Login

russian armor

How to "beat" the 2cm flak emplacement in teamgames

3 Mar 2023, 14:42 PM

Until Relic hotfixed the most OP emplacement in CoH history, let me show you a quick guide on how to have a chance of winning against the current Luftwaffe abuse going on in teamgames with the fallspios spam into flak emplacements.

1) Pick brits (my god, DO NOT PICK USF currently at any times at all!) and go Indian artillery doc. In the beginning you only want to build one vickers and 2 sections with a mortar (camp map) or 3 sections and a dingo (large open map).

2) If you see the axis plane in the sky at the beginning of the match, build a mortar asap as your 3rd or 4th unit. Once you have 1cp, call-in the doctrinal 120mm mortar and convert the tow-truck into a heal truck in the forseeable future. Put the truck on the frontline.

3) Now, once you spotted the emplacement:
Spam mortar smoke on it 24/7! The smoke lasts seemingly forever (45 seconds) in coh3 currently so the emplacement will be permanently smoked if you repeat this procedure frequently. Now the emplacement is forced to use ground attack which is very unreliable, esp against moving targets or if the map is cluttered with shotblockers.

4) Do not use HE barrage on the emplacement, it's a complete waste of time! Well, unless you cleared all other targets around the emplacement. Use the HE barrages in between the smoke barrages to bombard the nearby MGs and inf squads.

5) Upgrade all your sections with BOYS AT rifles and pick a good moment to approach the smoked emplacement and ground attack it with your entire blob (need at least 3-4 squads with AT rifles)
3 Mar 2023, 20:31 PM

1) Pick brits (my god, DO NOT PICK USF currently at any times at all!) and go Indian artillery doc. In the beginning you only want to build one vickers and 2 sections with a mortar (camp map) or 3 sections and a dingo (large open map).

In 4v4, it's okay to have *one* USF, but the USF player needs to rush sherman 76 and their teammates have to cover for their ass.

Apparently, the air support double strafing run will decrew then instakill the flak 36 in one callin, but you have to give up on sherman 76, which makes you useless.
4 Mar 2023, 03:26 AM

they cant attack ground. So Smoke is pointless anyway
#USFinLifeSupport
4 Mar 2023, 04:23 AM

Until Relic hotfixed the most OP emplacement in CoH history, let me show you a quick guide on how to have a chance of winning against the current Luftwaffe abuse going on in teamgames with the fallspios spam into flak emplacements.

2) If you see the axis plane in the sky at the beginning of the match, build a mortar asap as your 3rd or 4th unit. Once you have 1cp, call-in the doctrinal 120mm mortar and convert the tow-truck into a heal truck in the forseeable future. Put the truck on the frontline.

3) Now, once you spotted the emplacement:
Spam mortar smoke on it 24/7! The smoke lasts seemingly forever (45 seconds) in coh3 currently so the emplacement will be permanently smoked if you repeat this procedure frequently. Now the emplacement is forced to use ground attack which is very unreliable, esp against moving targets or if the map is cluttered with shotblockers.

4) Do not use HE barrage on the emplacement, it's a complete waste of time! Well, unless you cleared all other targets around the emplacement. Use the HE barrages in between the smoke barrages to bombard the nearby MGs and inf squads.

5) Upgrade all your sections with BOYS AT rifles and pick a good moment to approach the smoked emplacement and ground attack it with your entire blob (need at least 3-4 squads with AT rifles)

Also for USF Paras, if they get smoke support and you use 2 Satchels at the same time, the Flak will be destroyed instantly (at least that happend to me)
4 Mar 2023, 12:21 PM

Also for USF Paras, if they get smoke support and you use 2 Satchels at the same time, the Flak will be destroyed instantly (at least that happend to me)

True but only if it's vet 0 or 1.

At vet 2 and 3 it gets +120hp every time and will tank a satchel charge. And this thing vets up crazy fast
4 Mar 2023, 22:08 PM

Pretty sure that was a fluke. Flak 36 takes a satchel plus grenade plus a volley or two to decrew at vet zero full health, and as we know, any damage done to a crewed emplacement doesn't carry over to the abandoned weapon. The actual gun itself can tank a satchel at full HP.

You would need 4 satchels thrown to take a full health flak down to nothing from full health.
4 Mar 2023, 22:09 PM

Ofc if its a flak on the frontline it's probably not at full HP any more, but still, that's at least three satchels. One to decrew, two to kill the weapon.

Two would only be enough if you were able to deal damage to the flak 88 previously while it was decrewed AND the flak team manning it was at around half health.
5 Mar 2023, 08:36 AM

testing: upgraded USAF strafing runs from the ASC will destroy Vet 0 emplacements; any kind of smoke to get a unit in LOS and a strafe deletes them.
5 Mar 2023, 14:44 PM

what people dont realize is that sapper is basically sturmpio on steroid and when you see a plane fly over vp you can just rush sapper there to clap the fallspio in the cheeks
5 Mar 2023, 15:02 PM

testing: upgraded USAF strafing runs from the ASC will destroy Vet 0 emplacements; any kind of smoke to get a unit in LOS and a strafe deletes them.

And this becomes absolutely obsolete when they have multiple of these emplacements. Your plan will not even reach the edge of the map.
5 Mar 2023, 18:10 PM

And this becomes absolutely obsolete when they have multiple of these emplacements. Your plan will not even reach the edge of the map.

