Login

russian armor

Brit and DAK Gameplay

19 Dec 2022, 17:51 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

1v1 game during CoH 3 London Press (November 22th 2022) preview with AE as Brit vs VulcanHDGaming as DAK.

AE point of view as Brit

VulcanHDGaming point of view as DAK

20 Dec 2022, 07:28 AM

Still not a fan of the idea of gnomes building a base. Base building is an important part of the beginning of the game. Automatic base building - oversimplification, always disliked that DoW2 had only one main base.
20 Dec 2022, 07:47 AM

Basically UKF is a CoH2 like faction without any super fancy ideas, but a lot of units and upgades/side grades

DAK is a faction with crap ton of LVs and PE like inf gameplay. Has build in "group call-ins", which is basically PE like Panthers call-in or OKW KT call-in (after all tech) , but with more options be it multiple stugs/p3s, P4 ... and Tiger :romeoHairDay:
20 Dec 2022, 09:09 AM

do the brits have a mortar pit? I've seen a heavy mortar like the 120mm Soviet one
20 Dec 2022, 09:29 AM

do the brits have a mortar pit? I've seen a heavy mortar like the 120mm Soviet one

US have mortar pits, but it's a regular mortar put inside separated built pit.
20 Dec 2022, 09:32 AM

US have mortar pits, but it's a regular mortar put inside separated built pit.

does it work like the fighting position?

And Does it give to the mortar range bonuses etc?
20 Dec 2022, 09:43 AM

ML 4.2-inch mortar, as you can see, it also has wheels for transportation, I think in terms of gameplay it will not differ in any way from the Soviet one.
20 Dec 2022, 12:20 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

I saw no manpower points on the map. interesting.
20 Dec 2022, 12:30 PM

ML 4.2-inch mortar, as you can see, it also has wheels for transportation, I think in terms of gameplay it will not differ in any way from the Soviet one.

It cant retreat
21 Dec 2022, 07:05 AM

does it work like the fighting position?

And Does it give to the mortar range bonuses etc?

Well, probably they for sure get done buffs, no details about that.The only thing we know about mortars is British one has passive ability which makes it more accurate depending on how long it attacks same area with barrage, but maybe all mortars have that.
21 Dec 2022, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The game looks good with both a positive and negative meaning.

From what I have seen in this match as well as some gaming news and coverage about CoH3, there does not seem to be something obviously game breaking or unfun about it.
But there's also no real selling points. It looks almost like what CoH2 could/should have been with another redesign. Apart from that, the all of the gameplay in the skirmish could have occurred in CoH2 as well.

Once they fix the most annoying bugs and balance issues, it will be better than CoH2. Players, myself included, will gradually transfer to CoH3 I guess. But it seems to me more like a step than a leap forward.

edit: Just to add, I think the best "new feature" is that vehicles seem to be MUCH more nuanced than in CoH2. It does not look like the CoH2 design of several classes with the higher class beating an equivalent investment of lower class (e.g. Tiger beats P4 beats Luchs or something), but more of a continuum of vehicles and strengths. This should make vehicle fights much more enjoyable.
22 Dec 2022, 19:02 PM

Still not a fan of the idea of gnomes building a base. Base building is an important part of the beginning of the game. Automatic base building - oversimplification, always disliked that DoW2 had only one main base.

Having to retreat your pioneers just because you want to tech up has always been very stupid imo.

Especially when some factions have to do it while others don't like in CoH2
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS