Login

russian armor

How exactly does leaderboard ranks work?

31 Jan 2023, 04:59 AM

I know COH3 is coming soon, but as I've been playing more recently I've noticed its impossible for me to get to level 12. Every single time I get to level 11 once I lose I drop back down. This most recent time I won either 2 or 1 games after hitting 11 (to many friend games to remember) and then lost 1 game (2 3star, 1 2star, and 0 star vs AT all 3star team) then dropped back to level 10. I can't figure out what the system could be where a 50% or 66.67% win ratio results in a drop in level. I was at 55.65%(57%) win rate before the most recent loss. edit: I've tried searching here and reddit and havnt really found an answer.

I either hit 11 from winning the first game, or was already 11 during the first game.
31 Jan 2023, 06:37 AM

Each game is worth some amount of ELO or rank. It is based off your opponents rank. If you lose to low rank people, you will lose a lot of ELO/Rank.

There is a fixed amount you can win/lose at each level. People in the top 100 do not gain or lose much rank. People in the lower tiers can lose 100 - 300 rank in a single game.

Your best bet is to get the Desktop app from Coh2Stats.com where you are posting this image from. That will tell you everyone ranks. Then you will understand what is happening from game to game.

So my guess is your are barely getting to Level 11. Lose a game and you are back down into Level 10.

If you are not paying attention, people sometimes drop a game or two and forget. Then they see their rank drop a ton later because those games you left were still going on and finished later.
31 Jan 2023, 07:35 AM

I wasn't aware of the desktop app I'll try it out. I wasn't really paying attention to the back and forth 10 to 11 until tonight. I'm tracking it closely now trying to figure it out. The ELO depending on your enemy team seems weird if it doesn't take into account your own team. I can't see how an AT of 3 stars vs my random team with a 2 and 0 star could of had higher ELO to cause me to drop a level after winning 1 game after attaining level 11. Unless it's because it was their 2nd win as an AT and not having the 10 matches negates their ELO from other ranks/overall? edit: when facing an AT does it take their ELO from 4v4/3v3/ect AT and compare to your solo 4v4 ELO?

edit: after using the desktop app for a few games it seems my issue is just the number of people / competition of OKW. 8 games (including the one that got me back to rank 11) I've gone 6-2 gaining 30 - 119 ranks per win and losing 93 - 126 ranks per loss. I guess I was just stuck in this weird area of the leaderboard where depending on who I played I would gain so little / lose so much that 1 loss could kick me out of rank 11.

edit: damn I just went down 216 ranks vs an AT that is now 3-1 so I assume because they havn't done their 10 games it was "low elo" loss? 59%, 62%, 62%, 67% win rates across all ranked matches vs my team of 49%, 51%, 52%, 58%. I really hope they come up with a better system for COH3... I understand with low pop they need to have solo queue mixed with different version of AT queues but I don't understand why you don't have an overall ELO.
31 Jan 2023, 17:47 PM

it match people on yourteam first then it match after

so it make all good player on one team and all bad player on other so good player team always win, and then it mean those people get other good player in nextgame so it purpose make bad terrible match games

it is so dumb you have to be so dumb to make match make like this
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS