Login

russian armor

bersglieri and other lethal Italians

21 Mar 2023, 00:09 AM

Lose the AT satchel and give them something cool like demo charge, normal satchel, or mine.

They already have a demo charge. Mines would be pretty boring unless it's a special super efficient mine.

What would be the point of a normal satchel when you already have 2 flamers though, lol.
21 Mar 2023, 01:49 AM

Yes, this is true. I think what I was really surprised by are the flames; which, when combined with the armour, make them very dangerous. Not knowing the numbers off-hand, it seems like flames do more damage in this game. I have learned many lessons so far, some of them are what you describe- don't go toe to toe, 2xMG, sniper, mines... lessons that were abundant in CoH2, but became apparent extremely early in this game, with this unit.

Flamer in Coh3 not only deal more DMG but also better range than COH 1/2. That why Guastatori squad is Shocktroop wet dream, 2 Flamer + Trap + AT sachel made them all in 1 package.

21 Mar 2023, 08:00 AM

Have we played against each other ? Yes, I have tried engineers, infantry, MGs...at max range, CQC range, behind cover and out of cover. I stand by what I said.

2v2? Possibly yeah, I don't really remember names, just games.

That being said, tommies easily outgun them for the cost, especially if you went italian arty and got yourself a truck.
Tommies are cheaper to reinforce, become even more cheap later on, scale better and just walk over Bersies when blob vs blob is considered.

Rifles also walk over then being 60mp cheaper squad.
21 Mar 2023, 11:26 AM

Yes, this is true. I think what I was really surprised by are the flames; which, when combined with the armour, make them very dangerous. Not knowing the numbers off-hand, it seems like flames do more damage in this game. I have learned many lessons so far, some of them are what you describe- don't go toe to toe, 2xMG, sniper, mines... lessons that were abundant in CoH2, but became apparent extremely early in this game, with this unit.

I'll just add one point - I don't recommend double MGs against DAK. My MG comment was LMGs, so stuff like Brens, BARs etc. Though AT Boys also overpen the Guastatori armor easily too. COH3 has an easily accessible mortar to Brits, USF and WM, but DAK is forced to get a (zero fuel) mortar Halftrak for early light arty. If you go double MG opener they might commit to double mortar HT and then you'll be walked off the map because you won't have the assault force to push through their inf screen.
21 Mar 2023, 13:55 PM

Lose the AT satchel and give them something cool like demo charge, normal satchel, or mine.

They have the Traps in the battlegroup, maybe move that to being one of their abilities and replace it with something else?
21 Mar 2023, 15:14 PM

They have the Traps in the battlegroup, maybe move that to being one of their abilities and replace it with something else?

Not a bad idea. Think they are in a better place now in terms of their manpower costs but they still have too much stuff in their kit.
21 Mar 2023, 18:35 PM

I think the traps are strong enough to warrant that honestly.
21 Mar 2023, 20:42 PM

I think the traps are strong enough to warrant that honestly.

And I think, knowing how they work from being on both sides of that stick, I think they will be neutered to the point they won't do anything to player who isn't in coma and will have their cost doubled.

Mark my words.
That ability will be gone from the game permanently due to the state it will end up in.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 166
unknown 5
unknown 1
United States 23

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %