Login

russian armor

Opponent infantry always outranges me

22 Oct 2022, 13:59 PM

My infantry can never return fire at equal range, they very often step out of cover in order to move closer to start firing. I see this happen at medium close ranges, not just long range (say little longer than rifle grenade range). If I move them back they stop firing and just get shot at.

Why do they do this?

Doesn't matter faction, volks, sections, penals, JLI, etc...I go back and watch replay and never see this problem with opponent, but I have this issue every single match, usually 25% even 50% of engagements. It is driving me crazy. I am absolutely sure I am not issuing move command.

It is very difficult to put unit in cover too. I click drag and they will not go where I tell them, usually 2-3 steps away from cover, even if I just make sure cursor is selecting highlight cover diamonds, the units almost never go there. Sometime I will click drag on cover, they will go to the cover but as they 'settle' they will step back out of cover. It usually take like 5-6 commands to place unit in cover...I never see this issue when watching player on twitch, sometime they have problem (rarely) but after quick adjustment unit will go where they want it. I can spend sometime 10 seconds fxxxing with model trying to make it go to spot.
22 Oct 2022, 14:14 PM

Hmm that is a strange one...

I've had it happen occasionally before but its usually quite rare. Something decides the squad is out of range or doesn't have sight, when it should be able to fire as normal... but a quick reposition usually corrects it. This is happening to you constantly and with every faction? I would be tempted to try to re-installing the game. No idea why that would happen all the time like that...
22 Oct 2022, 14:20 PM

maybe the game hates you?

Try using attack move order...
22 Oct 2022, 19:06 PM

I have seen this with parts of squads that are placed in cover. Like one or a couple models shoot from one squad, but the other squad just sits there. Idk how its possible but i assume it has to with buggy vision or something
22 Oct 2022, 19:09 PM

I think that gremlins disassembled your computer while you were asleep and replaced your HDD with an exact copy, with the only difference being that they downloaded a version of CoH2 where everything is just slightly off. Things like enemy infantry outranges you by two meters; the ZIS gun has 20 less penetration than normal; the ladder is controlled at will by gremlin HQ, freezing or moving you up or down on a whim; and last but not least, exactly one conscript model left the production line without picking up ammunition so he will never fire his gun and you never noticed.

My suggestion to fix this is to uninstall and reinstall the game.
22 Oct 2022, 21:55 PM

23 Oct 2022, 13:55 PM

I did but still have this problem
I just play game and i put vickers in trench and it not shoot MG42 that was shooting at it
I think vickers should outrange when in trench even but nope.
game is so fake andbullshit
i think internet makes differences in game play. garbsge game.
23 Oct 2022, 23:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2022, 13:55 PMReverb
I just play game and i put vickers in trench and it not shoot MG42 that was shooting at it

the vickers doesnt have increased fire range when in trenches

regardless, i know how you can mitigate the problem you have:

position your MG with the right click command, you get to see the fire cone. MGs tend to take a few moments to actually fire (this is especially devastating to allied MGs because they fire rubber bullets), so you manually target enemy units in the firing cone to hit them

you can "track" your infantry's range by hovering over enemy units with your own. Red aiming reticle means that they can shoot at them, while an icon of a soldier walking besides the reticle means that the squad in question is out of range. Sometimes squads dont fire at squads that are technically in their range, manually make them fire and just put them back in cover if they move. Another thing that you probably see (and complain about) is squads being in firing range, but not actually firing, instead walking closer. If that happens, just press the stop command and your squad will stop and actually start shooting while still.

if your infantry squad is being fired upon by enemy rifles, but out of range themselves, just change your squad position to another place, it shouldnt happen twice
23 Oct 2022, 23:53 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2022, 23:33 PMKatukov

if your infantry squad is being fired upon by enemy rifles, but out of range themselves, just change your squad position to another place, it shouldnt happen twice

This or you're fighting vetted paths/ fighting position guards
24 Oct 2022, 11:45 AM

This or you're fighting vetted paths/ fighting position guards

fighting position guards only get like 1 or so range increase? its basically nothing, the PTRS outranges all infantry anyway
24 Oct 2022, 12:34 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2022, 11:45 AMKatukov

fighting position guards only get like 1 or so range increase? its basically nothing, the PTRS outranges all infantry anyway

That is incorrect

PLS check guides before posting stats...

https://www.coh2.org/guides/88945/the-coh2-ability-guide-mark-2-0#2657
24 Oct 2022, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Oct 2022, 11:45 AMKatukov

Even if it was only a 1 unit increase, that's still technically outranging them. (Even though the PTRS fires to 40 by default, I'm talking about scary weapons like mosins and DPs)

All of this is basically off topic anyways though since Reverb is talking about plqying allies. Idk any axis units that get a range increase besides hull down tanks.
25 Oct 2022, 11:51 AM

1. Use attack move.
2. If you want infantry to stay in cover, don't issue shoot commands they will chase the target and lose cover.
3. Infantry fights automatically in infantry in range.

Pretty much just be patient.
25 Oct 2022, 11:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Oct 2022, 13:55 PMReverb

kek why would you even think that vickers fights better in trenches? what is this a ww1 game?
25 Oct 2022, 12:38 PM

1. Use attack move.
2. If you want infantry to stay in cover, don't issue shoot commands they will chase the target and lose cover.
3. Infantry fights automatically in infantry in range.

Pretty much just be patient.

sometimes infantry has enemy infantry in maximum range but they dont fire, that is fixed by manually targeting enemies, or by issuing a target and s command to not make them move out of cover
25 Oct 2022, 14:29 PM

kek why would you even think that vickers fights better in trenches? what is this a ww1 game?

vet 1 vet bonus used to give extra range/sight to vickers when in garrison.
25 Oct 2022, 16:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2022, 12:38 PMKatukov

sometimes infantry has enemy infantry in maximum range but they dont fire, that is fixed by manually targeting enemies, or by issuing a target and s command to not make them move out of cover

I sometimes check the cursor icon to see if the squad will fire directly or move towards the enemy, I cannot really describe it.
26 Oct 2022, 11:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Oct 2022, 12:38 PMKatukov
or by issuing a target and s command

:ot: why do people use classic hotkeys, why would you play Twister on your keyboard when you can situate your hand comfortably on WASD?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS