russian armor

Cannot Fix the Bloody Base

19 Apr 2023, 03:48 AM

Title said it all smd relic
19 Apr 2023, 04:20 AM

smd, shake my dick?

Edit: got it now
19 Apr 2023, 19:22 PM

If someone managed to destroy your main HQ, I would say the game was over anyway
19 Apr 2023, 19:55 PM

If someone managed to destroy your main HQ, I would say the game was over anyway

Had my main HQ destroyed twice, both times game was won by my team.
19 Apr 2023, 20:06 PM

Had my main HQ destroyed twice, both times game was won by my team.

If that was when demo charges were still busted OP against buildings and it happened to that, then it doesnt count
19 Apr 2023, 20:13 PM

If that was when demo charges were still busted OP against buildings and it happened to that, then it doesnt count

Doesn't matter the cause. You've always been able to repair base buildings and I don't see a good reason for why it needed to be removed.

I'm just assuming here that you're allowed to repair the base up until it hits 0 HP, because that's not idiotic. I don't see how this is healthy in any way. Get some artillery, hit the enemy base, then rush it with a bunch of tanks. Knock it out, and then what? Literally no way to come back from it. Doesn't make any sense.

And if you can't repair the buildings, that's even worse. Hello artillery spam. Let's call a spade a spade here and admit this is a shit change.

EDIT: Hopefully I'm misunderstanding OP, and they just mean you're not allowed to repair the building until it's broken. Still. that's stupid and there's no reason it should be a thing.
19 Apr 2023, 21:57 PM

Now I also remembered that once a guy in 1v1 was spamming AT rifles + bishops and shelled my base on Taranto coasline. No surprise, he eventually destroyed my main HQ (thank G-d I was playing DAK and self-repair carried me a lot)
Still won.
But this is not a point.
There is no excuse for such BS in a first place: you don't literally burn your opponents money in Monopoly, this is not how game works.
CoH2 mechanic was more than fine.
19 Apr 2023, 22:47 PM

Doesn't matter the cause. You've always been able to repair base buildings and I don't see a good reason for why it needed to be removed.

That good reason would be a new alternative win condition. Make annihilation victory actually a possibility because let's be real here, in 9 years of CoH2 NOBODY has ever won a VP game through annihilation against an opponent who was not complete or 2000+ ranks below you or a cpu.

Regardless of how it was in past CoH titles, doesn't it feel kinda weird standing in front of the burning wreckage of your HEADQUARTERS and being like "I want another chance! It's not fair that I lose!"
20 Apr 2023, 00:14 AM

Regardless of how it was in past CoH titles, doesn't it feel kinda weird standing in front of the burning wreckage of your HEADQUARTERS and being like "I want another chance! It's not fair that I lose!"

What it feels like is the enemy team didn't have the ability to finish the job and actually kill my teammates. This isn't dead by daylight, the goal of the game is not to knock out each player one by one until nobody is left. It's a team game. If you can't beat the enemy team, then you don't win. Simple as.

Allowing stupid tactics like arty spamming one enemy base until it's dead, then moving on to the next, sounds like the most idiotic thing I've ever heard, and I have no idea why you're actually defending it besides that you might just be trolling.
20 Apr 2023, 01:06 AM

That good reason would be a new alternative win condition. Make annihilation victory actually a possibility because let's be real here, in 9 years of CoH2 NOBODY has ever won a VP game through annihilation

Yeah because when you are base raping some-one who is not 2000+ rank he will drop, because in proper game, being able to destroy enemy base meaning that opponent most likely already lost the game or most of units are killed on process of base destuction.

Also how is being able to drive clowncar into the enemy base and planting 2 demos is a solid and fair annihilation victory?

Not to mention that pretty much in any RTS game, you are always given a second chance if your base is destroyed, if you have either resources and builder unit alive.
21 Apr 2023, 05:22 AM

Didn't realise his was 'working as intended'. This only ever happen twice playing as big team axis, hopefully the balance is better now.

>Fighting two allies
>Team mate not up to scratch
>Cannot reposition army as base is destroyed
>It's my fault I couldn't hold against two and now cannot reposition army with other allies (almost every time you have to go to them, episodically if they are fighting just as hard)
>3v4

It takes away from the game. PS I love Coh 3. PSS bring back crush!
23 Apr 2023, 01:50 AM

Sorry about the bad grammar my brain can't pick it up, but also no one really knows about the feature, E.g. if you base is getting destroyed allies don't even realise what is happening.

I just play a lot of Big Team Coh with strangers so these thing eventually happen.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★