Login

russian armor

The 2013 CoH2 multiplayer experience in 2022.

14 Nov 2022, 01:16 AM

So how was this OP? Very early T34? KV-2 spam? I wonder.

Extremely early. Extremely might not even do it justice, i wanna say ppl could get a 34/76 out in 7-8 minutes. Maybe faster tbh, its been a while
14 Nov 2022, 05:56 AM

Extremely early. Extremely might not even do it justice, i wanna say ppl could get a 34/76 out in 7-8 minutes. Maybe faster tbh, its been a while

Quick question; I can't tell if this is the mod being unfinished or not but... T1/T2 and T3/T4 are not mutually exclusive in the COH2013 mod. But I had heard that that was how the game was originally balanced.

Is this maybe something that came shortly after release? Or is it just unfinished mod stuff.

EDIT: They aren't mutually exclusive, but you have to build T3 before T4, which cost 100 and 110 fuel, respectively.
14 Nov 2022, 06:00 AM

Yeah. I guessed that would be only way it would even be useful. Otherwise, that manpower hit would make it hardly worth it.

I mean, from what I saw in the mod, SU-85 was like 40 fuel anyways, and T34 was 60 fuel.
14 Nov 2022, 12:26 PM

Quick question; I can't tell if this is the mod being unfinished or not but... T1/T2 and T3/T4 are not mutually exclusive in the COH2013 mod. But I had heard that that was how the game was originally balanced.

Is this maybe something that came shortly after release? Or is it just unfinished mod stuff.

EDIT: They aren't mutually exclusive, but you have to build T3 before T4, which cost 100 and 110 fuel, respectively.

Yea, they weren't exclusive but in practice they were due to sheer fuel cost. Accidently building the wrong one would literally fuck your strat up.
14 Nov 2022, 17:30 PM

Balance on the release was special, but I mean, a lot of the stuff was patched out pretty quickly by relic.

I guess, if you want to play truly "old fashion" game, you could try looking for a patch right before WFA release.

Game was pretty balanced, with some rough edges (like double soviet sniper) and required just a little bit more fixes, but WFA messed it up.

Well, I got my metaphorical hands on Version 3.0.0.9-something (through dubiously legal means, though it shouldn't really matter because I already paid for the game anyways) and I have to say that I feel pretty embarassed now, because it seems that the mod wasn't really that accurate to the game at release at all..

Tanks are much faster in this version than in the mod (the mod made me think that originally CoH2 had clunky and slow tanks, which imo would have been better design but I digress). Tanks are cheaper on manpower and more fuel expensive. All my experiences with the COH2013 mod effectively amount to those of someone's alternate history project.

I had ought to ask the mods to hide this thread out of pure shame :oops::oops:
15 Nov 2022, 00:01 AM

I didnt think they were ever actually mutually exclusive, but their costs basically made them that way. In other words it was impractical to get both, cuz they both used to cost more than they do now. But its been so long and their are so many fucking changes i cant remember. I might comb thru the changelog later

As far as t3 being required b4 t4, i thought that was a newer thing. I dont think thats how it originally was, but could be wrong on that one too
18 Nov 2022, 08:41 AM

As far as t3 being required b4 t4, i thought that was a newer thing. I dont think thats how it originally was, but could be wrong on that one too

It wasn't, they made it that way when they re-made the T3/T4. Before than you would usually go T1/T3 or T2/T4 depending on your commander pick.
18 Nov 2022, 17:01 PM

Thanks for the summary, was a nice read. Doesn't sound like that patch is trying to be the V1.0 CoH2 from June 2013 though, otherwise you probably would have mentioned ISU-152 and Elefant being in t4, and the ridiculous damage system on top of complete lack of weapon profiles. :snfPeter:

damage system: Back then, a penetrating shot of an Elefant or Tiger removed ~90% HP from a SU-85 or T-34, BUT both soviet units were able to bounce a shot from these tanks :lol:

weapon profiles: CoH2 launched without weapon profiles, like in CoH1. Meaning SMGs & LMGs had the same rate of fire and burst duration across all ranges, only the accuracy was affected by distance to target

To be fair, these 2 systems made more real-world sense, no?
18 Nov 2022, 21:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2022, 17:01 PMmrgame2

To be fair, these 2 systems made more real-world sense, no?

Yes, those two systems made sense. What made less sense was that veterancy made units more resistant to damage. With tanks, you might be able to argue that the tank crew is better at aiming at weak spots in enemy armor. As for damage resistance? What, the tank is somehow stronger on the inside? XD

I think the current system is better because it's a move more towards a proper arcade experience instead of the original hybrid realism/arcade design. The CoH2 engine doesn't lend itself well to realism imo lol. Just see any "realism" mods. Like Kreigspiel etc. Lackluster as heck.
25 Nov 2022, 20:36 PM

Yes, sniper clown car was available in all it's nutty glory.
The IS-2 did not do stun damage in the mod sadly. There were no stuns, but it hit like a truck with veterancy.
Yes, infantry got armor with vet from what I could tell.

About weapon profiles; I did notice that conscripts lost to grenadiers without upgrades while the cons were behind green cover, which was funny. I don't *think* weapon profiles were implemented, because like I said, the LMG shredded the shit out of conscripts who got close.

Elefant was, in fact, in T4. However, ISU was only available to be built if you picked an ISU commander. Probably more WIP mod stuff (that will never be fixed because author abandoned it). I did notice, however, that the ISU did fuckloads of damage, but had trash penetration. It could bring a Panther to 90% health, but only if it penetrated. Maybe Elefant was the same way. Usually we preferred Panthers.

Tiger definitely didn't take away 90% HP though. Even from T34-85. Likely it was simply copy pasted from single player or something.

Technically only the Elefant was available. All the other heavies seemed to be able to be unintentionally made available at T4 if you picked the right commander. So yes those were probably not accurate to how they were at the time.

you can theoretically recreate sniper clowncar by deploying upgraded jli in soviet clown car i have tried this and made a post about it
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 44
Germany 777
unknown 20
Germany 2
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L