Login

russian armor

[Relic] Q&A Launch date moved

13 Oct 2022, 17:47 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

CoH 3 "Multiplayer Test" planed before game released said David Littman (Vice President of Production) during the Q&A stream today: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1623173570?t=00h40m31s

It would be a public test. The goal for Relic are to show off the game and test their tech and servers and for players to give more feedbacks for the post launch updates.
22 Oct 2022, 11:31 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

22 Oct 2022, 12:34 PM

Oh boy, I don't like what I heard: live service. This sounds very bad. We have already seen perfectly how nothing is worth the promises of support for many many years of the game, and we see clearly that only a few super successful games can boast of a "live service". The concept of "live service" is vicious and bad, but developers keep trying to use it in the hope of making big money. But as soon as they see that they are not coming the game quickly dies. Remind everyone about BF5 and BF2042 which were supposed to be a super live service, but in the end turned out to be a dummy that they were not going to support.
22 Oct 2022, 16:50 PM

I agree, look at Halo Infinite as well, Microsoft's flag ship franchise, they went the live service route too and it hasn't gone too well
24 Oct 2022, 04:29 AM
Senior Strategist Badge

Battlefield V is a great game now, they just jumped ship too early I find. They could've added more fronts to the game, like Soviets.
24 Oct 2022, 23:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Oct 2022, 16:50 PMBubalo
I agree, look at Halo Infinite as well, Microsoft's flag ship franchise, they went the live service route too and it hasn't gone too well

Ehh but at least Infinite is free 2 play. And its not going horribly, the ppl who have rly gotten screwed are the ones who bought the full game. They spent $60 for just the campaign which was rly fun but short. And u could get that campaign thru a $1 1 month trial of game pass which is what i did lol

"Live service" games shouldnt have a regular price-tag up front. They almost always lack the content worth the price-tag of a game under the promise that more will be added/rotating content. WHich is fine when the game is free, not so much when it costs 60 bucks

BFV had to get cut to 30$ like a month after release because of how much it was missing
25 Oct 2022, 11:53 AM

Live service?

That's their attempt to boost playerbase.

I am not against it, if that means bringing more people to our side.

All I want is good, fair, with working matchmaking multiplayer.

Is it too much?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS