Login

russian armor

The negative user reviews are infuriating

PAGES (9)down
18 Mar 2023, 12:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2023, 12:51 PMReverb
how people say coh2 laucnh was worse tha ncoh3??

EZ:
We actually remember it.
It was a dumbster fire on a trainwreck falling off a cliff bad.
But over 10 years of patches and polish people like you seem to have forgotten how tremendously bad CoH2 was for first 6 months.

It was so bad, we literally had a cartoonist make memes out of it.
18 Mar 2023, 15:17 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2023, 12:54 PMKatitof

EZ:
We actually remember it.
But over 10 years of patches and polish people like you seem to have forgotten how tremendously bad CoH2 was for first 6 months.

...and not to forget only 2 factions, both less fun to play than vCoH factions. Including flaming Soviet Clown car.

It was obvious that Relic didnt have the finance/manpower at that time to pull it of. Whole design of CoH2 was on a very low level at release.

Coh3 base game with 4 factions and tech diversity bears already the core ingredients for the masterpiece it is about to become.
18 Mar 2023, 16:57 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2023, 12:51 PMReverb

Problem so much worse in coh3.

Nah Reverb. It's difficult to put into words just how fucking awful coh 2 was at launch. If you were there you'd remember.
18 Mar 2023, 17:54 PM

Of course I understand the frustrations. But as an RTS enthusiast, I am willing to smile away the release challenges, given the above.

I am the RTS fan, I was excited for Warcraft III remake/remaster. Still am, just not for the Reforged versions, needs RE-REFORGED.

Coh3 base game with 4 factions and tech diversity bears already the core ingredients for the masterpiece it is about to become.

I have waited for CoH3 mainly to modernize itself. Matchmaking where people aren't making dummy teams every day, leaver penalty, reconnect functionality, moderation so people who grief get suspended, ability to avoid people like you have couple slots in Overwatch.

Not a single balance or technical change is relevant compared to these modern online tools. I was patient and forgiving in the CoH2 case, ok, surely they will tighten the social experience in CoH3... All these breach mechanics, battelgroup trees, side armor - small potatoes that do not solve my problems with CoH2 (I played only 4vs4)

It is a wild west, circa 2000s approach to meaningful online gaming. Getting a good round every 3rd or 4th 5-min queue match is simply not acceptable.

18 Mar 2023, 19:25 PM

Nah Reverb. It's difficult to put into words just how fucking awful coh 2 was at launch. If you were there you'd remember.

Ok
what was wrong with COH2 besides balance at launch
19 Mar 2023, 00:57 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2023, 12:54 PMKatitof

EZ:
We actually remember it.

The hilarious thing every time compares COH3 to COH2s launch is they are forgetting a couple key elements.
1. THQ was going through bankruptcy at the time LOL. The studio originally developing COH2 ceased to exist around the time COH2 was supposed to be finished.
2. 10 years of patching/updating COH2 to get it where it is. No lessons, were remembered at all. None. We have actually gone backwards in terms of progress. There are MISSING mechanics from GAMEPLAY. I am not even talking observer mode or replays. I am talking about playing the GAME. Crush/denying medics/being able to issue focus fire command followed by a move command and the unit remembers the focus fire command/Team colors/ A SURRENDER BUTTON. It is getting worse every day. Every day it seems someone finds a new game breaking bug. Or another exploit that completely fucks balance harder than 99% of the player base can comprehend. The COPE is so strong with some people, insanely strong. The Ministry of Truth has plenty of openings for the people preaching its not that bad bro. It has been 10 years / 3,650 days since COH2, and this is the state of COH3. How is it so hard to put into perspective for people that endured the long painful process of balancing COH2, and you think COH3 is magically going to take less time? For everyone COPING. 1. I hope you are actually playing the game. Because I would really love to see the amount of play time from all these people saying “its not that bad” 2. Make sure you stick around. Because this game is going to be a clusterfuck for the foreseeable future. OMG HOW DO YOU KNOW BRO? Look at COH2 and how long it took that game to get where it is now. Side note it’s the same company. It’s going to take forever.

- You can put a MG inside a 250 halftrack. An MG, remember snipes in clown cars in COH2? Hey guess what same thing kind of. They literally put out a hotfix today because someone figured out you could have infinite manpower as USF.
- Loiters
- The stug D has the same range as AT guns
- Elite infantry with camo and snares
- Free abilities smoke/flares
- Snipers self spotting and ROF
- Forward reinforcement/some can eat 2 AT gun shells/tank shells
- 0 cp passively sprinting infantry (personal favorite)
- Jagers with shreks and camo (shreks do 160 dmg now/that’s the same as a medium)
- Sprinting and shooting while in combat (Commando battlegroup flare) Its like pre nerf radio silence.
- AA that doesn’t work as well as the quad (wirblewind / brit AA /)
- Remember artillery overwatch from COH2 brits (its back 😊)
- DAK booby traps
- Instant hull down and unhulldown with no cooldown
- Werh capping ability in mechanized
I could keep going but half the people reading this won’t make it this far. But hey, don’t worry it will all get fixed super soonish TBD possible 2025.
19 Mar 2023, 03:11 AM

what he said

Blessed
19 Mar 2023, 03:41 AM

2.10 years of patching/updating COH2 to get it where it is. No lessons, were remembered at all. None. We have actually gone backwards in terms of progress.