Also a 10/10 moment when you paradrop airborne rangers, AT guns or 30cal into your own base and they don't even survive those 10 meters
5 Mar 2023, 18:19 PM

Depends on how close to the edge of the map it is.
Vaz
5 Mar 2023, 19:09 PM

The dingo can decrew it with it's arty barrage. It's like 5m out of the flak range, so be careful. The dingo hq barrage is much more accurate than the one from the tommy flare it seems. Not sure why.
6 Mar 2023, 05:00 AM

It's simply not true.

6 Mar 2023, 08:16 AM

It's simply not true.

And now try this in higher game modes where maybe 2 players build the same amount of these emplacements and maybe one gets a Wirbelwind, etc.
6 Mar 2023, 08:47 AM

And now try this in higher game modes where maybe 2 players build the same amount of these emplacements and maybe one gets a Wirbelwind, etc.

and now in your argument give the allies an equal gamestate.

you're not being charitable in your argument and you know it.

I don't like them, they need to be changed, but I've presented a tactical counter that works. You're choosing to ignore that.
6 Mar 2023, 18:58 PM

and now in your argument give the allies an equal gamestate.

you're not being charitable in your argument and you know it.

I don't like them, they need to be changed, but I've presented a tactical counter that works. You're choosing to ignore that.

*works against flak 38s.

Decrewing isn't worth a damn against emplacements in CoH 3, there are just too many ways to quickly recrew them and get right back to it. The emplacement has to be decrewed AND destroyed within that small timeframe. Which can only be done against the Flak 38 (Oh, and by the way, if your enemy has troops nearby, they can recrew the emplacement before the second plane strafes the emplacement and save it from being destroyed LMAO). The Flak 36 will be decrewed then damaged until maybe a third of its health is remaining with a double sortie. Not ideal.

And for that matter it only works on the center of the map if there's nothing else in the backline on plane-shooting duty like wirbels or flakvierlings, or the enemy doesn't simply switch to AA mode. (Which they most likely will after having this happen to them a single time.)

The only saving grace is that flaks on the sides of the map will get destroyed no matter what, so long as the planes come in from outside the map, as the AA can't shoot at them. So that's nice at least.

The only issues are that you not only have to play as US, but also have to give up on Sherman 76es to do this, so it's a very tough sell.
6 Mar 2023, 21:07 PM

*works against flak 38s.

Decrewing isn't worth a damn against emplacements in CoH 3, there are just too many ways to quickly recrew them and get right back to it. The emplacement has to be decrewed AND destroyed within that small timeframe. Which can only be done against the Flak 38 (Oh, and by the way, if your enemy has troops nearby, they can recrew the emplacement before the second plane strafes the emplacement and save it from being destroyed LMAO). The Flak 36 will be decrewed then damaged until maybe a third of its health is remaining with a double sortie. Not ideal.

And for that matter it only works on the center of the map if there's nothing else in the backline on plane-shooting duty like wirbels or flakvierlings, or the enemy doesn't simply switch to AA mode. (Which they most likely will after having this happen to them a single time.)

The only saving grace is that flaks on the sides of the map will get destroyed no matter what, so long as the planes come in from outside the map, as the AA can't shoot at them. So that's nice at least.

The only issues are that you not only have to play as US, but also have to give up on Sherman 76es to do this, so it's a very tough sell.

OK, so let me get this straight, you and Garrett want to add hundreds of pop in support of these emplacements, and handcuff us so that, presumably in an end game state we have even less than what aerafield originally suggested to try and counter them.

Upgraded it's 40 munitions, add in a dive bomb run for 100 total if you really want to be sure.

These emplacements are broken, and they're a bitch to play against, if it was up to me they would be an 8-man towed version of the ones we can recruit from structures, but I don't feel like you're being open to tactical ideas that people are sharing.
7 Mar 2023, 03:18 AM

OK, so let me get this straight, you and Garrett want to add hundreds of pop in support of these emplacements,

Last I checked, a fallshirmpio squad and a halftrack isn't anywhere near "hundreds of pop". Also, just so we're on the same page, I play 4v4, so let's just be sure we're talking about the same size gamemode here.

Upgraded it's 40 munitions, add in a dive bomb run for 100 total if you really want to be sure.

Add in a dive bomb run for whatever you want. Unlike the strafing run, they come from the long side of the map always because you can't aim it. It's AA bait. You'll never get off a P47 bombing run past the 10 minute mark maximum.

Also, you do realize these callins share a cooldown, right? You don't get to strafe + dive bomb for a super duper kill everything plane run. You'd need a US teammate who is also gimping themselves by not getting Mechanized support to do this.

These emplacements are broken, and they're a bitch to play against, if it was up to me they would be an 8-man towed version of the ones we can recruit from structures, but I don't feel like you're being open to tactical ideas that people are sharing.

You're completely missing the point. I *play* US. I am *telling* you what happens in an actual game. The strafing run *cannot* be shot down on the edge of the map. That's its one big strength, and I pointed that out. Past that, you're gimping your late game by locking out Sherman 76es, and your strafing run is obsoleted by Flak 36es, which simply don't die to a double sortie strafe, and are accurate enough to shoot down a P47 bombing run before it even reaches them.

I'm not being close-minded, I tried all that shit in the multiplayer tech test AND here in the live version. It just can't do its job anywhere other than the edges of the map.
7 Mar 2023, 03:53 AM

Okay, huge lucky break for Allies players today, I didn't see this mentioned in the patch notes, but all emplacements seem to decrew at half health now. If recrewed, the new crew has only half health and needs an engineer squad to repair it to full.

Subsequent decrewals seem to put it at lower and lower health. Doing some testing now, but it seems like emplacements are no longer the huge pain in the ass that they used to be. At least from what I'm seeing.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS