Login

russian armor

B-4 203mm Howitzer mod

24 Nov 2022, 09:42 AM

Hello Gentlemen,

What am I trying to do ?

A simple B-4 203mm Howitzer mod, that reverts the changes to it's previous 1 shot-glory state. For skirmish/custom battle use.

I've never tried it when it was good, really want to "experience" it.

I'm using these "patch notes" as a guide:

So what is the problem ?

So far - found tutorials for making a "tuning" mod, got through those.
Cannot find anything specific or enough to explain anything with artillery.

I'm combing through Ebps / Sbps / Weapons categories in the Attribute editor, and I'm finding B4 203mm Howitzer in all of those. Whilst I started to distinguish on my own some of the animation and other entity things I don't need, I'm still a bit lost.

For instance:

This is the ebps / races /soviet / team weapons / soviet field artillery /

For skirmish play, I should edit something _mp related, I get that...But which one ?
There is barrage_mp , _mp, and _commander in other categories as well?

A few more questions:
  • Cannot find where to change from 3 shells fired to 1. I sort of found it, but the way it's written, it should still fire 1 shell instead of 3.
  • Found damage - two instances - one says 640 (which I'm guessing is a singleplayer or just a leftover) and another is 220. Neither of them are "after the patch" values.
  • Found cost. Currently B4 203mm costs 400 manpower, 50 fuel and 13-pop cap. That is not reflected in any of the files, the best I can find is 300 manpower, 0 fuel.
  • Whilst I'm editing B4 203mm entity...Should I be looking at projectile entities as well ? Patch notes give scatter/suppress values, I'm having trouble understanding what is connected to what.

Can someone help, please ?

Tried googling, to no avail.
Tried finding a mod that would revert patch changes, wasn't really successful.
Same with standalone B4 mod.

GronGrinder on reddit says that the popular "All units" mod has not been updated in a while, and it should have the pre-patch B-4 203mm intact. Perhaps trying to mod the game myself is too time-costly and won't lead to desired/precise outcome, maybe I should just find a way to copy/paste B-4 203mm stuff from it. Problem is - I dont know how to exactly do that.

Can someone help me with this ?

24 Nov 2022, 11:53 AM

A simple B-4 203mm Howitzer mod, that reverts the changes to it's previous 1 shot-glory state. For skirmish/custom battle use.

I've never tried it when it was good, really want to "experience" it.

I'm not a modder so I cannot help you with the problem at all, but nonetheless I wanted to mention that if you want to bring the B4 back to its super old glory, I recommend to give it the vet 1 precision shot ability that it had until 2014 :snfPeter:
24 Nov 2022, 12:42 PM

I'm not a modder so I cannot help you with the problem at all, but nonetheless I wanted to mention that if you want to bring the B4 back to its super old glory, I recommend to give it the vet 1 precision shot ability that it had until 2014 :snfPeter:

Thumbs up for that, I've been messing about, and managed to do revert the damage changes, and made it scatter slightly less. Feels A LOT like you see the old school B4 on youtube.

One thing I really need help with is reducing it from 3 shots to 1, but for the love of God I cannot find how to do it.

Anyone ?
25 Nov 2022, 07:48 AM
Modmaker Badge

The mod tools aren't up to date with the current patches for some time now although I'm not sure what update its on. I think it might actually be on an update that is prior to the B-4 changes.

By default, the units within the mod will use the current patch but any clones that you make will use the mod's values.

ebps\races\soviet\team_weapons\soviet_field_artillery\m1931_203mm_b-4_howitzer_artillery_commander_mp

I think this is the one you will want to clone. If you right click on anything within the attribute editor it will give you an option to "find all references". This tells you what it links to and what you will want to edit.

abilities\soviet\modal_ability\artillery\artillery_barrage_ability\b4_203mm_barrage_commander_mp

This ability fires a single shot which might be what you're looking for.

So overall you'll need to clone the references in ebps, weapon, and abilities categories.
25 Nov 2022, 17:37 PM

The mod tools aren't up to date with the current patches for some time now although I'm not sure what update its on. I think it might actually be on an update that is prior to the B-4 changes.

By default, the units within the mod will use the current patch but any clones that you make will use the mod's values.

ebps\races\soviet\team_weapons\soviet_field_artillery\m1931_203mm_b-4_howitzer_artillery_commander_mp

I think this is the one you will want to clone. If you right click on anything within the attribute editor it will give you an option to "find all references". This tells you what it links to and what you will want to edit.

abilities\soviet\modal_ability\artillery\artillery_barrage_ability\b4_203mm_barrage_commander_mp

This ability fires a single shot which might be what you're looking for.

So overall you'll need to clone the references in ebps, weapon, and abilities categories.

Thank you for the reply, Sayoka. If it weren't for people like you, and the guys on reddit who suggested that the attributes were out-dated and I could just clone & build, I would've never got to try the B4 in pre-nerf state.

I actually came to certain conclusions by myself. After cloning ebps+sbps+weapons category B4 files, my B4 was still firing 3 shots. So I started tracing where those entities link to for information, and I eventually found out about the "abilities" categories and the fact that B-4 has it's own special barrage.

What is interesting, is that there are several more "B4" barrages in there. One of them fires 4 shots, another one 8, if I'm not mistaken. I did not spend time digging through, but my guess is that those are either for Railway artillery, or for Singleplayer, or just old relics that never were used.

Had there not been anyone on reddit to suggest cloning, your reply would've been the only one to save the situation. Thanks again, Sayoka.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★