This is the most frustrating part. Relic repeating some mistakes and even doubling down on others. It seemed like they were taking in more feedback going into this game but apparently a lot of it hasn't stuck
19 Mar 2023, 08:00 AM

100% multiplayer issues. Relic stated since at least the stress test that they would focus on solo player first and then multiplayer. If someone like me who barely went to any Relic shows managed to understand it, can't understand how people much more involved in it could have missed it.

Relic is BUSY launching the console iteration of the game. You're not their priority, you already bought the game and you're a minority in regard of their intended public for the first 3/6 months. Jeez guys, have an understanding of the situation outside of your own interest.
19 Mar 2023, 09:25 AM

The hilarious thing every time compares COH3 to COH2s launch is they are forgetting a couple key elements.
1. THQ was going through bankruptcy at the time LOL. The studio originally developing COH2 ceased to exist around the time COH2 was supposed to be finished.

Speaking of forgetting couple key elements:

-bankrupcy of publisher does not equal terrible financial situation of the studio, they HAVE to pay their studios or sell them, but owned studios can not go without their money.
-THQ was not developing CoH2, Relic, owned by THQ was. Publisher went bankrupt, not the studio, did THQ tried to rush CoH2 for financial reasons? Yes. But it did not happened as the studio was sold to SEGA and given couple more months to work on the game.
-CoH2 problems lied at incredibly bad design of initial mechanics which directly led to completely broken balance and straight pay2win emergence.
19 Mar 2023, 12:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Mar 2023, 19:25 PMReverb

Ok
what was wrong with COH2 besides balance at launch

Balance and general broken mechanics were of course a huge part of it, just like they are now, but on top of that coh 2 had substantial performance issues that meant it ran like shit on systems that supposidly met its requrements, made even worse on maps that featured that snow storm gimmick. There was no tooltips or detailed information about units or anything and it had a new command point system that was shit and broken. Did you play 2 at launch?
19 Mar 2023, 18:17 PM

Balance and general broken mechanics were of course a huge part of it, just like they are now, but on top of that coh 2 had substantial performance issues that meant it ran like shit on systems that supposidly met its requrements, made even worse on maps that featured that snow storm gimmick. There was no tooltips or detailed information about units or anything and it had a new command point system that was shit and broken. Did you play 2 at launch?

What broken mechanics?
19 Mar 2023, 18:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2023, 18:17 PMReverb

What broken mechanics?

Um tech progression, bulletins either not working or exploits using them, the winter weather until it got removed... Did you play it?
19 Mar 2023, 19:19 PM

Yes
those are not bad there are many exploit in coh3 now
winter was just unliked but itwork as intended/designed
techbrogression is balance issue
coh3 is far worse
you cannt prove me wrong i am right.
you lose.
19 Mar 2023, 19:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Mar 2023, 19:19 PMReverb

Yes.

Are you stupid or something? Winter was completely unplayable for a large number of people, of course it didn't work as intended. Nothing like that or the broken as fuck bulletin system currently exist in coh 3. I sound like i'm fucking cheerleading for it now, there's loads of things in it that need fixing and improving but the comparison isn't even close.
20 Mar 2023, 02:01 AM

Winter was completely unplayable for a large number of people

Only for people with trash computers, Winter ran fine and was a good mechanic overall but needed some tweaks and adjustments.

The biggest mistake was separating the maps between winter/summer. It would have been better if winter was an event in game (look at Northgard on steam for example).

Also despite the rough launch of COH2 the game was still fun to play.

COH3 on the other hand is trash on every level. I would choose launch COH2 over launch COH3 any day of the week.
20 Mar 2023, 04:10 AM

I'm going to have to second that, I was there at Company of Heroes 2's launch, I alpha- and beta-tested it and I knew full well what I was getting into. That being said, I still wanted to play it over Company of Heroes 1 - buggy and imbalanced as it was, it was already the more interesting game for a number of reasons (no vehicle pushing, no zombie squads, no purchased veterancy, no economy bullshit until Soviet Industry for a brief moment). I played it on an integrated graphics laptop on minimum settings, and I didn't mind because I was having fun. I did not have fun with Company of Heroes 3 - unlike in the above example I had no desire to spend money to play that game at launch. It's just an exercise in masochism.
20 Mar 2023, 06:41 AM

I'm going to have to second that, I was there at Company of Heroes 2's launch, I alpha- and beta-tested it and I knew full well what I was getting into. That being said, I still wanted to play it over Company of Heroes 1 - buggy and imbalanced as it was, it was already the more interesting game for a number of reasons (no vehicle pushing, no zombie squads, no purchased veterancy, no economy bullshit until Soviet Industry for a brief moment). I played it on an integrated graphics laptop on minimum settings, and I didn't mind because I was having fun. I did not have fun with Company of Heroes 3 - unlike in the above example I had no desire to spend money to play that game at launch. It's just an exercise in masochism.

I completely agree. CoH2 has already generated incredible enthusiasm and the blizzard mechanic was very interesting, when I saw an abandoned enemy tank I was delighted as a child and when you capture a Tiger or a hard heavy tank. After playing the tests of the third part, I did not get anything but boredom - a dynamic map is a boring set of skirmishes, USA, Britain Germany for the third time does not cause me the slightest interest in the game and what aggravates this is that the USA is a practical copy from the first part.
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS