Login

russian armor

US Design Proposals

25 Mar 2023, 15:02 PM

As part of my redesign series, I’ve been look at how I feel the various factions should be redesigned. However, when it comes to the US, I would pretty much change nothing as they seem the most well fleshed out and well thought out faction of the bunch. However, there are some small tweaks I would make:

Motor Pool Side Tech

Currently Greyhound comes quite late relative to all other light vehicles (90 fuel). Other light vehicle offerings include the 8 Rad at 85 fuel, the Stug D at 85 fuel, the Humber at 60 Fuel, the various AA halftracks at 55 Fuel. Even in the Vanilla version, the quad comes at 45 fuel and its really effective, so why would you go through the hassle of the Greyhound tech? Also the AT gun is relatively hard to access, with DAK you can access it at 50 Fuel (or through the deployment system at 15 fuel), the Brits have their AT Gun at 20 fuel, the Wehr have their AT gun at 25 fuel. All of the above values are in my Mod, slightly different from the regular build.

So what I would do is I would bring down the cost of the motor pool to 25 fuel but then also add a side tech upgrade which unlocks the Chaffee for 20 fuel, to maintain its timing. This allows the Greyhound to come at 70 fuel and makes it easier to access AT guns. I feel an argument could be made to add anotehr side tech to for the Greyhound to bring the cost of the Motor pool down further, to make AT guns yet more accessible, but I didn’t go that far in my Mod.

Splitting off the Support Centre Teching From Main Tech

It’s a minor annoyance that its impossible to tech up all the way without having locked into a Support Center choice. I think forcing players tp do this takes away more from the game than it adds, its like forcing a player to lock into battlegroup, they might want to hold off and see how things go. So I would make the choice of Support center separate from standard tech and have a generic upgrade to handle the tech up costing, to keep the timings the same. See my mod.

Adding an Additional Tech Requirement for Halftracks

Basically, the haltracks come far too early. They hit the field at 45 fuel, which is questionable given that basically no Wehr light vehicle in Vanilla arrives before 65 fuel, no Dak light vehicle (excluding the 250s and L640s), arrives before 80 fuel and no Brit light vehicle before 70 fuel. Might have been an oversight.

In my mod I made them require not only the Support Center upgrade (now a separate side upgrade), but also any other tech structure aside from the Weapons Support Centre. This basically nudges their timing back by 15 fuel if you get the Barracks (although you could get the Motor Pool at 25 fuel) and brings them to a 60 fuel straight tech, which is more in line with the other light vehicle timings in my Mod such as Dak AA Halftrack (55 fuel), Wehr 251 Stummel (65 fuel), Humber (60 fuel), Brit AA truck (50 fuel) and 221 (50 fuel). Seems a bit more logical and fair to me.

Removal of Free Abilities

There are a lot of abilities that cost nothing, where if this was Coh2, they would cost something. This is fairly obvious, so in my mod, I added munitions costs to these abilities.

Tied Call-ins to Tech

This is another obvious one. I tied the Easy 8, Whizbang and Scott to tech.

Conclusion

Basically, these small tweaks are partly necessary in the vanilla version, partly in reaction to changes made to other factions. Some obvious balance culprits that should be called out is whatever that manpower plane in airborne is called and pathfinders. I didn’t touch them in my mod though.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2947341907
25 Mar 2023, 22:18 PM

"Also the AT gun is relatively hard to access, with DAK you can access it at 50 Fuel (or through the deployment system at 15 fuel), the Brits have their AT Gun at 20 fuel, the Wehr have their AT gun at 25 fuel. All of the above values are in my Mod, slightly different from the regular build."

Sry, is this a CoH3 discussion?

Numbers are simply wrong all across the board.
Or am I missing something?
25 Mar 2023, 22:32 PM

"Also the AT gun is relatively hard to access, with DAK you can access it at 50 Fuel (or through the deployment system at 15 fuel), the Brits have their AT Gun at 20 fuel, the Wehr have their AT gun at 25 fuel. All of the above values are in my Mod, slightly different from the regular build."

Sry, is this a CoH3 discussion?

Numbers are simply wrong all across the board.
Or am I missing something?

You are indeed, its the MOD: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2947341907

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 62
Korea, Republic Of 12

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment