Login

russian armor

[Relic] CoH 3 Launch Content & Beyond

6 Dec 2022, 10:36 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

Relic revealed the content of the game at its release and post-launch content in this news.

For multiplayer, Ranked Seasons, Replays v1.0 and Observer Mode v1.0 are post-launch content.
6 Dec 2022, 19:08 PM

What's everyone's thoughts on having no replay/spectator mode at launch? Seems daft to me considering how relic tries to actively engage with the competitive scene.

No tourneys or casts for a while!
9 Dec 2022, 01:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2022, 19:08 PMLatch

No tourneys or casts for a while!

It's not just the tourneys or casts. Most importantly, nobody can learn the game through replay analysis.

It's a complete disaster
9 Dec 2022, 07:30 AM

It's not just the tourneys or casts. Most importantly, nobody can learn the game through replay analysis.

And no one can prove if someone is map hacking

Let the games begin!
9 Dec 2022, 13:14 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

It's a complete disaster

Most players pick up the meta from streamers or what worked for/against them in the last couple of games, not by extensive replay analysis. I doubt it really matters that much for the majority of the players apart from it being a shame to re-watch a really cool match.

I hope that they will deliver it quickly though. No tournaments might hurt the game quite a bit. I think the current tournament scene is what kept interest in CoH2 online modes fairly high.
9 Dec 2022, 14:48 PM

Most players pick up the meta from streamers or what worked for/against them in the last couple of games, not by extensive replay analysis. I doubt it really matters that much for the majority of the players apart from it being a shame to re-watch a really cool match.

I hope that they will deliver it quickly though. No tournaments might hurt the game quite a bit. I think the current tournament scene is what kept interest in CoH2 online modes fairly high.

I disagree, the whole idea to make CoH2 e-sport and move this topic was a complete failure. Most people are not interested in watching other people's games because the human body is so obstinate: it is more interesting for him to do it himself. For me personally, and for most of the people I know from CoH2, tournaments don't matter and have never been watched or played in tours.

Interesting basic gameplay as well as high-quality modding that constantly adds all sorts of new content, that's what, in my opinion, is the main thing in order to keep interest even without the support of the creators.
9 Dec 2022, 15:12 PM

I disagree, the whole idea to make CoH2 e-sport and move this topic was a complete failure. Most people are not interested in watching other people's games because the human body is so obstinate: it is more interesting for him to do it himself. For me personally, and for most of the people I know from CoH2, tournaments don't matter and have never been watched or played in tours.

Interesting basic gameplay as well as high-quality modding that constantly adds all sorts of new content, that's what, in my opinion, is the main thing in order to keep interest even without the support of the creators.

Just out of interest, are you still planning on not buying or playing the game because it won't be authentic enough for you?
9 Dec 2022, 15:23 PM

Just out of interest, are you still planning on not buying or playing the game because it won't be authentic enough for you?

No, no plans to buy for the following reasons, which you can consider equivalent:
- The price, the huge price and the abolition of regional prices.
- Authenticity
- Factions: same factions for the third time, no thanks. There is no Italy in the game about the Italian Theater of Operations. Further Eastern Front without the USSR.
- Dynamic campaign is not interesting, in the test of this campaign there was only a huge boredom. The campaign in the Company of Heroes is a story about people in the war; in the first part it was done well, in the second it was bad, in the third it apparently did not have enough scriptwriters. I liked the German mission more, but for the sake of one campaign it makes no sense to spend a lot of money

So the third part now just does not give me a reason to buy and interest. And in general, friends with whom I played the first and second parts share the listed points and will not buy the game. One of my friends only has a PS4 and there is no reason to buy the game either, there is no cross play.
9 Dec 2022, 16:38 PM

No, no plans to buy for the following reasons, which you can consider equivalent:
- The price, the huge price and the abolition of regional prices.
- Authenticity
- Factions: same factions for the third time, no thanks. There is no Italy in the game about the Italian Theater of Operations. Further Eastern Front without the USSR.
- Dynamic campaign is not interesting, in the test of this campaign there was only a huge boredom. The campaign in the Company of Heroes is a story about people in the war; in the first part it was done well, in the second it was bad, in the third it apparently did not have enough scriptwriters. I liked the German mission more, but for the sake of one campaign it makes no sense to spend a lot of money

So the third part now just does not give me a reason to buy and interest. And in general, friends with whom I played the first and second parts share the listed points and will not buy the game. One of my friends only has a PS4 and there is no reason to buy the game either, there is no cross play.

Cool.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 5

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment