto reinforce, base building look better, less crashes

Time for a Coh 2 remake

I was defending this game wholeheartedly but I have come to realise that the luxury of autovault and auto reinforce are just not worth the cost.

I think Coh 3 and relic needs to die

Rest in Piss
4 May 2023, 05:18 AM

ok, whatever
4 May 2023, 07:29 AM

Not to mention fake currency that hides actual prices, no surrender button, units getting trap in wire, poor animations (guns out of models hands, legs clipping though boots).

Lack of mod support (cause they think it will impact on battlegroup sales) and small pool of maps. It gets very boring.
4 May 2023, 09:19 AM

You can make it, tell me when it is ready.
4 May 2023, 11:20 AM

And who exactly is going to be overseeing this remake? You're already jumping at the chance to pay Relic money after this debacle?
4 May 2023, 12:38 PM

The flip side of failed game launches is the trend towards remasters. Your most recent game flopped? Sell your old one back to the people with minimal to no upgrades or updates! The worst part is this strategy mostly works, and it's one of the things emboldening studios to release lower and lower quality games.
4 May 2023, 12:41 PM

The disgusting Soviet campaign is enough once.
4 May 2023, 12:48 PM

No tank crush, overlaping hotkeys, cannot repair base, disappointing campaigns

I did enjoy the height mec
4 May 2023, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 May 2023, 12:48 PMSocks
No tank crush, overlaping hotkeys, cannot repair base, disappointing campaigns

I did enjoy the height mec

Then it's not a remaster but a remake. The remaster does not include significant changes to the story or gameplay mechanics.
4 May 2023, 13:31 PM

The disgusting Soviet campaign is enough once.

What was so disgusting about it? Modern Russia's even doing the same shit right now.
4 May 2023, 14:52 PM

What was so disgusting about it? Modern Russia's even doing the same shit right now.

Lies. Exposing Soviet soldiers as cowards who do not want to fight for their land, relatives and families. Only order 227. And trying to prove his lie, Relic cites two false quotes from real people: General Chuikov and Marshal Malinovsky. What is the criminal offense "Defamation". But it's "Soviet" that's the whole point of the game to equate them with the Nazis. If there was such defamation in the Canadian studio about US generals, Relic would have been sued for millions of dollars long ago. But who cares? Right?
4 May 2023, 15:38 PM

Respect for saying this. :D
4 May 2023, 18:41 PM

Lies. Exposing Soviet soldiers as cowards who do not want to fight for their land, relatives and families. Only order 227. And trying to prove his lie, Relic cites two false quotes from real people: General Chuikov and Marshal Malinovsky. What is the criminal offense "Defamation". But it's "Soviet" that's the whole point of the game to equate them with the Nazis. If there was such defamation in the Canadian studio about US generals, Relic would have been sued for millions of dollars long ago. But who cares? Right?

I'm the first person to say that Patton was a Nazi-sympathizing asshole, that Halsey was a terrible admiral with an ego problem, that Rommel spent most of the war up Hitler's ass, and all sorts of other things about historically-revered military commanders. I don't think the idea with Company of Heroes 2's campaign was necessarily to equate them with the Nazis, it was to show that the Soviets were their own brand of terrible, and note that it's not the individual soldiers who are being denigrated - it's the command structure, which is a perfectly valid story to tell, in my opinion.

So save the whataboutism, please, because of the nations you're mentioning, Russia is so far the only one (with the possible exception of Japan) that still officially insists on a glorified and sanitized narrative that conveniently glosses over things like penal battalions made to march into minefields, the Warsaw Uprising, Katyn, blocking detachments (still going strong in 2023!), and all sorts of other horrors.
4 May 2023, 19:18 PM

I'm the first person to say that Patton was a Nazi-sympathizing asshole, that Halsey was a terrible admiral with an ego problem, that Rommel spent most of the war up Hitler's ass, and all sorts of other things about historically-revered military commanders. I don't think the idea with Company of Heroes 2's campaign was necessarily to equate them with the Nazis, it was to show that the Soviets were their own brand of terrible, and note that it's not the individual soldiers who are being denigrated - it's the command structure, which is a perfectly valid story to tell, in my opinion.

So save the whataboutism, please, because of the nations you're mentioning, Russia is so far the only one (with the possible exception of Japan) that still officially insists on a glorified and sanitized narrative that conveniently glosses over things like penal battalions made to march into minefields, the Warsaw Uprising, Katyn, blocking detachments (still going strong in 2023!), and all sorts of other horrors.

The whole campaign is not a desire to fight from soldiers to generals, backed up by false quotes about order 227 (Chuikov, who was a supporter of the order, was a very tough commander and himself threatened the division commander who left his headquarters without an order with an order) and Vasilevsky who says that the people were ripped off by the Soviet government and sent them to the slaughterhouse (although in his memoirs he writes about 1917 and the Tsar). But then again, what's the matter, these are the Soviets, the Soviets are scum, you can make games and films about them with such a plot, this is normal. But just dare to say or do something to the US Army - I'll see you in court. Something I have not seen in the first and third parts of the game.
4 May 2023, 19:42 PM

That's just plain stupid since there are plenty of media, and specifically games (Spec Ops: The Line comes to mind) which critique America, even or especially in its modern incarnation. It's not uncommon to have America or any Western government framed as a morally-ambiguous or outright hostile entity in many, many different cultural contexts. You'll even see World War II movies that have a lot to say about the failings of the Allies. The real reason why there's a big difference between the reactions to these kinds of stories and the reaction to Company of Heroes 2's campaign is because, for all its failings (which I am more than happy to speak of, basically unprompted), America is not a tinpot dictatorship that gaslights its citizens into believing an attack on the state and its various apparatuses is an attack on their personal identity. It's the same reason why people don't talk about the Armenian Genocide in front of Turkish people. And it's pathetic.
4 May 2023, 21:46 PM

Also the console port is going to be cheap,you know it, they know it, we know. It'll drain resources and some potential players away from the PC for most likely a quick cash grab to be dump once they realise causual arent willing to fork out for $20 skins.

In all my hours I haven't seen one premium skin be used. I think I saw some in a tournament.

The blobbing is so much worse in Coh3 as it's harder to wipe squads (especially with retreat bonuses). So they just retreat and come back for more. Also your vechicles are slow af so chasing them down also becomes an issue.

Blobs should be given negative cover when 4 or more squads are in tight and I mean tight proximity. It make sense that firing bullets into a human tidal wave are going to hit.

4 May 2023, 23:38 PM

One more thing, units don't show actuate pathing on the minimap anymore just a straight line
5 May 2023, 10:34 AM

All Nations "still officially insists on a glorified and sanitized narrative that conveniently glosses over things"

The US still insist on the necessity to firestorm Tokyo and use two (not even one) nuclear bombs killing hunters of thousand of civilian.

The UK still glorifies Churchill and his henchman "butcher" Harris for his bombing campaign.

All these are consistent the definitions of "war crimes" and "crimes against humanity" according to UN definitions.
5 May 2023, 12:34 PM

I agree, what's your point?

You should really look up the definition of whataboutism.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 37
Germany 25
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 48

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %