Login

russian armor

UKF Tank commander bug

6 Dec 2022, 11:32 AM

In one of the recent games I captured an abandoned Cromwell with Ostheer.

The commander upgrade button was missing and could not upgrade it with a commander.
6 Dec 2022, 12:10 PM

the upgrade is set to only display for british
6 Dec 2022, 12:23 PM

the upgrade is set to only display for british

Since it is a stock ability and part of the unit itself, it should be available for every faction and not just UKF.
6 Dec 2022, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2022, 12:23 PMVipper

Since it is a stock ability and part of the unit itself, it should be available for every faction and not just UKF.

if you think so, you can ask to have this thread move to balance or create a new one, as the issue is not a bug.
6 Dec 2022, 14:12 PM

It an "over sight" from the people who coded it and since the behavior in not as expected (and as it is for the majority of vehicles) it qualifies as a "bug".

This is not a balance issue.

If in your opinion the upgrade should not be available to other factions for balance issues, I guess you can start a thread about it.
7 Dec 2022, 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

As others said, it is not a bug, also not an oversight since afaik you specifically have set the upgrade to require the player "being UKF", which means this behaviour is intended.

The question though is if the upgrade is part of the Cromwell's balance or part of UKF's overall balance. Apparently, the devs have decided that it is more important for UKF than for the Cromwell itself. I don't think this is the right call though, it should be available even if captured.
7 Dec 2022, 12:42 PM

As others said, it is not a bug, also not an oversight since afaik you specifically have set the upgrade to require the player "being UKF", which means this behaviour is intended.

The question though is if the upgrade is part of the Cromwell's balance or part of UKF's overall balance. Apparently, the devs have decided that it is more important for UKF than for the Cromwell itself. I don't think this is the right call though, it should be available even if captured.

Seriously doubt that since game has a number of oversight that where not actually intended but where simply not noticed. I will continue to doubt that this behavior was a decision until someone can provide some proof that it was intended for the released product.

(I pretty sure most abilities are not created from scratch but edits of other abilities like "war speed" for instance or the reason behind it was so that the upgrade is not available to tank captured by UKF)

Stuka having 0 penetration for instance is a prime example.

I have no interest in arguing semantics on weather it qualifies as bug or not or even if it was decision at some point, it a abnormality that should be fixed and I am glad that you agree.

(edited)
7 Dec 2022, 13:25 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2022, 12:42 PMVipper

Seriously doubt that since game has a number of oversight that where not actually intended but where simply not noticed. I will continue to doubt that this behavior was a decision until someone can provide some proof that it was intended for the released product.

(I pretty sure most abilities are not created from scratch but edits of other abilities like "war speed" for instance or the reason behind it was so that the upgrade is not available to tank captured by UKF)

Stuka having 0 penetration for instance is a prime example.

I have no interest in arguing semantics on weather it qualifies as bug or not or even if it was decision at some point, it a abnormality that should be fixed and I am glad that you agree.

(edited)

Definitely CoH2 has quite some copy and paste issues. For unit upgrades, there rarely is a clear clue if that is intended or an oversight/bug, so I'll stick with what I think is most probable. Anyway, we agree on the conclusion.
7 Dec 2022, 13:45 PM

Definitely CoH2 has quite some copy and paste issues. For unit upgrades, there rarely is a clear clue if that is intended or an oversight/bug, so I'll stick with what I think is most probable. Anyway, we agree on the conclusion.

I am pretty sure a similar problem existed with "war speed" which allowed UKF Hammer engineers to upgrade the UKF teammates resulting in Churchill with "war speed" which was again an unintended behavior that had to be fixed.

8 Dec 2022, 05:46 AM

I worked for more then 1 year as a gaming QA and can state with confidence that such issues are up for devs to decide if it is a bug or not. Also, this issue is minor at best with fairly low priority if it is one and not a "feature", like some users have already suggested.
9 Dec 2022, 08:53 AM

I worked for more then 1 year as a gaming QA and can state with confidence that such issues are up for devs to decide if it is a bug or not. Also, this issue is minor at best with fairly low priority if it is one and not a "feature", like some users have already suggested.

In the end of the day in your opinion is this something that should be fixed or not?
16 Dec 2022, 22:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Dec 2022, 08:53 AMVipper

In the end of the day in your opinion is this something that should be fixed or not?

In my opinion, it should be fixed or at least addressed (e.g. in a statement with an explanation why it won't be fixed). Nonetheless, Vipper, props to you for reporting the issue.
16 Dec 2022, 23:01 PM

In my opinion, it should be fixed or at least addressed (e.g. in a statement with an explanation why it won't be fixed).

Nice to see we agree.

Nonetheless, Vipper, props to you for reporting the issue.

Thanks
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 15
United States 116

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak