When I loaded up COH3 for the first time I immediately noticed a lot of things that reminded me of vCOH. That`s not a coincidence. WhiteFlashReborn wrote a lengthy post about how coh3 should be more like vcoh and not coh2 and that`s what we got.
Also the focus on 1v1 is apparent. Relic and Sega must have missed the fact that 3v3 and 4v4 are by far the most popular game modes. It`s sad how 80 % of the playerbase wants to play big team games yet they only get 2 maps. Then people are surprised why the player numbers are absolutely awful and the reviews negative.
The "ivory tower" narrative is not complete BS when the self-proclaimed "elite" (basically a handful of 1v1 players and casters) was allowed influenced Relic on the development of the game even though this elite has absolutely nothing in common with the average COH2 player. Might as well asked players of another game on how to develop coh3.
You did it again. WhiteFlashReborn is literally direct counterevidence to your point. Relic ignores him even though he undeniably has excellent credentials. I'm guessing it's due to his very opinionated and undiplomatic persona.
Your point about CoH3 being too much like CoH1 is another prime example of "sounds plausible to someone who is clueless but has 0 correspondance to reality". Funnily enough most of the people who make this point discovered the franchise in the hayday of CoH2 which is not a coincidence. CoH3 isn't failing due to its core design, it's failing because of lacking features and poorly tuned balance.
If you think Relic focuses too much on 1v1 that is fine. I don't really see much evidence for it but it's a reasonable position. However, the 1v1 elite ivory tower bullshit needs to go. Who is this supposed 1v1 "elite"? CoH2 pros hate CoH3 for the most part. Besides, they don't have anything to do with relic. There isn't some secret 1v1 player group that advises Relic. Maybe you are talking about the handful of people who advised relic during the development process (AE and Luvnest)? If so please state how exactly you think they ruined CoH3... It's an absurd claim.
Didn’t in the past you preach riflemen are viable in team games in COH2? Then you double back? Then COH3 releases and you preach it’s amazing I love it. It’s so good. Then you play team games and say omg this is terrible? Your judgement is disconnected from reality. Anyone who follows the community. Knows the stigma for anyone that’s not a 1v1 player. Wasn’t there a 4v4 tournament team comprised of 1’s players verbatim say “it’ll be easy they’re team game players”? Then get absolutely hulk smashed? Only to proceed to blame pathfinders Scott’s? No mention of misplay on their part lol? COH3 is dramatically different from COH2. The TTK is what’s going to turn a lot of players away. Including myself. There’s no noticeable difference in weapon profiles. There is no unit in this game that does omega damage close range besides royal engineers. I LOVE watching a squad on top of another squad take over 8 seconds to resolve an engagement. It’s so thrilling. To the point where I can’t even tell if COVER is even important. Everything that was “tactical” and semi believable about COH2 was left behind with making COH3. Maybe I would enjoy the game if they painted all the models green or tan. So we can pretend they are plastic army men. Im ranting at this point. But I’ll say it again. If you influenced COH3 to be more like COH1. You killed the franchise. Congrats 🎈🍾🎉. There is a reason that COH1 retains the lowest playerbase. There is a reason COH3 has a smaller playerbase then COH2. There is a reason that no one is coming back after the “balance patch”. The gameplay fucking blows 🤯. It’s no longer epic WW2 battles with epic sound and visuals. It’s now watching squads miss point blank for 10 seconds.
Ok let's suspend hostilities. I feel like you misinterpreted something I've said somewhere and ever since you think I have something against you. This is not the case. I like your stream and humour a lot. You're literally one of the funniest people in the CoH2 community because you have actual wit rather than spamming emojies at every opportunity. You're also an excellent player. So a few things I wanna make clear:
1. I don't have a uniform opinion on CoH3. I don't get why you always act like all my opinions need to be either anti CoH3 or pro CoH3. I'm also not part of the "1v1 elite" as you like to call it. First of all I suck at the game relative to top 1v1 players. I tried playing a 1v1 tourney recently and it was way too stressful of an experience and I'll never do it again so there is that. Secondly, I'm not even a 1v1 player in terms of the games I play. I mostly play 2v2 and 4v4 with my CoH buddies mostly for the social aspect. I used to play loads of automatch 1v1 around 7-8 years ago but I don't see how that makes me part of the 1v1 elite. There's probably a few weirdos among the tournament players but I don't get why you let them bother you. It makes zero sense to lump me in with them cuz they would never consider me part of their club and I don't know any of the actual elite players.
2. I actually think your twitch banter is really funny and entertaining, but you should be able to be on the receiving side as well. Like you can't seriously set up (admittedly very funny) roasts on twitch and then lose your mind when AE does the same to you in an obviously tongue in cheek way. I think part of it is crosscultural confusion because the meaning of "c*nt" is very different depending on which side of the atlantic ocean you're on but still you guys should stop creating unnecessary drama.
3. I don't know what you're talking about with the 4v4 tourney. It seems to me like you have this idea of 1v1 players looking down on you and you apply it to everyone who you think is a "1v1 main". If you're referencing the 4v4 tournament I played in with Elpern, Orange and Jibber none of what you said applies at all. We were scared shitless of 4v4 main teams and basically knew that they would trash us. Jibber and I constantly asked Aerafield for advice in advance of the tourney. We mostly did it for the fun of discovering the competitive side of 4v4.
4. I think the 1v1 core design is exceptionally good. It's obvious that the factions are well thought out and the "high level" design ideas make sense. The game was designed by people who actually understand CoH and I think this is a first for the CoH franchise.
5. However, on a balancing level things are messy in a way they really shouldn't be. I completely agree on TTK. All the faction design is for nothing if TTK isn't tuned properly.
6. TTK and all the other tuning issues have nothing to do with CoH1. The problems CoH3 has are early CoH2 problems rather than CoH1 problems. CoH1 players HATED early CoH2 in part because of these exact issues. Guess which game initially had insanely slow TTK compared to its predecessor and was super boring because of it? CoH2. It took one megapatch a year after release to fix this problem. Guess which game suffered from forward reinforcement dominance? Guess which game was accused of looking cartoony compared to its predecessor? Guess which game was accused of having unclear visuals? Guess which game was accused of having bad UI? Guess which game was accused of having a bad tac map? Guess which game was almost universally hated by the fans of its predecessor? I hope you get my point.
7. TTK is a serious problem because many people seem to like it for some mysterious reason. I think they don't realize that part of the reason CoH3 feels so bad is high small arms TTK. So there is a real chance that it won't be fixed which is why people who have identified the problem should be vocal about it in a constructive way. Shitting on relic is pointless. This is not how you make people listen.