Login

russian armor

Can Player Made Obstacles Block Shots on Vehicles?

10 Mar 2023, 16:37 PM

In COH3 can player made obstacles like sandbags and tank traps create a chance to block enemy anti-tank shots made against vehicles?

I'm thinking of strategies that would protect my light vehicles by giving them better chances of survival if fired upon.

I just don't know if RNG determines whether there will be a hit before the shot is even fired or if trying to create these barriers help my odds.

10 Mar 2023, 17:01 PM

In coh a few vehicles benefited from cover

In Coh2 vehicles do not benefit from cover but a missed shot can hit cover and not collide with a vehicle

I will have to guess that the same applies to Coh3
10 Mar 2023, 20:32 PM

"In Coh2 vehicles do not benefit from cover but a missed shot can hit cover and not collide with a vehicle"

Is that to say the RNG predetermined it as a miss and that miss happened to hit the cover? Or did the cover actually block the shot and it would have hit the vehicle if the sandbags were not in the way?
10 Mar 2023, 23:48 PM

Is that to say the RNG predetermined it as a miss and that miss happened to hit the cover? Or did the cover actually block the shot and it would have hit the vehicle if the sandbags were not in the way?

first there is RNG roll for hit and miss. If the roll is a hit the projectile will hit the target. If it is a miss the projectile will travel toward the target and it can still hit the target via collision.

If there are object between the muzzle and the target the projectile has a chance to hit those object before reaching the target.

You can test this giving an attack ground order behind a vehicle and the do the same but place a number of sandbag between the gun and vehicle.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★