Login

russian armor

WTF is this piece of crap!?

21 Mar 2023, 12:43 PM

I deliberately didn't play the beta because I didn't want that experience to taint my experience of the finished product.

But my god the finished product is appalling.

If restaurants sold food that was undercooked, they'd get shut down.

But game companies can sell us a full price game that's a bag of crap?

How to lose a loyal customer 101.

Clearly the cancer inside relic still exists.

• What absolute moron thought having YOUR OWN troops appear as red on the mini map was a good idea?! Gaming basics... BLUE === ALLIES. RED === ENEMIES.
  • The ping system is entirely useless.
  • Can't surrender a match?
  • If you click your teammates units it doesn't say the teammates name. Can't tell who's where and who's who.
  • Only two maps for 3v3 and 4v4 respectively? So Relic is basically saying "Oh we'll let the community do our jobs because we're too lazy & useless.
  • The invite system is buggy as hell. Sometimes works, sometimes doesn't.
  • Switching factions during the loading screen... wut.
  • No classic hotkeys option? So I either have to accept grid keys or GTFO.

Relic had a chance at making something half decent here and they've blown it. The entire thing feels like a rush job that's still half baked.

The one good thing is at least the game is performant now. But theres no point having good performance if I've binned the franchise entirely.
22 Mar 2023, 02:05 AM

• What absolute moron thought having YOUR OWN troops appear as red on the mini map was a good idea?! Gaming basics... BLUE === ALLIES. RED === ENEMIES.

It's a good idea in theory. Has nobody here ever played CSGO? The whole idea of this unique color system was so that it's easier to speak to teammates in a call. (I.E. Green, you need to move your tank or it's going to explode! Etc.) In CoH2, everyone is blue on their own screen, so you can't say things like this.

They fucked up with giving teammates red/purple colors though, completely agree.
22 Mar 2023, 10:08 AM

It's a good idea in theory. Has nobody here ever played CSGO? The whole idea of this unique color system was so that it's easier to speak to teammates in a call. (I.E. Green, you need to move your tank or it's going to explode! Etc.) In CoH2, everyone is blue on their own screen, so you can't say things like this.

They fucked up with giving teammates red/purple colors though, completely agree.

This is not CSGO. You are not looking at 5 dots on the minimap.

The entire UI of health bars and capture points must is the priority over the "green" color assignment. The POV player's color must always be the same. This is why people have nicknames, so I can say "dono help me", and if the mental capacity of the average player isn't enough to read couple letters, then it is definitely not enough to always re-color the UI every round.

There might be some intermediate solution where another detail/attribute is assigned to work as the "green" callout, but it is at the bottom of the priority list.

+ there is ping that isn't in CSGO. I can click on your unit (with a functional ping system), and it will send you a command to attack or retreat or careful. No need to even engage in the text or voice coms.
22 Mar 2023, 21:59 PM

This is not CSGO. You are not looking at 5 dots on the minimap.

Ok, and? Your point is?

The entire UI of health bars and capture points must is the priority over the "green" color assignment. The POV player's color must always be the same.

That is your personal opinion, and it's based only on prior titles in this series. Anyone with color vision and a working short term memory should be able to identify the color of their units and remember it while playing the game. There is no RTS law which states that: "the player's units must be blue!!"

This is why people have nicknames, so I can say "dono help me", and if the mental capacity of the average player isn't enough to read couple letters, then it is definitely not enough to always re-color the UI every round.

I see no reason that they can't have nicknames and unique colors. This is, again, an argument from your personal opinion.

There might be some intermediate solution where another detail/attribute is assigned to work as the "green" callout, but it is at the bottom of the priority list.

My man, I don't know if you realize this, but unique colors are already implemented in the game. You're the one advocating for the intermediate solution here. The devs have already made their intention clear that they're going to assign unique colors to the players. Whatever extra detail you want to add is what's at the bottom of the priority list.

+ there is ping that isn't in CSGO. I can click on your unit (with a functional ping system), and it will send you a command to attack or retreat or careful. No need to even engage in the text or voice coms.

Ok, and? What's your point? Csgo also has a voice chat. I don't know if you play with other players or not, but a ping is not half as effective in getting someone's attention as saying their name (or color, in the case of csgo and now coh 3) is.

I've already stated that I don't agree with assigning teammates red, pink, orange colors, etc. Are you really here to argue with me that players being assigned *actually* unique colors for the first time in the series is a bad thing? Don't bother, because you're not going to convince me.
22 Mar 2023, 23:20 PM

Yes, I am advocating for removing of this unique colors because it adds nothing. While other games are going into the direction of allowing users to customize their UI colors from health bars to recticles, this game locks you into the dice roll UI (even if they fix it to have friendly and hostile colors to be on the opposite spectrums)

I think we are playing different games, where you prefer to have your UI recolored, and typing shit into chat is better than the system where the player receives a ping: sound + flashing + written warning that his unit is being killed.

You can write him an essay that his 2nd Panther tank is being flanked south of the middle VP while he is busy on the northern VP with the infantry micromanaging it, while I will ping once.

23 Mar 2023, 00:27 AM

I think we are playing different games, where you prefer to have your UI recolored, and typing shit into chat is better than the system where the player receives a ping: sound + flashing + written warning that his unit is being killed.

I use discord. I'm not talking about in game chat :facepalm:

Yes, I am advocating for removing of this unique colors because it adds nothing.

That's your opinion, and I disagree; I think it adds something. Our opinions are at odds with another. Seems we are at an impasse.

..this game locks you into the dice roll UI

You can just turn off unique colors if you really wanted to. I assume you meant it's either that or not know which player is who.

Instead of just cutting out useful new features, let's just agree that for the game to be better, it needs to have:

1.) Player names added back
2.) An option to enable CoH 2 style unique player colors (player is always blue)
3.) A more intuitive assigned unique color system (no red/orange teammates, etc.)

23 Mar 2023, 00:59 AM

1.) Player names added back
2.) An option to enable CoH 2 style unique player colors (player is always blue)
3.) A more intuitive assigned unique color system (no red/orange teammates, etc.)

Agreed on all points.

Though you cannot have everything, as in all at once. Either players are uniquely colored, or you will tell me "Green come here", and I will be... Green is playing top, I am Blue in our lane, I don't have this feature enabled :). At no point in like 2000 hours of 4vs4 I found async colored teammates bad.

But there is one thing that according to Modders was impossible to fix in CoH2: plane colors. It was a functional disadvantage to have no color-coded information whose planes were coming in, and being downed. You only knew friend or foe, but not enough when double call-ins happened and overlapped.
23 Mar 2023, 07:18 AM

Agreed on all points.

:thumbsup:

Though you cannot have everything, as in all at once. Either players are uniquely colored, or you will tell me "Green come here", and I will be... Green is playing top, I am Blue in our lane, I don't have this feature enabled :)

That's fine, I'd be playing with my friends in VC w/ Discord & I know they'd use it at least.
28 Mar 2023, 22:31 PM

They fixed it so that with unique colors, teammates are cool colors and enemies are warm colors. They haven't added usernames though.
4 Apr 2023, 10:16 AM

speaking of UI, why didnt relic just copy COH2 UI into COH3. at least its functional.

what we got is a COH0.5 version instead.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight